Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning another autumn start to the day, I'll be mostly indoors baking and juicing apples today.

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    . Early start for a Sunday. I've bought a stand mixer to be delivered today - never had one before so looking forward to it. Have a good day
    Flo I'm being nosy here how did you get on with your new mixer and what did you bake ?
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Flo I'm being nosy here how did you get on with your new mixer and what did you bake ?
      Yes, I want to know too!

Overcast and chilly here this morning. No rain forecast, sadly.

Paid drudgery calls for a few hours, then gardening time! Hooray. Had an unproductive weekend, so looking forward to getting some stuff done today. I've got two volunteer helpers (Mr Snoop and a friend), so should get a fair bit done.

Have a good day everyone.

Comment

• Dull and cool here but dry, not planning on doing much as my flippin' legs still ache from my mountaineering on Friday lol, really must do a little more often, rather than brutal every once in a blue moon.

Comment

• Morning, dull and damp here, it was cold during the night though! Hope you all had a lovely weekend.
          Spent yesterday making chutney and cooking apples to freeze for apple crumbles! Autumn is here!
          Last edited by Jay22; 18-09-2017, 08:27 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. Sunny but a little on the cool side.
            Domestics today.
            Grandaughter coming in after school and son and partner coming for dinner.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon have had a busy day today, as after I had taken the dog a walk I was out in the garden (as I noticed that OH had the carpet cleaner out), I have removed a lot crocosmia Lucifer which I put through the shredder along with branches from a red oak tree I have filled a 100Lt. bag with the shredding if I had put them into the recycle bin I would have to have tied some up, I had to stop as I needed to watch the boy's when they came home from school, but intend to get back out later while it is dry, tea time now need to go
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening I have finally cleared my raised bed and ready to position the next bag, that's the full day I have been in the garden and I am feeling shattered, I need to remember that I shouldn't try to do as much as I did in the past, and remember my age (yes I know VC Im almost the same age as you) perhaps I would have been better to have cleaned the carpet this morning I wonder if my wife will help me relax a bit never mind if its dry tomorrow I will hopefully get the next bag placed and filled, I would have got it started this evening but it got dark quite early, not be long till the nights draw in. Time to go and have a read, keep safe and give someone a helping hand (I could send you my address if you want) and pass on a smile Goodnight
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good Morning All Chilly again and so dark. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Bren and Snoop - it's still in the box!
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning everyone, 5.9 degrees and clear blues, well yellowy glow where the sun's coming up, nice and bright anyway. Was filling the lotty compost heaps yesterday by clearing lots of excess growth. They're piling high but soon go down. Probably do a bit more today.
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning All

Watery looking sun peeping through the clouds this morning, definitely an autumnal feel about the morning.

Spider webs look amazing though. Off to find a new microwave this morning and fingers crossed I will be allowed out to play later.

Have a good Tuesday all

Comment

• Finished planting out my calçot bulbs yesterday. Looking good for a bumper harvest in March or thereabouts. Today's job is pull out anything that looks like it's well and truly finished (courgettes, melons and squash and some of the pepper plants). Some of the tom plants have succumbed, but others are still hanging on.

That and a bit of paid drudgery should see me right for the day. Wish us luck: Mr Snoop's car has its Spanish equivalent of the MOT today.

Have a good day everyone.

Oh, and Rary, I've decided to like every one of your repeated posts, just in case the mods delete the wrong one!

Comment

• Morning its been our coolest overnight GH temp only 6.3c its not much warmer now. soon be time to put the electric blanket on the bed.
                            GL the spiders webs are the best things about autumn mornings.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Snoop trying to increase my posts, and as mine are usually quite long a double post should help
                              Last edited by rary; 19-09-2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Should have added that I was out walking the dog and my knees are very sore so possibly no garden work today

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X