Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all, Well today hasn't been to stressful. I made my point with the OH and kids so everyone knows what's what now.
    I ended up at the doctors with my chest. I have been coughing for weeks now and he has decided I have a chest infection so am now on a very strong dose of antibiotics.
    Then when I got back the internet had gone down so my dad has been 'bored'. Worse than one of the kids sometimes.
    But for tea I went and got a Chinese for everyone. It was really, really nice. So have finally sat down with my feet up catching up on stuff that I needed to do on line but couldn't earlier.
    Have a good evening everyone
    sigpic

Comment

• Oh Novicegrower, take care of yourself. A chest infection coming into the sutumn is not good.
      Rain stopped in the afternoon after I committed myself to making jam.
      Looked out at the plum tree today and realised they are slmost ripe and last years crop still in the freezer.
      Defrosted and made 9 large pots of plum jam.
      Then defrosted the gooseberries and made 5 jars, and one jar of strawberry.
      Doesnt sound like a busy day but by the time I washed and steralised the jars, washed snd stoned the fruit and did the clean-up afterwads it felt like a hard days work.
      Plenty of scars on my hands from bubbling jam.
      The freezer is still full of blackberries waiting to be turned into bramble jelly.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo, raining here
          Cup of tea and back to bed I think
          See you later
          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all. Been raining here since early hours of this morning so it looks as if the allotment is delayed until at least the afternoon. Might sneak off and go to a garden centre. I still have my birthday garden voucher and I've not spent it yet.
            Have a good day everyone
            sigpic

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all n'all

Lots of sploshy stuff here too!
              Quite pleased really...good for the veg eh?

Having said that last night 'we' left the lawn mower, washing and wooden table out last night...not good at all.
              Just goes to show how tired we must be!

Chest infection NG?...hmmm...not nice at all-you must feel exhausted with it?

Have a great day everyone
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Lots of sploshy stuff here too!
                Quite pleased really...good for the veg eh?
                Good for my lawn as well its the first time this season its been green
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, suns up! Yesterday was absolutely unbelievable weatherwise, it poured all day...much like a winters day, it was miserable. Just looking at the weather for the weekend, up here in the chilly North we have to be hit on Sunday by the remenants of hurricane Gert. Down South are to bask in 27 degrees. Think I may pay a visit on Sunday/Monday.
                  Supermarket today and then perhaps a tidy up of the garage. Boiler is due an annual service sometime later this month would help if the engineer could get to it!
                  Hope you all have a lovely day. Pass on a smile for rary.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Morning All. Glad you're getting a bit of sun at last Jay, it's not before time. Raining here too.
                    Last edited by Mr Bones; 17-08-2017, 08:03 AM.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Sunny just now, but we've had a lot of rain overnight, the rivers are up 2 feet and rising, which will bring some Salmon and Sea trout up.

Comment

• Wet here last night and some showers this morning, very Winter like again, bring back the sun!
                        sigpic
                        . .......Man Vs Slug
                        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning sll. We have the sun today.
                          Going to the library to pick up a book I ordered in so that will be my walk for the day.
                          Might pickle some chillis this afternoon as they are ripening rapidly now.
                          Wallflowers are well up and need weeding so thats snother job for today.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• OK, I've got the sun, you guys have got the rain. Maybe we could meet halfway and swap.

Jolly, jolly this morning. Mr Snoop is fixing up batteries for the solar pump so it'll run 24 V and pump out a fairly decent flow of water. I've been watering old style (watering can filled from barrels and hauled up and down the beds) and pacing out my new plan for the main veg patch. It all fits! Which is great news. A grand plan that will at last work! It'll save my arms and legs no end. The other day I walked six miles, most of it doing the gardening and watering.

Hope you all have a jolly day too.

Comment

• ^^^^ how exciting!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Yes!

I was given the privilege of inaugurating it all, but Mr Snoop has now taken over as I've got a deadline for work. We'll just run off hose for the rest of this season while I plan the full drip and soaker sytem for next year.

So far, so good!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X