Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all. Bright sunny day today & lots of rain just turned up. Have made a load of bunches of flowers for children to take to school tomorrow. 1 teacher and 2 assistants in eldests class, 3 staff in youngests playgroup & 1 teacher and 3 assistants in yougests class so 10 in total plus a spare. 3 left to do - garden looks bare!

Have also made a pirate costume for youngest as has a pirate party at school tomorrow!
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all n'all

Been awake for ages
        Just about to put in second washer load.
        Hibou cleaned up(eye and neck still problem).. fed and happily leaping around the field hunting down voles.( darned things keep eating the bean roots)
        Sipping my second mug of tea....

I'll probably need to go back to sleep soon

What've peeps got planned for the weekend?
        Anything exciting?
        Domestics, gardening and hopefully sorting out some of my craft boxes so I can find things again!

Have a good y'all....
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'm hoping to get a rest this weekend! I'm sure I work harder at home. I didn't get in the garden at all last weekend so that is my plan Mice and Men come to mind.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, my washings on as well Nicos, quelle surprise
            Off to Costco with a friend to do a refill of the freezer, then later over to our Daughters as Grandson is 18 today, and we must just check that he has made it lol
            The weekends forecast is not brilliant so no plans there.
            Harvested more Charlottes yesterday, yummy spuds.
            It is plain to see that the runners will have a glut sometime soon
            Have a lovely sunny Friday
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• It's a grey day today. Thunder and a light sprinkling of rain. Could do with more of the wet stuff, but at least it's cool.

Am hoping to go on a shopping trip with Mr Snoop tomorrow and take in a nursery to get autumn caulis and maybe a few cabbages as plug plants. I've sown two lots of autumn and winter cabbages. The winter ones are about OK but there's something about the autumn ones, as the snails love them.

Plus, will be looking through all my seeds to see what else can be sown as a last-minute rush before it gets too late.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning its wet, windy and sunny here, gardens look good with all the rain even the grass is starting to turn greenish again
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning Everyone. Sunny and gusty here at the mo and yesterdays rain looks like it's managed to soak through. Son popped over to stay for a couple days and daughter's coming this evening so I'm working out what I'll cook for tonight.
                  Could really do with getting the black kale plants out into a bed before it rains on Sunday.

Have a good'n
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning All

I have a little GPS, It sits there in my car
                    A Satnav is a driver's friend, it tells you where you are.
                    I have a little GPS, I've had it all my life
                    It's better than the normal ones, my Satnav is my wife.

It gives me full instructions, especially how to drive
                    "It's sixty K’s an hour", it says, "You're doing sixty five".
                    It tells me when to stop and start, and when to use the brake
                    And tells me that it's never ever, safe to overtake.

It tells me when a light is red, and when it goes to green
                    It seems to know instinctively, just when to intervene.
                    It lists the vehicles just in front, and all those to the rear
                    And taking this into account, it specifies my gear.

I'm sure no other driver, has so helpful a device
                    For when we leave and lock the car, it still gives its advice.
                    It fills me up with counseling, each journey's pretty fraught
                    So why don't I exchange it, and get a quieter sort?

Ah well, you see, it cleans the house, makes sure I'm properly fed
                    It washes all my shirts and things, and keeps me warm in bed!
                    Despite all these advantages, and my tendency to scoff,
                    I only wish that now and then, I could turn the bloody thing off.

Yes darling I'm making your morning cup of tea.....
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
                      Evening all. Bright sunny day today & lots of rain just turned up. Have made a load of bunches of flowers for children to take to school tomorrow. 1 teacher and 2 assistants in eldests class, 3 staff in youngests playgroup & 1 teacher and 3 assistants in yougests class so 10 in total plus a spare. 3 left to do - garden looks bare!

Have also made a pirate costume for youngest as has a pirate party at school tomorrow!
                      HH, you should,watch The Wright Stuff this morning on Channel 5...they are going to be discussing this very thing! Teachers should start refusing gifts at end of term...it's a huge pressure on families who are not able to give.
                      sigpic

Comment

• That's me to a tee Cad!

Morning all, wet, windy and a little chilly this morning. It's not been a good summer at all has it. I think this is another year where my fruit has done not too badly but veggies are a no no. Toms have flowers but no fruit. Only thing doing well are the chillies but they are indoors!

Anyhoo, hope you have a great day whatever you are doing!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                          HH, you should,watch The Wright Stuff this morning on Channel 5...they are going to be discussing this very thing! Teachers should start refusing gifts at end of term...it's a huge pressure on families who are not able to give.
                          Fortunately at our school it's a very informal thing - anyone who does it (and not everyone does) just hands things over as they're dropping their children off. Quite easy not to and some years I haven't, or just got children to make a card. OH is a teacher and certainly doesn't get something from every pupil - he teaches at a secondary and normally it's just the sixth formers and the whole class will club together to buy a bottle of wine or similar. Think it depends which school.

On that note there's 6 assistants in youngests class so have to make a couple more bunches of flowers for playgroup this afternoon! At least it's free.....
                          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Good day all. Not a bad day here. A little windy but still sunny. I have been out walking in the park and then sat in the rose garden far a while. The perfume from the roses was devine.
                            Home now and going to have lunch and thrn hopefully out to my garden.
                            Nothing planned for this weekend as was a busy week with the kids, so apart from pitch and putt I will be just chillin.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• That's toddler Grandson gone to collect his big brother from the zoo at Camperdown Park(he's been on a weeks experience helping, he's only 6 and loving it), where do nearly 3 year olds get their energy from. Strawberries took a real bashing, he liked the Mare des Bois which surprised me as they are quite acidic.

Comment

• What a morning! We've been having trouble with a joint bank account between me and my youngest. I had to go into town (40 mile round trip) with ID and both our cards. They can only assert that I am who I am and request HQ sort things out. Hour and a half out of my day for something that took less than 5 minutes. At least I got to have a coffee and chat with my son when I picked up his card (10 miles in the other direction). Now happily ensconced in my local with a glass of Chardonnay in front of me.

Gardenwise, I now have 2 ripe cherry tomatoes. I've never grown orange ones before. I think it's time to sow some lettuce. The only surviving cucumber has little ones, aww.
                                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                                Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X