Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, just back in after a walk with the dog and its a lovely autumn evening, mild with an earthy smell in the air, actually nicer now than it has been all day, though I did manage to get my second rubble bag filled after placing some weed membrane under and around it hoping this will keep the tree roots out and protect the bag from degradation from the sunlight, we were out earlier at a GC for lunch, and already they have decorations up, not even October and we are faced with this, far too early, it causes nothing but stress and anxiety, wondering what OH will buy me, and will I like it oh and of-course will there still be something left for me to buy OH in the last week(day) or so, and will it be cheap. will be quite busy tomorrow as my oldest grandson has asked me if I could take him to a football match, then go back for him, as its a charity game I am willing to do that, so that will be my time fixed for tomorrow, Now going to sit and read for a short time, and have to ask before I go, LD were you referring to FF telling Nicos to wear a hat I have also decided not to say anything naughty to Nicos

Well not on this post anyway So try and show a little kindness and pass on a smile
    Goodnight
    Last edited by rary; 24-09-2017, 12:21 AM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Daughter no longer on a Sunday morning shift and can keep an eye on Mr C and I get some Allotment Therapy time as soon as it gets light this morning

By the way morning all
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Mornin Cadn'all n'all

Guests arriving within the hour.....normally it's not til 4pm onwards but they need somewhere to leave their bags for the day.
        Bit early I know, but once I've passed on the keys and explained a few things, the whole day will be our own....no hanging around waiting...yippee!
        Vide grenier again first of all -to hunt down the elusive red beads...then hopefully the rest of the day gardening

Have a good 'un peeps...
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All. Misty moisty here, has the makings of a lovely autumnal morning.
          Enjoy your day folks
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good Morning All Tea on its way. Bright start and quite warm. I was working in the garden all day yesterday so I'm aching all over but I can see the difference. It might have to be an indoors day today. I might even open the box Have a lovely Sunday
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. Looks nice and bright here this morning. Got two lots of washing out so far and a third will be going on once everyone is up.
              Don't know what my plans are today. My dad has been poorly with a serious water/kidney infection. Been on some very strong tablets that have knocked him back a bit. He spent most of yesterday in bed. He has been up for a drink and breakfast and has now gone back to bed for a bit. He did say he was going to get up and potter about a bit today.
              Have a good day everyone
              sigpic

Comment

• Morning its sunny so I'll be out and about making the most of it
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning. And a special greeting to FF. Good luck with that box!

No gardening to speak of today. Rush paid drudgery followed by late lunch with friends. So late it might even be considered afternoon tea except it will involve beef and not in sandwiches. Hope I don't get the hiccups like the last time I had beef there... A huge embarrassment. And before anyone asks, yes, they were that bad. So bad I went to see the emergency doctor!

Have a good day, one and all, especially Cadalot.

Comment

• Good morning, raining here so no chance of getting anything done in the garden, nice to see BM back and I can feel a "I told you so" coming from a certain young chic. Enjoy the day and keep safe
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good morning all. A besutiful mild morning here.
                      Looking out at the trees in all their sutumn colours is truly spactacular, isnt nature wonderful.
                      Not doing anything today.
                      My week has been very busy and yesterday even more so with a very late night thrown in.
                      Our local sporting club put on their own version of Strictly Come Dancing to raise funds so of course we all turned out to support it.Great night but ran very late.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all

Gorgeous sunny day. Hope we get many more of those.

Been a very busy and stressful year but gardening is proving to be the absolute best therapy. Nothing better than enjoying some sun and a bit of hard work to take your mind off things.

Happy to see that BM is back. Good news.

I keep forgetting to press the remember me button and then get signed out of here which is rather dumb. I then struggle to remember my password. Hopefully I shall stay logged in now for a while

I think a lot has changed with mods and things ? but happy to see many familiar faces nonetheless.
                        LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Had a mild but overcast day, 15 degrees minimum overnight in the greenhouse, so tommies still ok. I moved a pot of Carnations in there for the winter and they've started flowering again, smells lovely.

Comment

• Chucked it down all day - luckily got my water collection system sorted out yesterday in the sunshine - full to the brim now. One barrel down though as the torrents proved my suspicion that the barrel had a crack in its bottom (don't we all)
                            Dried up a bit now but I'm "in charge" of roast dinner so that's it for me till next weekend.
                            Last edited by Baldy; 24-09-2017, 04:07 PM.
                            sigpic
                            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• good afternoon, a wet miserable day the charity football match I was taking my grandson to was canceled as the ground is waterlogged, if the rain stops I will take the dog a walk, if not she is going out the back door A warm welcome back to you also Marie, and even without the sun and hard work gardening is good therapy, and again I can feel the pressure building for a "I told you so" even though she is one of those women who are usually right, she is still nice to know

Comment

• An absolutely beautiful day washad here. Unbelievably the temp got up to 19deg.
                                Sat in the sun, read the pspers and daughter visited this afternoon.
                                Now taking the night ofv and ordering a take away.
                                Normal duties will resume tomorrow.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...