Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love watching the long tailed tits VC though they dont come this way very often its great to see them darting about the trees, apart from the jay the rest are regular visitors to the garden along with a robin thats practically lifting any containers I may be moving, and boy can he move fast if there are any insects or worms under them, I have discovered some maggots in the seaweed and I now go out and turn it to allow the robin in to feed
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Pre-Mornin n'all!
      All this talk of rain....seems to be here too now
      It's just woken me up bouncing off the window ( no-not me...the rain!)

We've had loads of birds on the feeders over the past couple of days-looks like the frosts have been making them hungrier , or bolder!
      Yesterday there was a beautiful woodpecker pecking away at the peanuts.It's sweet watching the blue and greattits queuing up for their turn.

We're having the boiler serviced first thing in the morning...just need to get some more wood stacked and we'll be ready for winter.

Central heating oil....tick
      Boiler service...tick
      Wood...nearly tick
      Spare petrol for the generator....tick
      Spare gas cylinders for the cooker...tick
      Freezers packed full of produce...tick
      Shelves full of preserved goodies....tick
      IKEA candles....tick
      Matches....tick
      Elec bill paid...tick

Yup....ready for the winter!
      Last edited by Nicos; 08-11-2017, 03:51 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning Nicos'n'All Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and All. Nice drop of rain we had yesterday, should have damped me compost down a treat . Almost clear skies now though and fairly nippy at 3 degrees ... (When will I see yooo ah-gain la lala lala lala lalaa....) don't know why I always say that, I'll get the kettle on..
          Enjoy your day folks
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning Crew, MrsC much improved and at least able to stand and walk with help, but trying a walking stick and not having coordination so you don't trip over your own walking stick is something she needs to learn, lucky I was walking in front and caught her.

It was like teaching her to dance stick, left, right, stick left right, keep it away from in front of your feet, and don't take bigger steps than where you have placed the stick if you can't keep it to one side. Being short she reminds me of Yoda with his stick

I like to think of it as our "Dirty Dancing" moment ! Have a good day people, I'm going too despite taking the car for a service and mot.
            Last edited by Cadalot; 08-11-2017, 06:19 AM.
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good to hear Mrs C is having a better time of it, Cadalot.

Comment

• Good morning, up at daughters to put the boy's out to school OH is at our sons to put his two out, why do children not get up in the morning, brush their hair comb their teeth and get ready to go out the way I did when I was young need to go they want Fed I don't know where they picked up that habit
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning the suns shinning so its a good day to wrap up and be out and about.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Hard frost this morning, which considering how much cloud there was up till midnight is a surprise, I was out in the garden looking for the Aurora, we just got a green sky with no curtains.

Comment

• Morning all Lovely, crispy morning. Message to Lumpy re 24 days thread. I always join in the panto, I just seriously dislike the “reality” stuff and get really fed up when they bang on about them on other programs. The only one I like is “I’m a celebrity” and i’m not upset if I miss episodes of that either.

My son’s both failed to come and jumpstart my car as they promised so I called the breakdown service out. It turns out it has an electrical fault so if I set the alarm it continually sets itself off and flattens the battery. It’s due in for it’s MOT and service so i’ll get them to look at it. Right, breakfast over, time to get moving.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• An Aurora burnie?...oh wow!
                        I've never seen one in real life...just photos and videos, but I imagine the countryside must have a strange glow too which is a bit weird?....If so, that would be lost on photos.

Have you ever taken photos of any spectacular ones?
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, hope you are all well. Very chilly this morning, there was a hard frost during the night but it has defrosted now but still cold. Showing 1 degree here this morning...brr.
                          Haven't been on for a while so going to have a quick look round at what's been going on...enjoy the rest of your day!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,cold and sunny,pleased to hear about Mrs C Cad,if anyone sees my motivation hidding,please send it back with a flea in the ear,have a good day
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Cold and windy here. Went into the village to collect the post. All the talk is the weather: dry and windy till February.

Quite nippy indoors by my standards. Might have to light the range again soon. I did one of those ecological footprint calculators the other day. I need 2.1 Earths to continue my current lifestyle. My two failings are: to go anywhere, I have to use a car; and I use wood for heating. Public transport is pretty well non-existent round these parts. And the wood is prunings from almond and olive trees and dead trees. It would be a severe strain to get down to less than 2.1 Earths!

Have a good day, everyone!

Comment

• Afternoon all, it is now sunny and bright outdoors.
                                Flippin wasn't earlier I can tell you
                                Well, we are now going to have a new son in law one day. He is doing the proposing thing at the weekend and has shown me the ring.
                                Let's hope this relationship works.
                                been into town sorting our will out, will have to go back tomorrow as didn't have all the documents they needed. All their fees go to Will Aid this month, so happy to pay the bill
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X