This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening All

As I hoped would happen the OH got fed up with me under her feet so she banished me to the plots

Spent a few hours tidying up and transfered some bits between greenhouses before lighting a couple of sulphur candles in one. Fingers crossed and hoping it's not failing eyesight but the weeds seem to be slowing down a bit. Dug out some trenches ready for a rough dig with the spade on the bigger beds.

Time for dinner

Comment

• Been a tad on the moist side up here in mid Aberdeenshire the last couple of days and forecast for more tomorrow . Used up a couple of pounds of ripe tomatoes making a pan of soup for lunch. so yummie and enough left over for tomorrow. Still got heaps of ripe toms to use and that's after roasting and freezing some. I do hate when they go done. Shop bought just doesn't compare.
      Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 22-10-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
        As I hoped would happen the OH got fed up with me under her feet so she banished me to the plots
        Dont let some Grapes on here know, as they keep a husband in the house, but some times they are so predictable
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, back from daughters where we had a lovely meal, roast lamb, and she is as good a cook as her mum, quite pleased with that, it shows I have taught both of them well should have said earlier I emptied out the pot which had the vine weevil, it should have had two firecracker begonias a red and a yellow, nothing left both corms gone so disappointed as I have never came across this variety up here, I bought those two in a small nursery in the Lake District, and to think I am just back from there, ah well no use crying over spilt milk, the work I did earlier means I have the area I am going to put a rubble sack cleared and as I was up at my daughters I took up a new tarpaulin up to swap with my grandson as he has an old torn one I can fold up and place under the sack now all I need to do is collect more bags of seaweed which I will mix with all my shredded stuff, to see what kind of composted material I will finish up with. Well I am off to read a book, which is the cause of another moan, I am reading Conn Iggulden's War Of The Roses which I thought was a trilogy so bought two books just to discover I haven't got book two, no matter I will get it the next time I am near a book shop, enjoy the coming week , I hope the weather is good to you, for those looking to lose weight remember working in the garden helps weight loss, they tell me, all I get is an appetite Pass on that smile. Goodnight
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• The day turned out really well here.
            Had a trip around the shops and got a few bits and bobs that we needed.
            Spent a bit of time outdoors.
            This evening my daughter and grandaughter called in unexpectidly.
            Grandaughter is learning to bake and cook in school.
            She made a victoria sponge cake and brought a slice for us both of us.
            Nice end to a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Dark and cold but not raining - yet. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo et al, yep dark but rain forecast here later, I have a car full of items for the charity shop as the wife and youngest daughter had a good clear out in preparation for me decorating the two large bedrooms. Isn't it amazing what stuff you keep !
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning All

Woke this morning full of cold

Still its wet and grey outside so might need a day relaxing.

Have a good Monday all

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Keep yr snuffles to yrself GL!
                    Hope you feel better soon!

Had a great day yesterday...loads of peeps turned up.
                    The weather behaved apart from one short heavy shower where everyone rushed indoors and promptly devoured all the cake's and biscuits!
                    Had a good natter with some very interesting gardeners...aren't there some lovely peeps about?

Hopefully I too will have some time for reading at bedtime rary....I bought the set of Game of Thrones book for my OH's birthday...I'm sure he'll let me read them if I ask nicely!

Have a great day peeps...you know you want to!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, sounds like your seed/plant swap went well Nicos even had the weather on your side Baking for me today a sourdough loaf then some naan bread and scones to go in the oven while its on.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning everyone
                        Dull looking out there, but it is 3rd week in October, so to be expected
                        Back to work for fun and games today. Looking forward to it.
                        Had a little sort out of clothes that don't fit and will take them in with me
                        Have a lovely day everyone
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Nice morning here, overcast, but pleasant, I will be requiring some good easterlies now and some frosts as the Cod fishing season is upon us.

Comment

• Good morning, rain here this morning but not too much of a problem ad I am at my daughter's watching the boy's, the youngest wants to go out and make a den with the new tarp. that I gave him last night, and when I say he, he means we so while the rain is on we are kept inside, thankfully, and I can understand why folk think mixing with young folk keeps you young after a day with them you go home exhausted and when you go to bed you are too tired to worry about anything, need to go an ad see what these two are fighting about, school holidays should only be at the weekends, when the parents aren't working

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              The weather is still trying to make up its mind.
                              Sun shining one minute and dull snd cloudy the next.
                              No rain forecast so might get out in the garden.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                                Seems I'm awake before the 7am bells!

Kettle's on....thermal frock is out airing.....I'm back off to bed!
                                See ya later peeps

Have a great day!
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X