No announcement yet.

The What makes you Happy thread ...part 7

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes me Happy? A beautiful sunny day = I just counted 34 butterflies in the Big #ButterflyCount.
    Help @SaveButterflies & join in at big butterfly count
    Happy daysClick image for larger version

Name:	smayliki_emocii_1798.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	2374725
    “It was the bumble bee and the butterfly who survived, not the dinosaur” — Meridel Le Sueursigpic

"We are stardust, we are golden, and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden."
    - Joni Mitchell

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...owerpower.html

Comment

• Just happy
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• It looks like I might get some courgettes this year after all!
        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• What makes me Happy -The promise of another Sunny day =- hearing this FABulous sound in my gardenClick image for larger version

Name:	b104.gif
Views:	3
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	2374727
          https://youtu.be/5YFkOvDjIv8
          “It was the bumble bee and the butterfly who survived, not the dinosaur” — Meridel Le Sueursigpic

"We are stardust, we are golden, and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden."
          - Joni Mitchell

Comment

• Sat on the patio of my favourite country with SWMBO and friends, pint of Doom Bar in hand and glorious sun on my face we haven't had many days like that this year......
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Remembering to take photos for VVS before I start cooking veg
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Jam making, pickling and harvesting all the crops I worked hard to grow.
                Well worth the effort,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• "Thank you for being part of the big butterfly count
                  Your sightings will help Butterfly Conservation save butterflies, moths and our environment.
                  62448 counts have been completed.
                  I just counted 40 butterflies in the Big #ButterflyCount. Help @SaveButterflies & join in at http://bigbutterflycount.org"

Just recorded my final count in the 2017 Big Butterfly Count- so a happy day but sad that it signals the years coming to an end for seeing these amazing creatures.
                  Delighted as always to take part and uplifted that although it maybe in this years count that Butterflies are still on the decline - I personally noted more this year than in 2016, and fingers crossed I'm not alone. And the more counted the more potential chance for new Butterfly offspring in 2018, Postive thoughts = A happy BHFB

- Joni Mitchell

Comment

• That the mud bath to get rid of baggy, dry skin was totally worth the £1.50 I paid for it.............

Click image for larger version

Name:	21193018_1384937464952245_4974324145116057976_n.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	2374815
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• That I grow, cook and make. Went to a lovely farmers market today and could have spent a small fortune if I didn't. So thankfully just spent a little

Comment

• Rainbows!!!
                        lots and lots of loverly rainbows!

Sooo pretty ...don't ya just love 'em?
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Just for you Nicos

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170830_181143_resized.jpg
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	2374961

Comment

• After a 3 hour visit to the eye clinic which was my 3rd trip in 5 weeks I have decided that I like my demonic looking left eye...................if I moan about it (thinking of my dentist rant) things will only get worse so....................whoopie I have a blood red eye, 2 ulcers and 5 loads of drops and creams and could not be happier about the return visit in 14 days closely followed by a lovely, stress free day trip to the dental surgeon on the 9th Oct.
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Making compost.

We have a dalek in the front garden at home that we don't really use any more, as I bucket stuff to the allotment instead. I've been feeding it occasionally just to keep the worms alive, and this weekend I finally managed to move it and its contents to the plot. Set up the dalek, and then gathered materials.... I had three buckets of nearly-there compost with a seething population of worms, a bucket of grass cuttings, a load of shredded newspaper and some cardboard, a bucket of veg peelings and tea bags, a bucket of shredded comfrey, another of weeds and chopped up pumpkin vines, and a small bucket of manure.

I spent a ridiculously happy 20 minutes adding and mixing. There's something so deliciously archaic and alchemical about it all.

I may have inadvertently made rocket fuel...

Comment

• ^^^^^^^ That 'daft as a brush' is a country wide phenomenon.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X