This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Very bright and breezy this morning with a mild 18deg.
    Off to the library to stock up for the weekend.
    Happy birthday to Mrs Cadalot and Mrs Greenleaves.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all,brightening up here,plot comming on nice now,Happy birthday's to MRS Cadalot &MRS Greenleaves,sounds like Aurora may still be asleep,i shall sent my good fairy round when she done here,Fat club hehehehe,that makes me laugh,i have to go on the DRS referal one hehehe,got to catch a person yet for when ext,apparently my BMI to high,and await results of the protien thing,i wish it would go down,i certainly felt better when lighter,or was it cos i was younger hehehe,the 13th is just a NO,have a good day and look after U selves.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all. It's shwmae day here, was up late making a Mrs Urdd dress for eldest and altering it this morning as had made it too tight. First time I've used the sewing machine in over a decade - amazingly it and myself weren't to rusty!

Any Welsh grapes remember Mr Urdd? Hadn't heard of him before - made the dress without the white cone head as thought it looked a bit to much like a certain American 'klan' outfit - not a good look

Quite pleased , dress looks lovely.
        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Shwmae everyone
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGfRkY8z08I

I don't remember Mr a Mrs Urdd but I do remember the eisteddfodau. Oddly, I can still remember the words of the Welsh poem that 6 of us had to recite together (cyd adrodd) on stage. It was about farm animals, how the lambs grew up to be sheep, the calves into cows and the little yellow chicks became hens - all done with suitable actions and silly voices. Still doing them
          One year our group came 3rd, I told my parents that we were 3rd and they were so pleased. Only later did I tell them we came 3rd of 3.

I've been potting up hyacinths (only 3) and I'm going to sow sweetpeas next. Both jobs I always forget to do and only remember in January when everyone has bowls of hyacinths except me!! Not this year - they'll not catch this old hen out!

Enjoy your Friday - apparently some people work on Fridays and look forward to the weekend and a couple of days off. You deserve it

Comment

• Well, back from shwmae day singalong at school. Eldest won best dressed competition so is very happy and I've earned myself some serious mummy points!!
            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Lost one and a half pounds this week. Happy days, 9lb altogether
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                Lost one and a half pounds this week. Happy days, 9lb altogether
                Well done you
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Had most of the day shopping in Aberdeen city centre(oh joy) nearly bought a new computer, but better wait till after Santa's emptied my wallet to see if I can afford one.

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                    Had most of the day shopping in Aberdeen city centre(oh joy) nearly bought a new computer, but better wait till after Santa's emptied my wallet to see if I can afford one.
                    I've just bought a new laptop running windows 10. I haven't bonded with it yet.

Comment

• HI there AP nice to you poped in,hope your well.

Comment

• Good evening, very mild but wet day today, and OH is not feeling too well though that could be from her having a bad chest infection and having to take high doses of steroids and a antibiotics, though I did manage to plant some elephant garlic along with a couple of regular garlic, and tomorrow I intend to take a number of geranium cuttings as I am planning for display of them next year, oh and pull the last of my tomatoes, I have never had tomatoes as late as this.
                        Well now I am off to dream of what will be, and hope my garden is something you all would want to see, with veg that are tasty and chemical free, and flowers you would appreciate, just like me, so pass on a smile and enjoy the day, help a stranger you never know from a helping hand, friendships can grow. Goodnight
                        Last edited by rary; 13-10-2017, 11:52 PM.
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning crew looks like I'm wearing the frock on the allotment this morning. I've talked my daughters partner into helping me move the infrastructure from my second allotment to my original allotment today and we are kicking off at 8:00.

Mrs C was having a great birthday surprise yesterday then fell over and hurt herself again! She defiantly needs a mobility scooter but getting her out to try one is proving more difficult than I imagined, the harder to fall from sitting down approach is now being used.

Have a good one people
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning All

Hope Mrs Cads is not too sore after her fall?

Greenhouse is currently reading 15.5 and there is a bit of brightness on the horizon....

Off to the plots soon

Have a scintillating Saturday every one

Comment

• Morning I've got a similar GH temp GL mine was an overnight low of 16c and it was 16.4 at 7-ish when I reset it.
                              Looks like being a good day to be out there
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning everyone, quite bright here with the threat of sun this afternoon
                                Lazy day approaching, hopefully working in the garden, not the house
                                Have a good day
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X