X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evenin n'all
    Not long until the Bank Holiday!

Not got much done here at all.
    Most of the day spent in hospital but happy to say OH is back home and in a lot less pain.( Phew!)... and clearly back on the mend.

Really need to apply myself to picking and preserving this week...can hardly believe it's nearly September!

Rary....my 'smiles for the day' went to the consultant, two nurses, and a friend who has just has just had prostrate surgery.
    See....there's always someone, somewhere worse off than you eh?

My other happy news is that a chick we thought might be a male laid her first egg today!...yippeee!
    See you all in the morrow!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Boo!

Oh?..tis me again...looks like I'm chatting to myself again
      Anyway.....

Mornin n'alln'all

Woken to the sound of an owl, a fox barking and a blackbird singing it's heart out. Oh...and Floki our cockerel welcoming in the day.
      Excellant start to the day...going to be a good one today
      Have a gud'un yrselves peeps...see ya later!

Comment

• Good Morning Nicos'n'All Red sky this morning, not a good sign. Long weekend for me yay. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. Well the trip to Chester was a roaring success. MY mom and Hannah didn't get back home until 9pm. Both very tired but had a great time. They are doing a trip to London in the October half term to do the Natural History Museum. So Hannah is now buzzing about that now.
          Taking the kids over to their dads this morning then I'm filling out yet another application form. A bit technical this application. Got to print it out, fill it in then scan it back in and then email it back. Going to be a all day job this one I think as my dads printer does have a mind of its own.
          Kettle is on if anyone would like a cuppa
          Have a good day everyone
          sigpic

Comment

• Morning everyone
            There is a hope of a nice ish day here today, well, no rain that is
            Cue washing machine
            Had a lovely afternoon with the family, GG has grown again and is now officially taller than her Nan
            Plenty of tomatoes were picked and eaten by everyone
            Corn and runner beans were taken home by our Daughter, and the spuds and sausages to make their evening meal. All prepared as well. Only a Mother ....
            Red sticker Alert
            B M have a sale in their gardening section. We bought boxes of grass seed for 10p, miracle grow liquid feed for 99p
            Lightbulb style lights 10p each and BARGAIN OF THE DAY a bamboo fence of the large variety reduced from £14.99 to 10p!!
            I have forgotten a lot I think. Needless to say the fence was for our Daughter.
            Sorry for the long post, enjoy your day folks
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning All, another day of drawing and reports for me, I was at it (working that is) until about 8:30 last night.... Have a good one whatever you are up to today.
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning all, feeling a bit bleugh this morning so just popping in to say hello,and wish you all a lovely day. Glad Han had a great day NVG...what did Will get up too, did he manage to choose something to do?
                sigpic

Comment

• Good morning ll. Lovely sunny morning here.
                  Off to Belfast for the day with our friends.
                  Have a good day all.

Jay, know the feeling but hope your mood lifts later.
                  Treat yourself.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Cor blimey!
                    Having spent the last 3days with my OH's hospital visits , my friend has asked me to go and collect her post op sometime after 2pm .
                    That's what they said about my OH and he wasn't discharged until 7.30!

Looks like another afternoon ahead of reading and sitting on uncomfortable chairs!
                    Fingers crossed she's ready and waiting when I get there!

Good job it's free parking eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Good job it's free parking eh?
                      Ok! You rubbing it in that us lot in Blighty have to pay (a lot) to visit hospital?

Good morning all. Looks as if the weather is going to be reasonable this weekend. Goody. I'm going to our towns cinema in the park tomorrow. Was supposed to be showing Mamma Mia! But couldn't get a licence in time so we're showing Dirty Dancing instead.

Also have White Horse Show over the weekend. Haven't been for a couple of years so I'm going this time. Trying to decide whether to take the dogs with me. They usually offer helicopter rides and I haven't been able to take one yet. Last time was because they cancelled them due to bad weather. Can't go if the pooches are with me.

Tea break over. Have a lovely day all.
                      My son and his girlfriend have said they'll come with me to both events but I won't hold my breath! My daughter usually comes to WHS with me but she's going to a festival instead.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good morning all,and what a nice sunny 1 it is to,Nicos did not realize MR was in hospital,glad he's home,all the best to you both,i understood he was not well,thats all,please your children are having a buzzy time NVG,am glad you clarifed that point Cad .
                        Tea coffee and what ever you wish,plus cake,help yourselfes,it's 50 years today,himself keeps thinking back over the years,where he has been working,got his priorities right eh,a week on sunday to party day,had 2 nice suprises so far,my fairy came with the boys,roses, and cards made by the boys awe,then a flower delivery for us,from my sister and hubby,got some peeps comming for tea/coffee and cake this afternoon,.I am especially happy,as last year thought we might not see it ,have a good day all.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Congratulations Lottie - enjoy every second of your celebrations, today and next weekend!

*Waves* to everyone else - hope everyone is well and behaving!

Comment

• Congratulations Lottie, like Vixy said enjoy this time. Good evening, was a dry dull day today, still feels a bit clammy, and now have raine haven't done much today but dont know where the day went, went to a coffee morning this morning then up to see our son, squeezed lunch in between those, left OH with my boy and went to our daughters and took her dog a walk, then back to Sons to collect OH, then home and washed the car, then back to daughters for the boys coming home from school, as OH was with me for that I went back home to polish the car was just finishing that when the rain started, once SiL came home OH decided we would have fish suppers for tea, but she had forgot her purse, (she better not make a habit of that) so I paid never mind I am sure I will manage to recoup the loss (with interest)
                            Janie, we don't pay for hospital parking in Scotland, and I think its just greed, making people pay for visiting hospitals, I better stop with that as I could finish up even angrier at the thought.
                            Friday tomorrow, then the weekend, so enjoy the weekend and for those on holiday on Monday do something good with the extra day, and spare a thought for us Folks that dont get the holiday, pass on a smile and keep safe. Goodnight
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• We still pay for car park at Ninewells in Dundee rary

Comment

• Sorry to hear that burnie, I just think its a disgrace charging folks for parking when visiting a hospital.
                                A question I hope someone will answer for me, what's the rule about children's age and height in regards to booster seats, one of my grandsons has went in the huff with me because I make him sit in a booster seat in the car, his older cousin doesn't use one, so the younger one thinks he should be the same, by the way his older cousin is six feet tall
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X