Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the biggest.........................Weed?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the biggest.........................Weed?

Can you beat this? A verbascum or Great Mullen which got to a height of 2.9m before it hit an overhanging tree and snapped

This spring it made a magnificent rosette of leaves 1.75m acoss which then rose rapidly to the flower spike.

What is the definition of a weed?

CK is holding the remnants of it, Couldn't get far enough away from it to photograph it growing.

Please note Composting in progress !!
    Attached Files
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Oh! Well done, my Great Mullein only got to eight foot. I did get a load of Mullein Moth catterpillers though! Lovely patterns.

Got two plants at the flat whorl stage at the moment - one is in the patio so is a weed on the definition of 'a plant in the wrong place', the other is in the border so can stay!
    The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Mullein's not a weed! I shake it all about, so to speak, when they seed, as I love them!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

What is the definition of a weed?
        A unwanted plant!

My garden & allotment have had loads of poppies this year (set by me)
        I have just started to collect the seeds for next year. I intend toSPREAD THEM AROUND a bit(not in others lotties!)
        Last edited by bubblewrap; 12-08-2007, 04:42 PM.
        The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
        Brian Clough

Comment

RE weeds I keep getting potatoes where I don't want them therefore they are weeds?
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

A weed is a plant in the wrong place.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by TPeers View Post
              Oh! Well done, my Great Mullein only got to eight foot. I did get a load of Mullein Moth catterpillers though! Lovely patterns.

Got two plants at the flat whorl stage at the moment - one is in the patio so is a weed on the definition of 'a plant in the wrong place', the other is in the border so can stay!
              Thanks, so that is what the caterpillars were.

Like BW I make a habit of cultivating weeds. Just keep them under control Sowed a load of Ragged Robin this year and it seems to be doing well.
              Last edited by roitelet; 13-08-2007, 10:14 AM.
              Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X