Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor day here too. It's raining, glad I uncovered the compost yesterday so it can damp down. Just pickled three jars of jallies, the first of the season and such a good feeling to be making a start.
    Enjoy the rest of your day folks, inside or out.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Indoors for me too Chucking it down here - seems we're all sharing the weather today.
      After 2 good days of clearing an overgrown patch, I needed today to complete it. My piles (of weeds) will be sodden - serves me right for not clearing up as I go
      Have a good day - try not to work too hard

Comment

• Afternoon its wet and windy here so it looks like we're sharing the same weather, I had planned on turning my compost and weeding the roots bed. So I've been catching up on reading instead.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon graper's,wet and misserable here,
          Rary,it's a man thing,i get the same ,say something to him,he answers,without listening to what i said,with or without the hearing aids,no matter what it is i said ,men ay ,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Fed up of the rain already, don't even want to step outside let alone go to open GH door, I hope it stops soon.
            Making a big batch of chilli instead.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Afternoon, it's wet here also. Completely changed what we were going to do today.
              Never mind, the GG is more than happy on her iPhone. Where has that little girl gone?
              Her Mum is here and she's been on her phone too. Trying to stop £650 coming out of her account for car insurance for a car she doesn't have.
              That's what you get for not sorting things out properly. She sold the car at least 3 months ago.
              That's not a rant by the way
              I decided to take off the curtains on the sprouts as there was a few yellow leaves to take off.
              There was HOLES in my leaves!
              Found the little culprit curled up ready to be a butterfly. Popped him out immediately, too late though.
              He was the only one there, and I can tell you how much one caterpillar eats. Not too bad thank goodness.
              We have decided to fight these little critters ourselves.
              Kale is going to be cut for dinner tonight,,yipee
              Have a great day, that sure was a ramble
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                Fed up of the rain already, don't even want to step outside let alone go to open GH door, I hope it stops soon.
                Making a big batch of chilli instead.
                Chilli...yum, you must share your recipe. When I make it it's fine but there always feels as though there is something missing.
                Last edited by Jay22; 26-07-2017, 12:09 PM. Reason: Sp.
                sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon all. We had that heavy rain overnight.
                  A sunny day but so very windy.
                  Played pitch and putt this morning and we were almost blown away but it was lovely anyway.
                  Have a good day whatever youre doing.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well, it's never the same twice as I chuck things in ..
                    Today..
                    Minced beef
                    Chopped onion, celery,carrot, garlic, birds eye chillis
                    Passata
                    Herbs..oregano, rosemary, cumin, hot paprika, turmeric
                    Bovil
                    Balsamic
                    Green lentils
                    Pinto beans

I've been reading GYO mag about installing a heat sink in GH with solar panel etc , wonder whether to try or just bubble wrap whole thing. Hmm.
                    I'm determined to be harvesting from GH this yr and not using as a shed!
                    I'd like to have salads, sp onions, kohl rabi perhaps and ???

Oh it's stopped raining and garden lawn full of thrushes, blackbirds and little wet robins aww
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Ugh it's raining again and windy with it
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                        Well, it's never the same twice as I chuck things in ..
                        Today..
                        Minced beef
                        Chopped onion, celery,carrot, garlic, birds eye chillis
                        Passata
                        Herbs..oregano, rosemary, cumin, hot paprika, turmeric
                        Bovil
                        Balsamic
                        Green lentils
                        Pinto beans
                        2 squares of dark cooking chocolate?
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Chocolate in chilli,think i heard that before,but know not why.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                            Chocolate in chilli,think i heard that before,but know not why.
                            Because it's not usually a sweet in S America. Bitter cooking chocolate is usually the nearest you can get unless you use unsweetened cocoa powder but then you don't have the cocoa butter.
                            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

• I didn't add dark chocolate even though I love it, I don't think OH would be so keen .
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny so far. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X