Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a day for drooling... First Penellype's fennel and lemon risotto, then José's trees and now Florence Fennel's lemon cake and lemon curd.

Actual food is going to have to include tomatoes. I gave away a load the other day but there are still more than we can eat. Gazpacho looks to be in order for lunch. Except I was going to make courgette soup for supper! Life can't be bad if these are the only problems.

Anyway, have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Do you peel the courgettes for soup Snoop? It would be funny to say that out loud
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Lemon curd a complete success in the microwave BTW

Comment

• This was my breakfast fry up of cooking bacon (about 25p worth) and 10p reduced shrooms!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170812_092621-1377x2448[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	2374422

An OCD bacon and mushroom sarnie in the making!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• That's a grill up Snadge - man up and get it fried

Comment

• Very good, FF. And very cruel, Snadger. All the more so as it was cheap!

And no, I don't peel the courgettes. Gives it a bit of colour, otherwise it's a bit insipid looking. I whizz it all up, so no bits.

Comment

• Thanks Snoop - do you add any spice?

Comment

• Evening it's been a good day, spent it between the garden and kitchen, made curried courgette soup, courgette fritters, froze blackberries, raspberries and runners then baked bread rolls. So the house has a mix of smells.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    Didnt do a great deal today. Watered all the toms, chillis and cucs in the greenhouse.
                    Deadheaded the dahlias and sweetpeas.
                    Took some seed from the tomatoes to save for next year.
                    Had to fill up some buckets from the outdoor tap as the water butts are now empty.
                    Did some weeding as usual.
                    All looking well at the moment, fingers crossed.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• A local coffee shop had all their plants destroyed a couple of nights ago. I'm more into veggies than flowers so have offered mine to them. They had a fantastic display. What do these vandals get out of it.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning everyone. Managed to sleep in until 6.30 this morning. So just put kettle on if anyone wants a drink.
                        Going to take the kids to the allotment today. See how long they last down there. Probably not long at the moment because they both hate weeding.
                        Have a good day everyone
                        sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, looks like a nice sunny summer type day, enjoy.....
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning, its sort of cloudy here Cad and it feels like its going to rain soon.

Happy birthday to Flo's youngest GG
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Looks like a fine day here as well
                              Docs this morning for a review (diabetic), expect a telling off
                              Then it's work this afternoon, looking forward to it as always.
                              Made a lovely chopped salad yesterday with more tomatoes than you can shake a stick at. Repeating today, they will not beat us lol
                              Have a lovely day everyone
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good Morning All We're sharing the same weather again Bren and thank you for the birthday wishes for the Golden Girl. She's enjoying Scotland It's the last day of my leave today but I need to go back for a rest! Have a good day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X