No announcement yet.

Butterflies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm starting to see a few more butterflies now, mostly painted ladies, but nothing like what I would expect to see in a normal year - and no peacocks. Last year they were in gangs.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Alice,

Living directly next to woodlands, we're sort of 'cheating' maybe? But I'm pleased to report that we have seen no decline this year in the variety or numbers compared to last year. Although can't say I've spotted small blue ones yet.
      Plenty of Peacocks, Admirals, Meadow Browns, and natives to our area.....
      Five years ago I saw my first ever Cinnibar right outside the conservatory door. Which completely blew my sox off. Had to look it up to identify it - and again, to make sure I wasn't dreaming!
      Forgetting the White Ones, I'm hugely encouraged by the numbers of native ones around at present, but then they're close to their habitat here and only come to visit us for nectar/food? Hey! I'm a generous hostess!

Comment

Hi, wellie we get quite a few cinnabars and have even seen the caterpillars this year!
        It's nice how we all see different things. I would love to see a swallow tail or a camberwell beauty!
        I must admit, I have seen bout the normal amount of butterflies around here this year too.

Comment

Been seeing some more butterflies on the verbena recently, but whats missing this year is not a hint of hummingbird moths.
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

No hummingbird hawkmoths here either yet this year & I've only seen one peacock butterfly so far, we usually get loads like Alice.
            Pics of a few I've seen in the garden so far.
            Attached Files
            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X