Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All - its a bit wet here too, Baldy, but I'm sure the sun will shine through soon
    Did you know that Devon folk have webbed toes? That's what a podiatrist told me when he checked out my feet. Before you ask, they're not all webbed like a duck's 'cos if they were I would have called myself Veggie Duck and you'd call me VD ..........and I do have lots of Devon ancestry.
    Anyway, have a luvly day everyone, indoors or out

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Breezy and dull here but at least its dry.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning Troops, overcast here, I've been going through the seed boxes again this morning and actually discarding some very out of date seeds, I'm cataloguing everything on the In My Seed Box thread on my diary, much better than a word document and lets me muse what I may actually do in 2018 Alans Allotment: In My Seed Box

There are more than are currently published, but that just lets me scheduled blog content and have time to find the missing packets of seeds I know are somewhere in the 3 boxes but I have not found them yet. Plus I have a few free seeds to add to the collection coming from Marshalls to try next year.

Don't you just love it when seed companies engage with Bloggers
        Last edited by Cadalot; 07-10-2017, 10:12 AM.
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Call me a sceptic but do bloggers give poor reviews of free products? Just wondering

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Call me a sceptic but do bloggers give poor reviews of free products? Just wondering
            I'm happy to trial any product or seeds as long as the company supplying it are aware that I will give an honest opinion that is not clouded by the fact that the product was provided free of charge.

I recently ran a trial of SoilFixers SF60 and got poor results for the 5% and 10% but exceptional results for the 20% addition by volume, I will be re running the experiment again this year to see if it was a blip or if there is some kind of consistency. Would I buy the product? I don't know the jury is still out, I want to play with it and test a while more and work out the investment merit before I come to a conclusion on that one.

Alans Allotment: Rotary Soil Sieve Neither product provided free or at a discount, but I took exception to the various prices this was being sold at and the price hike and added vat for shipping to the main land from Wales, which is crazy when I can buy the same thing painted a different colour and have it shipped from Germany and it's significantly cheaper.

And I can't think why Thompson & Morgan have not sent me anything to trial Alans Allotment: T&M All Season Sprouts and Cabbages
            Last edited by Cadalot; 07-10-2017, 11:10 AM.
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Thanks Cad Glad to know that honesty rules
              Don't think T&M will ever give me anything to review either.

Comment

• Turns out the BBQ wasn't too bad - we had about 15 turn up once the rain dried up. Of course I was the first one there from the committee when it was still piddling down. Next person to turn up was a lovely old boy who had brought his sausages and rolls and said "well, it might be F****** raining but you av to av yer F****** lunch" - so I had to get the BBQ out... (He's very traditional and won't swear in front of ladies, but otherwise he doesn't use the word "very" when he can use a different one (usually but not always beginning with F))
                Did the plot inspection too and no-one is getting a letter this time (happy days) and I got home in a fit state so for once don't appear to be in the dog house with Mrs Balders
                sigpic
                1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Cadalot - Has Wales separated from England over the weekend? Your reference to shipping to the mainland from Wales has me puzzled.

Comment

• Had me puzzled too, boatsman I wondered whether Offa's Dyke had been flooded and Wales was now an island!

Comment

• ^^^ one can only wi

nah, won't "go there"
                      sigpic
                      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• ..........widdle?

Wine - yes please!!

Comment

• Evening all. Well bee keeping meeting was a bit of a bust. I left in plenty of time, satnav tried to send me half way to Birmingham, finally got there and couldn't find the place where they were meant to be. I asked at a garden centre place about where they could be and I got told I needed to talk to some guy but it was his day off. So after asking another couple of people I ended up just coming home.
                          So I am going to go to the allotment tomorrow and de stress.
                          Have a good evening everyone.
                          sigpic

Comment

• How frustrating for you NVG
                            Have you seen this? http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...fer_94986.html

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              How frustrating for you NVG
                              Have you seen this? http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...fer_94986.html
                              Yes I did thanks VC. I filled it in thanks.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hope you're chosen, NVG. You really deserve to be.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X