In praise of GYO Mag!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In praise of GYO Mag!

As you know, I am a regular on the GYO forum but am afraid to say I don't always buy the Mag every month! Boo...Hiss....Shame!!!! I will try to mend my wicked ways in the future though!

Today I bought this months mag! Yay!!! I am probably preaching to the converted, when I say:-

I am well impressed and in my view it has the best layout, is the most informative, and is the most professional looking mag.

The other pretenders to the throne don't have a look in!

Or as others say " It's a damm good Mag"

PS Nice to see the forum getting a mention on the front inside page as well!
    Last edited by pigletwillie; 04-08-2007, 09:53 AM.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Here here Snadger. I joined the Grapevine before I'd ever read a copy of GYO magazine, and needless to say, got hooked and had to take up one of their special offer subscriptions. So glad I did, each issue I've received has been a great read.
    All at once I hear your voice
    And time just slips away
    Bonnie Raitt

Comment

I hope you noticed you got a personal name check Snadger! Page 45, just in case you didn't!

Claire
      Last edited by Seahorse; 03-08-2007, 10:17 PM.
      I was feeling part of the scenery
      I walked right out of the machinery
      My heart going boom boom boom
      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
      I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
        I hope you noticed you got a personal name check Snadger! Page 45, just in case you didn't!

Claire
        Well I never!!! Well spotted Seahorse. I hadn't got that far yet.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Oh good - glad to see our members top tips are in print again. Still haven't got my copy!
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Well done Snadger! pleased to see you've finally taken the plunge - now you know why we've all been raving on about the mag for months! Bernie
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

And May I Add....

That with the forum being as Friendly and Userble (new word invented there...) that GYO have every reason to be proud of us all. A lovely bunch of people, talking about their pride and joy, sharing their disappointments, making friends, learning something new today that they didn't know yesterday, and looking forward to the exciting times ahead.
              How could anyone NOT want to be a part of The Grapevine?!
              I rests my case....!

Comment

I rest my case.

I often recommend this mag to other gardeners like myself, but the price tends to put them off from taking the plunge. When I first saw the Mag for sale the price put me off as well but then a packet of free seeds tempted me, I bought a copy then subscribed as it's the cheapest way of getting it.

The Mag led me to the website, and I always try to introduce new people on here, particular those in to allotmenting.

It is without doubt the best and friendlyist growing forum around.
                Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

More importantly she who must not be named (S***h R***n AKA The coat is dressed almost normal She must have read what I've said about her
                  ntg
                  Never be afraid to try something new.
                  Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                  A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                  ==================================================

Comment

The Rat still hasn't received this month's copy - hopefully tomorrow ?
                    Rat

British by birth
                    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                      More importantly she who must not be named (S***h R***n AKA The coat is dressed almost normal She must have read what I've said about her
                      You clearly have some clout Mr Guru!!!!
                      Last edited by Nicos; 05-08-2007, 10:20 PM.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                        The Rat still hasn't received this month's copy - hopefully tomorrow ?
                        Me neither! Apparently much of the Scottish mail is being held up in Glasgow at the moment. As long as they are not reading my magazine .............
                        ~
                        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by JennieAtkinson View Post
                          Me neither! Apparently much of the Scottish mail is being held up in Glasgow at the moment. As long as they are not reading my magazine .............
                          Probably all these postage strikes, got mine Saturday but not had chance to read much of it yet.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

It wasn't in the mail this morning either....... booo hooo
                            ~
                            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I must say that I find the forum MUCH more informative - and up to date - than the magazine. I enjoy the read but then the experience is over but the grapevine is, as the old hymn says, 'new every morning'. Case once again rested.
                              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X