• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *hands Flo a cup of tea....
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All

-4° overnight but the temperature is steadily rising, rain forecast for later today.

May get a chance to pop over the plots before it arrives.

Have a happy Thursday

Comment

• Good morning, dull but dry just now emptied a couple of bins of manure but need to prepare an area for the rest so will get that later need to get the boy's to school then take OH to the coffee morning. Enjoy the day whatever you are doing
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Bright but pesky cold today. One of our dogs has taken herself off just up the valley to see the neighbour. He usually has a bit of extra breakfast for her and I think would quite like her to become his dog. He says it's just water from rinsing out the porridge pan, but I doubt that somehow. We have to feed her less to make up for whatever delights she's getting there! Anyway, I know he's away for a bit, which is why she'll make her way back soon. Today's a hunting day, though, and I always worry when she goes up to see him. Fortunately, after all the snow and rain, there won't be many hunters about.

Anyway, enough blithering on. On with the day. Have a good one everyone.

Comment

• Just posted a new thread on vegging out could a kind Mod change it to read the best way and not the bet way please

I've changed your title Rary.
            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 08-02-2018, 07:43 AM.
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning, it sunny and cold out looks like to best place to be is in my GH.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Not quite so brr out at the moment, quite bright.
                I've got melon and blueberries with vanilla yoghurt Nicos, lovely
                Nothing much in today apart from work this afternoon
                Have a lovely day
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning Crew very sunny here at the moment with the sun on the greenhouse the temperatures are rising but I have -0.5C recorded in one area of the greenhouse and that was with the terracotta candle heater which was still warm when I checked the greenhouse at 7:00 this morning. I bring the terracotta pot in doors to warm up so that the candle heater has a head start when I light it before going to bed of an evening.
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning all,spring like here as well,my project is really testing the old marbles,but getting there very slowly,have a good day and Bgood 2yourselfes.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all. Its raining and a bit warmer. The sun will be out later, of course.

Cads, I'm curious! When you've warmed up your terracotta pot before bedtime, do you have to open the GH door to put the pot back in before lighting the candle? Just curious whether the inflow of cold air cancels out the warm pot effect Have you considered putting the pot on a hot water bottle to keep the pot warm for longer while the candle is doing its stuff?

Have a great day everyone whatever life and the weather throws at you.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Brightening up here and a whopping 8 deg.
                        It feels almost tropical after all the cold days we have had.
                        Hope to get some work done in the garden today.
                        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Breakfast was porridge with chopped apple, raisins and cinnamon.
                          Then tea and a slice of spelt bread.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, damp this morning but much milder than yesterday. Domestics on the cards today...why does the house get so untidy?!! Loads of ironing to do too, just can't face it. I always think right I'm going to do this then take one look at the pile and think, I'll do it later!
                            Anyhoo, have a great day whatever you do
                            sigpic

Comment

• Ananke in the rant thread just made me laugh so much! Says it all really!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                Cads, I'm curious! When you've warmed up your terracotta pot before bedtime, do you have to open the GH door to put the pot back in before lighting the candle? Just curious whether the inflow of cold air cancels out the warm pot effect Have you considered putting the pot on a hot water bottle to keep the pot warm for longer while the candle is doing its stuff?
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Terracotta Pot Heater.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	2376438

The pot stands on 3 legs that I made by casting concrete in the bottom of pop bottles, I take the warm pot because its been up against the pipes to the radiator indoors, out to the space saver greenhouse where the candles have been placed with their wicks extended so that I just have to slide the door open at 10:00 (bedtime) light the candles, place the Terracotta pot on top and then close the door.

The only reason I'm warming the pots is so they don't have to warm up from being very cold so they heat up and start radiating a lot faster than they would if the pots had been left in the greenhouse all day to get cold. Her in doors suggested it and normally she is not gardening or allotment friendly

The tea lights 2 or 3 are used depending on the forecast last 9.5 - 10 Hours the new batch I have say 8 hours but that's still taking me around until 6 in the morning and normally by then the sun is coming around to warm up the greenhouse anyway.

The pot heat ups and radiates the heat into the greenhouse, As its a small Norfolk Space Saver, I have considered black pop bottles to absorb the heat during the day and to warm the air during the night as they loose the heat they have gained but I've not tried it yet.
                                Last edited by Cadalot; 08-02-2018, 02:25 PM.
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X