Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all,proper autumn chill outside,or is me just up and out a bit earlier,good luck at the dentist FF,ti's fairy day,enjoy your day and B good 2 yourselves.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin' all, glorious day up here, the rising sun just catching the cherry blossom tree, looks like it's on fire.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Beautiful autumn morning but its only 3deg here
        Off to the hairdressers shortly.
        Grandaughter number 2 will be in for lunch as this is her half day.
        Have a good day all.
        Flo hopefully your trip to thr dentist will be over fast.
        Good luck at the weigh in Nanny Sally.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, hope you are all,well. My mum had her last pre-op assessment yesterday and unfortunately as I expected they will not operate. It's back to the oncologist to see what treatment can be had, possibly radiotherapy. It's all good news here.
          Hope,things are better where you are. It's a beautiful chilly autumn morning this morning, lawn is covered in leaves but as it's so marshy we can't get out to clear them without ending up sinking to ankle level is mud...yuk! Saw a tip saying to use an 8" augur and drill 18" down remove the earth and fill with gravel then returf and to do this at 18" intervals...can anyone see this working? Our lawn is quite big and it will take a bit of time to do it so don't want to waste time if it's not going to work. It sounds like a good idea though.
          Anyhoo, thanks for listening and hope you all have a great day. Off to catch up on what I've missed.
          sigpic

Comment

• Back from diet club another 1lb down. Still going the right way
            I got a lovely surprise in the garden, a Camelia flower is blooming away. Totally unexpected
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good afternoon everyone. No sign of rain. We have had warm weather for the past couple of weeks. Our clocks also go back on Saturday night, so the time difference will remain unchanged (now it is 16:17). Last week put a bag of tulip bulbs in the bottom of the refridgerator. Other bulbs can remain in the ground but tulips won't produce new flowers the following year if they don't have a cold spell of about six weeks to two months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                Back from diet club another 1lb down.
                Well done Sally

Comment

• Looks like it might be a chilly one tonight, greenhouse is ready 6.2.

Those in the south might want to make sure anything susceptible to the cold is well covered

Comment

Back from diet club another 1lb down. Still going the right way
                    You're getting there NS
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mine's down to 7.8. Should have moved my geraniums in as intended! Too late now
                      Well done NS - that's 2 packs of butter you've lost this week.
                      Nothing much to report today - just a bit of pottering with chooks and pups in the sunshine - just the way I like it
                      Enjoy your evening. Make the most of the peace and quiet before rary appears.

Comment

• That's the end of our peaceful evening

Hello rary, luvly to see you again, you're looking well for your age

Comment

• That wumin abin is no real, how did she ken Ah wis own

For those who dont understand what the line above says, it is
                          That woman above is not real, how did she know I was on
                          Last edited by rary; 27-10-2017, 09:10 PM.
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• 'cos your green light was on

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                              Saw a tip saying to use an 8" augur and drill 18" down remove the earth and fill with gravel then returf and to do this at 18" intervals...can anyone see this working? Our lawn is quite big and it will take a bit of time to do it so don't want to waste time if it's not going to work. It sounds like a good idea though.
                              Anyhoo, thanks for listening and hope you all have a great day. Off to catch up on what I've missed.
                              Jay I would suggest that you lift a spade width square of turf then make the hole if you have an augur thats ideal but if not you could use a pipe to make the holes, in the past I have dug a deep hole and filled it with stones to aid drainage and it did work so what you are proposing to do should work ok
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Back from diet club another 1lb down. Still going the right way
                                I got a lovely surprise in the garden, a Camelia flower is blooming away. Totally unexpected
                                Well done with both the weight and the flower

and just to let you know, I thought I had a problem with the dryer shrinking my clothes,
                                turns out its the refrigerator that causing the problem

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X