This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Sunnyday
    Sending a ((( cwtch))) to Sally and her Auntie xx Thinking of you both.
    NVG hope you feel better soon - a good dose of allotment air will do you good. Remember the old chest/TB hospitals - where they would push the patients, in their beds, out into the fresh air to clear their lungs. If they were lucky, they survived long enough to be pushed back inside before dusk.
    I've almost finished washing all the clothes and bedding I brought back from the cottage - its like having a whole new wardrobe of clothes to wear!
    This'll make you laugh! I was emptying cupboards down there and found an iron lurking at the back - so I shut the door and left it for the buyer. Not sure he'll have much use for it either!
    Must go, I have nettles to clear. Have a luvly day whateffer.

Comment

• Morning all and a lovely morning it is too. Am sitting by the kitchen window looking out on a sunny garden and on my second cuppa. Kettles just boiled if anyone else wants one. Love to Sally and her Aunty, I had same 3 years ago leaving only one of that generation left in our family. Hope Harry dog is ok.

Trying to decide what to tackle first, painting bedroom window frames or laying slab for new toolshed and log store, both fair weather jobs. Sitting here isn't very constructive. Laters.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning!
        Cor blimey....I seem to have overslept!

Have a great day y'all
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. Nice day so far.
          Thinking of you today Nannysally, such a hard thing to say goodbye.
          Jay, youre really going through the mill with Harry dog. Hope his health improves.
          V.C, I can just imagine you banging the press shut when you saw the iron, who needs it.
          Have a good day all and stay safe.
          My daughter, grandaughter and son in law flew home from holiday last night and said the airport was chaotic. Its no fun travelling any more.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I decided to have a batch cooking day. My kitchen now looks like a bomb has hit it and most of the mess is packaging. However, I bought a stick blender from Ald1 a few weeks ago and this is the first time I've used it. What a wonderful invention. I've used a bog standard blender for years which always leaked all over the machine and the work surfaces and had to be done in small amounts. All blended in the pan in a couple of minutes. Oh, and the pan came from the same shop.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Rary, if you're there, let us know you're OK. Couldn't help but think of you as I shelled out for the hosepipe!
              I reckon his Mrs has seen his posts on here and he's still recovering in hospital from a brolly bashing sesh!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening all. Well I did manage to get to the allotment. Moved two raised beds and replanted them up and then dug a big trench for my new asparagus plants to go in. That's all I could do as I was so tired and out of breath afterwards. Came back and saw VC's post about TB patients. It did make me smile.
                So this afternoon I ended up going hardware shopping for my dad. Nothing major just a new door handles and fittings to go with them.
                Just managed to get home before it started raining. Looks as if its set in for the night. So planting my plant tomorrow could be a no go.
                Have a good evening everyone
                sigpic

Comment

• Evening all, made it back home about 6.30 ish from our day out
                  It was so very sad, I had to wait for a lucid moment and I told her that I was saying goodbye forever. Lots of hand squeezing and tears. Then she says 'but I'm not gone yet'
                  She looked in rude health today as well
                  Anyway glad we went, my sister went last night as well
                  Back to normal tomorrow, work and washing.
                  Do we need to report Rary lost in action do you think. I do miss his posts
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    Got niothing done today. It started raining at 1.o'clock and hasnt stopped since.
                    A cold and miserable day.
                    Hope others had better weather.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Cloudy here. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Happy Monday one and all. Hammered it down last night so should have put a decent amount back in the barrels. You getting the kettle on Flo?
                        Enjoy your day
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning. Cold and damp here, bit like an autumn day here so far. Hopefully the rain will lift and the sun will come.
                          Kettle is on here Mr Bones.
                          Have a good day everyone.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Morning, I'm on my second cuppa, woke up quite early to the sound of rain.
                            It must have been quite heavy, there is a carpet of oleander flowers outside the back door.
                            And it's quite nippy out as well.
                            Have a lovely day folks
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning its dry and dull here no real plans today apart from picking and freezing fruit and veg.
                              Have a good day
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, gave up trying to get on to the Vine yesterday...would only load half a page for some reason. Anyhoo, hope you are all well. Thinking of you NS and your wee Auntie.
                                Well Harry dog seems to have decided it's not his time to go yet. He has rallied again and although he sleeps a lot he is more or less back to his old self. I have no idea what's going on.
                                Went to buy a new mattress yesterday...have you any idea how much mattresses are these days? As the girl in the store said it's a grudge buy and I certainly grudged parting with all that cash...and I'm not called rary either! Also why does it take 2 ½ weeks to deliver it?
                                Talking of rary, I do miss his posts. Did he not say he wasn't feeling very well the last time he was on? Hope all is well and he's just off on holiday or something.
                                Anyhoo, hope you all have a great day and the sun shines for you. Here's a rary smile to pass on to you all.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X