Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, NS it looks like we're sharing Flo's weather today my forecast doesn't mention rain so thats good
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all - wet and cold here. Booooo!

Off to the stables to check on 'my' poor lame boy, who hooned about in the fields with his mates and now has a sore back leg. And to start planning the pony-height planters for some of the last RHS/forest garden donated plants.

Sometime soon I'd like to spend a day or two on my own allotments!

Hope you have a great day.
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Morning all
        Sunny here and I'm not sharing
        Maybe a nip to small local GC today then some seed sowing, grass cutting ,garden type duties although washing also needs done....and a baby blackbird to bury rip. Found on drive not sure what happened.
        Found a horseshoe in the forest whilst walking doggy yesterday
        Have a good day
        Last edited by Containergardener; 24-07-2017, 08:01 AM.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning, a nice warm morning, all my watering done and up at my daughter's waiting on grandsons to surface, her dog has been ill for the past two weeks, it would appear to be her back legs that are giving her problems as she cant jump so has to be carried down the stairs, and for her that moved constantly its quite a dramatic change and quite worrying, the vet hasn't a clue what's wrong with her, just hoping she picks up, at the moment she is out sunning herself so will need to watch she doesn't get Sun burnt
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all, a beautiful sunny, warm morning woohoo! Time out in the garden today me thinks!
            Rary, hope your daughters dog gets well soon...it's so worrying when they are ill isn't it?
            Hope you all have a lovely day and the weather is kind to you!
            Last edited by Jay22; 24-07-2017, 08:47 AM. Reason: Posted too,early! :)
            sigpic

Comment

• Boo!
              Mornin n'all n'all
              Just bobbing in...see y'all later....
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. We have wall to wall sunshine with the forecaster telling us today will be the hottest day of the week with temp rising to 24deg. Sounds good to me.
                Off to the cemetary to visit my mothers grave. Today is the second anniversary of her passing.
                After that its time for a walk and then back to my garden.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Was just on Amazon to look at the price of watering cans, as I have had to scrap three recently due to a hole on the bottom of one, which I couldn't "weld" one that split when I dropped aboard on it and another that split when I stood on it so thought I would buy a good metal watering can, £131.0 for a watering can I am now wondering if it's gold plated. Am I being a bit miserly, or is that a realistic price for a metal watering can?
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary have a look at car boots of flea markets I bought mine for £5. it was missing its spout so I use a universal rubber one.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I got a nice Hawes plastic one and it's lasting for ages and it's lighter to lift and carry about(I think I could have got half a dozen for that price too).

Comment

• Meant to ask...is BM too busy fishing or on other sites to be bothered with us, haven't seen him for ages!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hi guys, quick drop-in to say hello. Big hail storm yesterday. Mr Snoop and I removed a load of weeds from the muddy ground this morning. It's drying up big time in the wind and sun, so we reckon it might be ready to prepare already for extra goodies: yet more cabbages and caulis, some French beans and some lamb's lettuce.

That's the good side: the storm did quite a bit of damage. No idea how but the toms survived though most of the the melons and all of the squash are finished, and quite a few of the aubergine and pepper plants are looking pretty wrecked. Don't mind so much about the aubergine plants (six is a bit excessive for just two people), but sad about the pepper plants.

No use crying about it, as there's nothing to be done about it.

Hope you're all doing well and jolly.
                          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 24-07-2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• I have ONE tomato that's showing signs of ripening.
                            Hopefully the rest will have a jolly good think about it
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good evening all. What a busy day I had.
                              Went to the cemetary. Met my sister and had a long walk on the beach.
                              Went for lunch and thrn home to water all the greenhouse plants.
                              Had my son, his wife and my two grandkids in.
                              Had my daughter and another grsndchild in.
                              Shattered after cooking dinner for all of them.
                              Also knocked a big dent in my first early potato harvest.
                              We had the most brilliant sunny day and temp still 18deg.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sounds good bramble

Did some gardening , washing n the like , warm day for a change .
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X