Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely day. 50% of my garden now rotovated. The ground is dry as dust. Tomatoes, peppers, peas, melons, aubergines and courgettes doing well. Out of the 20 cucumber seeds I sowed only 6 germinated and I'm now down to 1 plant as something has eaten the others. I have tumbler tomatoes in the hanging baskets and they all have tomatoes, other tomatoes in containers going great guns, I swear I can see them growing.

We had (have)a frog in the garden. Good, he'll eat the slugs.

We had to move the planks that were taken up from my dining room on Friday. We were piling them very carefully against the kitchen wall until the last 2 or 3 then the whole lot fell on me. Just glad it wasn't the dogs. I just hope my neighbour doesn't need the right of way 'cos she can't get through. She hasn't needed it in the last year or so but that doesn't mean she won't.

I can't use the cooker as it has half my dining room furniture on and around it so I will need to go and find food later on. Oh, and I can't get in my fridge either. Restaurants here stop serving at 3pm and start again at 7pm.

I was about to do before and after piccies but I'll leave them til tomorrow as I'm too tired to work out how to upload them.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good Morning All Hot innit? Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo & Flo and anyone else who follows, we are suppose to have rain later this morning, it's all looking good out there and I have give my toms which are just starting to go red their Comfrey feed, a Survey this afternoon so hoping there is a dry spell in amongst the rain.
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning we had rain yesterday evening the grounds still wet so its good it got a soaking
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, not bad out today, washing machine is on
            Forecast rain yesterday, but notice today they have changed their mind. We will see
            Quick repairs to the brassica cage yesterday. Net curtains on the sides and fleece on the top. Well, the fleece started to disintegrate, do remedial work was needed.
            Well, first of all, my kale and sprouts look wonderful. I did notice a couple of holes in the leaves though ....
            How and when do you harvest kale? Got some lovely looking leaves on them.
            Anyhow, work later, have a great day all
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• 62F already here.

'orrible humidity, 93%. Supposed to drop to 50s lunch time.
              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Morning all, hope you had a lovely weekend. We were out with friends all of Friday and stayed overnight in Glasgow in a lovely hotel. Saturday was absolutely gorgeous...not gawjus...so spent the day walking round the city being tourists. Enjoyed it very much. Yesterday was a complete washout and it rained during the night too, this morning is a bit brighter but I'm sure the rain is not far away.

Domestic duties to catch up on after I've caught up on the Vine first. Hope you all have a lovely day.
                sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. A very dull day here. Just had a bit of drizzley rain which has now stopped.
                  Temp has dropped and its only showing 14deg here at the moment.
                  Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all n'all

Yey!...we had a really heavy downpour during the night!
                    Looks like we're finally getting somewhere with training it not to rain at weekends or during daylight hours!

We have a hosepipe ban here. They call it a 'household water' ban. I presume that means not even watering cans?
                    Think I need to check up on that.
                    Good job we have a few thousand litres of stored rainwater!

Domestics for me today, followed by a quick nip out for the final Pilates sesh of the 'year'.

Have a gud'un peeps
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all

VERY hot and humid again. The weather keeps predicting rain which we never get so suffering a massive drought again. The water butts have been empty more than full this year.

Looks like the beans are finally taking off after a very slow start! Picked my first runner beans and a huge bowl of French beans. Loads of courgettes and my first outdoor Sungold tomatoes.
                      LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Mornafternoon All
                        Still sunshiny here so I've spent the morning in the rhubarb "room", with the pups and chooks. I weed. the chooks scratch and peck and the pups dig holes for moles! Between us, we leave a trail of destruction
                        I have a little idea for this area but I'll keep that up my sleeve for now
                        We have rain forecast for tomorrow so I must go weed some more.
                        Enjoy your day

Comment

• Still no rain here, hot and stuffy at work.
                          Mind you, I did do 3 loads of washing and got it all in before 12, so that was handy.
                          We are teetering on a hosepipe ban I think, letter in the door this morning.
                          Watering cans are ok, so hopefully same for you Nicos.
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good evening, it has actually been dry here today but unable to get into the garden as have been hospital visiting all weekend as my son took ill now home but to go back tomorrow for more tests, no matter how old they are you still worry about them when they are ill, did spend a little time this evening making paper logs now the problem is where to stack them to dry off, I read some bumff where it said store them, some where sunny to allow them to dry out, could I send them down to anyone that has the sun?. Well keep safe and try and give someone a helping hand and a smile. Goodnight
                            Last edited by rary; 10-07-2017, 09:15 PM.
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull but hot here. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All, as Flo warm but dull and overcast, rain expected today (where have I heard that one before) I'm hoping as it takes so long to water both allotments.
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X