This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vixylix View Post
    Afternoon all - still miserable and actually a bit chilly here! It's supposed to be August!!

Hope everyone else is well... someone must be having nice weather?!
    It's not me its wet and windy here I've been out in the garden a couple of times to harvest things and gave up after getting soaked.

VC I'm a messy jam maker and set jam takes some cleaning up. good thing from that is knowing that means the jam in the jars will set.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Congratulations Deano

Comment

• Congratulations Deano

Comment

• The G tape is looking like it will work, yay. Bit awkward to apply in places and will probably look bodged but if it works and keeps it dry and warm I don't care Rained most of the day here so more taping up tomorrow
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Enjoy just now Deano, if you think your own were a wiry just wait, congratulations to you and the family.
            Now VC who would possibly ask if you grow the things to make bread and if you wet that Tshirt while wearing it NO PHOTOS
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• HI ALL,windy but dry here,much better than the heatwaves for me,what's this Deano congratulations lad,details needed please,back garden looking much better,slow but sure,hoping to have good weather in a few weeks time,we having a garden party to celebrate our 50th,providing all goes to plan,cake ready to decorate,and cooking yet to be done for the freezer,plenty off eggs to go at.
              Ref my rant,all calm for now,and was tolled,need 2 to save up for moving out,some things just have to be bravely said,be kind to yourselves
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                Aww congratulations Deano...don't leave it like that! Weight, name?
                Sorry!

"Reggie Vincent"

Gawd know where that's come from, but weighing in at 8lb 4oz! and more hair than me!
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Evening all.
                  Misersble first half of the day with sheets of rain and wind.
                  Hubby and grandson decided to go to the movies to see Dunkirk so I went off into town.
                  Bought nothing but a handbag which I have been meaning to buy for ages to replace my old worn out one.
                  Trearted myself to lunch and had a wander around the shops.
                  Of course, as soon as I got into town the sun came out for the whole afternoon.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• An absolutely awful day here today, haven't even bothered to get dressed
                    I did don my dressing gown this afternoon to go get the veg for dinner
                    Hopefully it should improve tomorrow
                    Have a great evening
                    Deano, I think the name Reggie is so cute
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good evening a wet cold day today even my central heating came on set at 18c, and there is no chance of OH sitting in that, (personally I think she could have got a brush in her hands and worked up a sweat) yes I know there are other ways to get all het up but I need to be realistic more tomatoes starting to ripen and very tasty too so quite happy with that
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Should have said son was at hospital for some tests and wee need to wait for the results, though he says he feels ok now, and my wife was at the hospital also for a check for osteoporosis, and was quite happy to be told she doesn't have any sign of this and that she doesn't look her age, mind you I have been told that too, but as have said I have an excuse I have been married a long time of course I will look older, just listening to the heavy rain on the conservatory roof, we really need a bit of summer up here. Well no matter what the wether, keep well and pass on a amile. Goodnight

Comment

• Hope your son got favourable results and your wife is doing well.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                            And so....in came Hibou looking more like a drowned rat this morning....looks like we had a heck of a lot of sploshy stuff in the night!...I believe I can actually hear the courgettes growing from here

Today will be spent mostly preserving French beans, and possibly more courgette.
                            Tis great seeing my shelves filling up with home produce ready for the winter

Hope everyone is OK?
                            ...have a gud'un peeps
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh gosh!....nearly forgot!
                              Grabs bestest frock

...kettle's on if anyone is interested in helping themselves....

Comment

• ....urm Cad?....what have you done to it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X