Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all - sunshine here too, but will it last?
    No, of course it won't! I know it was a rhetorical question, but really, you would think at my age I would know better! Anyway, I have been out and spent an enormous amount of money at a well-know book store And I have just sampled the fridge pickles - not bad, but perhaps add some dill next time.

Comment

• NS, steam the kale...much better!
      sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon n'all
        Preserving gone well...now having a break from it!
        A couple more batches of jam and all the 'older' frozen fruit will be gone...yippee!...then I can defrost the little freezer(first time in about 8 years...shame on me!)

Ironing pile next....
        Nearly weekend folks!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening, a wet day today, and need to get some ironing done (Nicos might not notice if I slip some in) tasted my first of this year's home grown tomatoes, shared it with OH, to get her opinion and she reckons it has a far better taste than anything bought in a shop, and it has been fed with a home made feed only, so quite happy about that. Now going out to the greenhouse for a time
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all

Been very manic with the school holiday and entertaining my daughter in between trying to keep up with the jungle that is the garden!

Plot has gone a bit crazy - it was a silly idea to have 2 courgette plants in the greenhouse and shove so many in our small garden. They are growing everywhere :O

I have made courgette soups, courgette cake and been eating them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reminds me of the marrow glut last year. Just started picking a load of tomatoes and cucumbers so now I need to think what to do with the cucumbers.

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer - maybe not the weather - but the growing season.
            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Evening all, back from our journey to visit Aunty. She is much better this week phew!
              Took us 3 1/2 hours there and 2 hours back. Flippin traffic non stop jams on the way up.
              Watched a little white butterfly laying her eggs on my kale this morning. It's easy to spot them and rub them off when you know where they are isn't it......
              Daily watch on kale and sprouts from now on. If the pigeons start eating it, hubby will get a shotgun I reckon.
              Have a good evening
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good morning all,another weekend is upon us,be good to yourselves.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning, yesterdays sunshine didn't last long we had heavy rain for the rest of the day knew I should have checked the forecast.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                    We has the frizzy wet stuf today...hopefully you've had your share by now Bren?

Domestics today for me...cleaning, washing, ironing...the usual.
                    However....I'm going to try and find a good film to watch whilst ironing.
                    Anyone got any suggestions?

We slobbed out in front of 'Lincoln' last night....perhaps something a bit more lively than that?
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning Nicos'n'All Suicide Squad is a good romp Nicos. Rained most of the day yesterday so no prediction for today, even with this hot sunny start. Have a lovely day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, nice out at the moment but rain forecast for this afternoon
                        Batch cooking for me today. Slimming ish meals for the freezer. Going to include kale in it one way or another. Will be picking that before it rains.
                        Our floral efforts in the garden are still going well. Lots of dead heading going on with them everyday
                        Have a lovely day folks
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• NS try some kale crisps next time you are using a deep fat fryer, just one or two bits of leaf to find out if you like the taste or not to start with.
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Happurday Saturday It was sunshiny at 6 but not so shiny now.
                            Never mind, I'm going to a birthday party for an old friend - old in every sense We met when 16, starting our first jobs after leaving school. We don't meet up often but when we do we're acting like the silly teenagers we were then! Looking forward to a good laugh later
                            Hope that whatever you're doing today makes you laugh too!

Comment

• Good morning all. A mixture of sun and clouds and windy with it but no rain forecast.Off out to pitch and putt later.
                              Grandson is coming for dinner later so looking forward to seeing him.
                              We had a great night out with friends at the kariokee and it was quite late when we got home but it was worth it.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Bright but quite breezy up here, the new beech hedge is doing a great job as a wind break though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X