Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All No internet connection last night so shop will have to be done today. I was lost! Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'alln'all

Got lots of plant sorting for my seed and plant swap this Sunday. Need to make some cakes and biscuits soon too.
      Lets hope the weather behaves!!

Enjoy your shop Flo...do you firmly stand by your list, or add in a few extras?
      Yesterday I went to L!dl with about 8 things on my list and came back with a trolly full
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning Crew - looking out a pitch black since 5:30 when I got up, have I mentioned I hate the Winter months and that I'm solar powered and the sun makes me happy!
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning All

Still quite dark for 7.20 and very murky out.

I was thinking last night that there are very few crane flies around this year, not that I mind as I hate the things. I wonder if that's why our garden is almost devoid of spiders webs?

Enjoy Thursday All

Comment

• Morning it bit drab out but no rain or fog

Nicos I'm a shopping list person I stick to it unless there's something good in the reduced section.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning everyone, cool in the garden this morning
              Went out to check on the condition of the new tub our daughter made up for us
              It had an accident in transit and had upended in the boot
              Anyway, looking ok this morning. Lost a teensy black grass plant under there somewhere and the bark that was on top is now anywhere but
              I will post a picture of the before tub for you later on
              Have a great day, still dieting, still working, still gardening
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all,rain here,my get up and go seem to have gone,i blame the season,am going into hibernation mode hehehe,and i know others are the same,have a good day and B good 2 yourselves.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening just the back of five and getting dull and wet here, had A very good day today went to Keswick where we bought some out door stuff for grandsons, which will go past till December, while walking through the town looking at the market stalls, I went to step into a stall to have a look at some thing when an older woman at a guess about VC age, or maybe a bit younger stepped in also, so stepping back I told her age before beauty to which she replied thank you, then it dawned on her what I had said and said, if it wasn't for the fact it was true she would have warmed my ear to which we both had a laugh, so it's nice to see their are still people with a sense of humour, then drove over Honister Pass and again nice to see some folk still have good manners, while others just drive past without acknowledging if some one has pulled in to let the pass
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• It rained yesterday! Not much. Maybe 10 litres (millilitres) per square metre. Two miles away there were fires caused by lightning bolts. Five miles away, closer to the mountains, they had 100 litres per square metre, nearly half of it in half an hour. So severe flooding and quite a bit of destruction.

There's been some conversation about where the aquifer that feeds our well starts. Even the forestry agent said it could be from as far away as the mountains maybe 15 miles away, which would account for why we have a plentiful supply while other nearby wells run dry. If that's the case, we could be in luck after all the rain in the mountains and the well level might start to rise. Might even get my spinach and winter lettuce seeds out and buy in some overwintering onion seedlings too.

It's raining a little bit now too... I'm smiling now. Even the cabbages and caulis are looking happy.

Hope you all have a lovely evening.

Comment

• It was a miserable day here weatherwise.
                      It started out dull and windy and progressed to dull, wet and windy,
                      Its also getting dark so early now.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all!
                        Just bobbing in.
                        Happy to say that the results for the VVS are nearly ready....lots been going on behind the scenes....
                        If not announced tomorrow , then it should be Monday .
                        It's been brill going through all the entries....most of you put me to shame!...well done every one!
                        See ya later....

Comment

• Evening, well the day started of good then it started raining and didn't stop all day. I didn't get anything done in the garden my pea frame will have to wait another day.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Rained all day yesterday. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Choice of sewing, ironing and/or gardening today....depends on the weather.

I made one of Scarlet's chocolate cakes the other day and we've just finished it, so I might make a Dorset apple cake....not had one yet this year and I really love them.

Have a great day peeps...nearly weekend

Comment

• Didn't see you there Flo....nice choice of frock
                                Kettle's on!

Got some nice homemade lemon curd you might fancy trying?.....I'll pop some toast on just incase....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X