This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'alln'all

Just got back from taking one of the cars in for a service.
    Cool and damp here too ...Needed to wear a scalf!

Have a great day peeps
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning everyone
      Socks have been on a few days now
      Dull and yuk outside, and I'm not doing anything gardening wise today
      Off to our Daughters this afternoon, who is allegedly cooking tea tonight.
      Will take a photo of the winter tub she has done for our garden once we bring it home.
      Have a great day everyone
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning another autumn feel to the garden, I'm another sock wearer I much prefer to be bare footed indoors though.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Yes, its a bit colder alright.
          Temp 8deg right now but its bright and dry.
          Off out to the park for my walk and check to see if there is any dsmage sfter the big wind.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I'm another bare foot person!
            Still wandering about on cold, tiled floors...sort of striding from rug to rug when I can!!
            This is where the crocs come into their own...quick kick off at the first opportunity!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Happy Weednesday
              Its a bit nippy - 11C but its not Wetnesday or Windnesday!

Today's silly photo is

Click image for larger version

Name:	22448467_10155606738046970_6435560711989597337_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	2375400

Enjoy your day!

Comment

• Afternoon all. Drizzly but mild here. Went to a friends house this morning to prune her bay for her. Ended up staying for almost 3 hours chatting as she's hard to get away from! So now of the stuff in garden done that I'd planned...

Just got back from my run - on week 4 of the couch to 5 k nhs app. Going well, haven't really run much since cross country at school. Enjoyed today's run in the rain - must be weird as I prefer running in the rain to on a dry day
                Last edited by happyhumph; 18-10-2017, 01:40 PM.
                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                  Morning everyone
                  Socks have been on a few days now
                  Dull and yuk
                  If I try wearing socks for a second day, that what I get yuk, get those out the house.
                  When I did the hill walking I had to hide my walking socks as I didn't want them washed every time I had worn them
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
                    Afternoon all. Drizzly but mild here. Went to a friends house this morning to prune her bay for her. Ended up staying for almost 3 hours chatting as she's hard to get away from!

Is your friend VC by any chance,

Enjoyed today's run in the rain - must be weird as I prefer running in the rain to on a dry day
                    Well done with the run, and I prefer running in the rain, that way folk don't see how much I am out of condition and sweating as they would if it was dry
                    Last edited by rary; 18-10-2017, 04:23 PM.
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• I'd expect VC to prune her own bay!

I like running in the rain for broadly similar reasons - plus it cools you down as your going!
                      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Norty rary!!
                        I don't mind pruning my bay in the rain but I draw the line at running in the rain or dry.
                        The closest I come to runners is beans
                        It been an OK weather day - getting cold now though. I've brought my courgette and bean seeds into the kitchen to encourage them to grow.
                        Last edited by veggiechicken; 18-10-2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Norty rary!!
                          I don't mind pruning my bay in the rain but I draw the line at running in the rain or dry.
                          The closest I come to runners is beans
                          It been an OK weather day - getting cold now though. I've brought my courgette and bean seeds into the kitchen to encourage them to grow
                          I suppose once I reach the age you are now I will give up running as well, but I doubt that I will try growing runners over the winter as though a day is still 24hrs, daylight is less

Comment

• Evening all,i can join in with a rooted cutting,it's of the long gone side shoot of a cucumber plant,i have a glass with bits of things in and noticed roots,i doubt it will amount to anything,but it can have a chance,a few years ago i planted some dwarf beans in the glass house,they were fine,until the frost got em,and it is double glazed,if gardeners did not experiment,then we would NOT have the varieties now days,
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• With age, you can't "reach" backwards, rary! Maybe you still have some memory of what it was like to be young and active when you were my age.............or maybe you've lost that faculty too
                              I'm sorry, I should delete these comments - I understand that some old folk are very sensitive about their age and I wouldn't want to upset you.

Comment

• I would only be upset if they were true
                                Also looking at L.D. post I think she is backing you with your sowing things now, but she is right there have been many things discovered because of a mistake
                                I am now off to bed, enjoy tomorrow and pass on a smile Goodnight

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X