Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening,not much garden work done today, had to go shopping this morning, and of course OH had to take me for coffee, intended to get some gardening done, but got a phone call and had to go and collect one of the grandsons from school, I was told that he was the sixth pupil to be taken home, so there must be a bug doing the rounds so possible an other three to collect, did get into the greenhouse this evening and I decided to remove some of the tomato plants there were a number of green tomatoes so decided as I have a number of apples in the garden I will make some chutney so they are all in the house to get made into chutney to discover we have no jars, "we" decided that they were not needed when the kitchen was remitted (some how I missed taking part in that decision) now I need to find a way to store so bag of tomatoes. Well it's nice to see AP. back, and I can feel a "I told you so) coming from a certain quarter, mind you she might have other concerns with laptops etc. so welcome back Aberdeenplotter and Bal. Oh and NS its nice to see you accept the blame for placing containers in the wrong place Well bedtime now as we have the grandsons down early tomorrow and I need to get my beauty sleep, so pass on a smile. Goodnight
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Was just thinking the same. Hadn't seen any posts from him whilst I was catching up .
      Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Good morning everyone. Bit of a shock to find myself the first one here. No tidying required (unlike my kitchen), so I'll just put the kettle on and make a big pot of tea in readiness for you all.

All good here. Mad day yesterday. More of the same today. Friends from the UK told us they'd be visiting at the end of the month. Turns out they're arriving this afternoon. How do you fit in a full day's work, a morning's watering and hours of tidying in before 4 pm? No idea. I think there will be a lot of shoving stuff into a box room and closing the door...

Hope you all have a good day.

Comment

• Work backwards Snoop Good Morning All Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Work Faster Snoop Use the power of the MOM - Good Morning All Be careful out there
            Last edited by Cadalot; 06-09-2017, 05:59 AM.
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning all, grey and dull at the moment
              Never mind, we will be off to Las Vegas next weekend, and it's very warm there
              A day off today, bit of shopping and house chores for me
              Have a lovely day folks
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                Friends from the UK told us they'd be visiting at the end of the month. Turns out they're arriving this afternoon. How do you fit in a full day's work, a morning's watering and hours of tidying in before 4 pm? No idea. I think there will be a lot of shoving stuff into a box room and closing the door...
                Snoop do the watering and your work by then your visitors will have arrived and they can help tidy
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• All good advice, guys. Mr Snoop is already tearing his hair out! We live in what is effectively a tip.He's a hoarder-gatherer. A disastrous combination.

Comment

• Morning All! There's a hint of sunshine dappling the ground - and a thousand apples appling the ground.
                    Don't panic, MoM, your friends are coming to see you. Real friends don't see clutter, only you That's what I tell myself anyway - and, if they don't iike the way I live, they needn't come back
                    Speaking of clutter, I've been reading a book about The Art of Simplicity - written I think by a French lady who lived in Japan. She has some crazy ideas - like "all your personal possessions (including clothes) should fit in one suitcase". and, - when you leave a room there should be no trace of you left behind, just a chair, table and ...........actually, I don't think there was anything much else.
                    The final straw was her advice that your handbag should only contain money, lipstick and summat else that I've already forgotten. I mean, Lipstick!!!
                    Anyway, the book has joined the heap of other part read books beside the bed
                    Have a luvly day everyone

Comment

• Well it looks like a nice sunny day, but will it last? cold start though after a glorious moon last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Speaking of clutter, I've been reading a book about The Art of Simplicity - written I think by a French lady who lived in Japan. She has some crazy ideas - like "all your personal possessions (including clothes) should fit in one suitcase". and, - when you leave a room there should be no trace of you left behind, just a chair, table and ...........actually, I don't think there was anything much else.
                        The final straw was her advice that your handbag should only contain money, lipstick and summat else that I've already forgotten. I mean, Lipstick!!!
                        Morning all. Was the book "the life-changing magic of tidying" by Marie Kondo? If so my daughter gave me a copy for Cxxxxxmas a couple of years ago. I got to page 79 and was so fed up with her boasting about "tidying up" her family and friends despite the fact that they didn't like it, I stopped reading. I don't know if she ever gets round to some useful advice.
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Not that one but https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lart-Simpli...rb_top?ie=UTF8
                          She also says that all your clothes and furnishings should be black, grey, beige or white - how miserable is that; and you must buy the best of everything as it lasts longer. Even if I did, I could still turn it into clutter

Comment

• Good morning all,not a bad day here,nice to see peeps returnes,have a good day and LAUGH
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all. The both kids are back at school Shame its raining here now.
                              Have been in town and got Hans presents just need to get her card and gift wrap. Tomorrows job I think.
                              Have a good morning everyone
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                Morning All! There's a hint of sunshine dappling the ground - and a thousand apples appling the ground.
                                Don't panic, MoM, your friends are coming to see you. Real friends don't see clutter, only you That's what I tell myself anyway - and, if they don't iike the way I live, they needn't come back
                                Have a luvly day everyone
                                I thought you were going all poetic at the start VC, and your advice to Snoop is good, I take it the book you were reading is an old one, as a poly bag holds what I have, and the lipstick suggestion is good, how else could you write a request for help so that people can read it as the walk past you sitting on the ground begging
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X