Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Mr Bones'n'All Fine here and Room Service just arrived. Early start for a Sunday. I've bought a stand mixer to be delivered today - never had one before so looking forward to it. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, it feels like autumn out especially with the leaves dropping.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning. Really cold and murky here. Got to go shopping for Hans weekly bus pass and some trousers for Will then I think I will stop in and keep warm.
        Have a good day everyone
        sigpic

Comment

• Morning All

Misty and grey here but still nice to be home...another trip to the plots today for another round of weeding

Have a good Sunday all

Comment

• Happy Sunnyday
            Last night's rain has passed and the washing's on. I picked up my new little car yesterday so I have a lot of gadgets to play with. I'd had the last one for 9 years so things have moved on a bit since then - although I seem to have regressed.
            The salesman asked if my mobile phone had Bluetooth! Thought I'd gone to the dentists by mistake. I really didn't have a clue, so I rummaged around in the bottom of my bag and pulled out this antiquated phone that Scarlet will remember Amazingly, it has a Bluetooth and within seconds the man in the suit had "paired" it to the "radio". (It does other things with maps but most of the time I know where I'm going, so I just need it for music).
            Anyway, I set off for home in this new car and halfway there there's this really loud BEEEEEEEEPPPPP. Followed by another BEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPP. A Police car raced past on the opposite side of the road, blue lights flashing, and I thought something awful had happened nearby. I kept on driving ........BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEPPPP. Do I pull over and look at the handbook, return to the dealer, or carry on to home? Home won, so I drove on very cautiously there were no more beeps until I came to the road works near home .....BBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP.
            Shaking a bit, I reached home, put the kettle on and had a google. THos of you who understand new fangled technology will have realised that the BEEEPs were speed camera or summat warnings Silly me, thinking that the car was falling apart.

Hope I haven't bored you - typing this has whiled away my time until the washing machine finished churning!
            Have a great day - hope the sun shines on you all.

Comment

• Cool and breezy, but I can see odd bits of blue sky, spent a bit of time in the greenhouse yesterday, a couple more of the tommies in plant pots finished, but still flowers on some of the ones in the borders and still plenty of tommies ripening. I have now disconnected all the autovents and clamped the roof windows shut, I can open the side louvres if needed, but up here I doubt I will need to now. As space is made, more potted stuff now coming in from the garden, Dahlias and Fushias all pretty much under glass now.

Comment

• Morning all,not bad outside,hope for more plot works later,VC that was so funny,i recone you and Lumpy could write a book on "happenings that make you laugh" ,as for blue tooth,i know off the name but that's it,good luck with your new friend ,have a good day all and look after yourselves.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Cold again last night. But the woodburning range was a total winner. Forgotten how good it was as an oven. Probably a hundred years old, no window to the oven part, no thermometer, just stick your hand in to test to see if you think it's hot enough. Better by far than any gas or electric oven I've ever lived with for cooking roast pork, that's for sure.

So, today is bright and gardening calls. Will dig up the last of the potatoes and hope the snails and slugs haven't done too much damage. Or I would if a big, floloppy dog didn't want to rest his head in my lap and have an ear tickle.

Hope you all have a good day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    A lovely sunshiney day here with no rain forecast.
                    Today is the all Ireland football final
                    Fierce rivalry between these two teams, Dublin and Mayo.
                    Dublin trying to make it three in a row and Mayo determined to win this time.
                    Off to Croke Park with my son and grandaughter.
                    This promises to be the match of all matches.
                    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, turned out a nice day here and after church I decided to get on with clearing the raised bed, one bag filled so enough room to place the first permanent bag, its more than half full and l
                      Last edited by rary; 17-09-2017, 07:37 PM.
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                        Good evening, turned out a loc day here and after church I decided to get on with clearing the raised bed, one bag filled so enough room to place the first permanent bag, its more than half full and l
                        ..........fell in it and couldn't get out
                        ......... its too heavy for old rary to move
                        ..........am going to store my gold sovereigns in it

Which one is the right ending, rary?

Comment

• Very good VC thanks for the suggested finishes I really liked those, they put a smile on my face
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• good evening, sorry for not finishing a previous post, I pressed post rather than cancel, but as my tea was ready the Vine comes second to that, and contrary to VCs suggested finishes I was going to say that now I am about quarter the way through it, so I can see me having to buy an other couple of bags, I have also found a couple of worms, which I am pleased about, I was back out after tea I have a lot of crocosmia in the flower bed so I pulled out a lot of the leaves and put them into the bag along with a load of hanging basket material I got from a neighbour which I broke up a bit then covered about six ins. of soil to fill the bag, sitting looking out at the back garden yesterday, I said to OH that I was thinking about clearing the flower bed and planting it up with annuals next year, today I was told just clear the lot and buy some bedding plants next year, when will I learn to keep my thoughts to my self Well after the work I have done today I feel quite tired, which reminds me of an other take an old saying, it takes me all day to do what I did all day, so start of a new week, be careful its better to read about the statistics thanto be one, pass on a smile, doing so might cheer you up Goodnight

Comment

• Good Morning All Feels a bit chilly today. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and All, bit nippy here too but bright with plenty of blue bits. Good start to the week, not like my boiler that's tripped out again... should never have had it put up in the loft, seemed like a good idea at the time (space saving) but it's a noisy pain to get up there.
                                Have a good one
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X