X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Thunderstorm due any second... Rain will be handy.

Other than that, a bit of a weird day. Can't really settle to anything. I should probably down tools and head outside to the garden, if only to rescue my tomato seedlings from the rain and possible hail.

On that thought...

See you later, folks.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Afternoon, dull with some showers today. Catching up with some domestics and then a coffee...welcome to join me.
    Have a great day all, especially those who still have lovely weather.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Well, the bank holiday is over, the sun has gone and it's raining.
    Seems we are in for a wet week in this neck of the woods.
    For those who have the good weather, enjoy it.
    I am having two of my grandkids visiting today as their school is closed.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Morning all,seems warmer earlier this morning,am pleased you both had a lovely day Nicos,and Jay working a few days in another environment,can be better than a rest sometimes,cad every seed seems to be slow,shall i shan't i germinate,am finding the beans particulaly delicate this year,and nothing different at all,only this silly weather pattern we have,the poor thins are as confused as we are,Vc it is nice to look at different varieties growing,and see them on the plate,would cost a fortune in a cafe,see what the sky is up to later on,then go to the plot,have a good day and Bgood2yrselves

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning, no blue sky here though it is mild, put on a couple of pounds when I weighed my self this morning, though from what Nicos has said in the past I wonder if it added muscle, from eating the fry ups and chocolate cakes over the weekend
    Enjoy your day and pass on a smile

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    Stonking here already!
    Bank Holiday here.

Frustratingly, no gardening for us today...maybe this evening.....Book Club followed by a leisurely lunch of various curries outside ( weather appropriate me thinks!)

See ya later peeps....have a gud 'un....

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning all. Lovely day again, was up the lotty for 5.30.
    Have a good one

Leave a comment:

• Cadalot
    replied
    Morning people, finally after what seems like a lifetime my cucumbers are finally germinating I've never known them take this long to spring up. Have a good one people.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Hot already. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Evening all. Been another super hot day when I've lurked in the shade and pretended to be busy. Planted one of the GHs with tomatoes this evening, after it had cooled down a bit. I don't have as many plants this year as usual. Not sure why.
    The corner shop at the end of the road sells tomato plants for 89p - they've been that price for the last 10 years - according to the owner. Lovely healthy plants too and a good range. May buy a few rather than sow some more although I wonder how many I really need to grow. Always seem to end up with more toms than I can eat or give away. Perhaps its time for a rethink!
    The maybugs are hammering on the windows again. In order to let the dogs out in the garden, I have to turn off the indoor lights, then turn on the outside ones and we all sneak out, closing the door rapidly behind us and hope none of them fly in. Noisy things.
    Nighty night - I'm going to do the washing up now.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Oh just realised Nicos, happy anniversary...ours was last week. Glad you had a lovely day.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Evening all
    Many thanks for the kind wishes!
    We had a great day.
    Went off to the coast to a paragliding site where they jump off a cliff.
    Must have been at least 30 people leaping into the unknown!
    Some headed off along the coastline and others flew down to the beach.
    Really interesting watching them. Braver than I am!
    We had a BBQ and read in the sunshine...really, really relaxing.
    Absolutely shattered now, yet we didn't do anything! Fresh sea air an ozone eh?

Need to crash out now.....see you in the morn folks

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Evening all, just back from a lovely weekend in Ayrshire. Worked blooming hard though. We also have cleavers everywhere and spent a lot of the weekend weeding. These things get absolutely everywhere. Didn't used to have them, they arrived from nowhere a few years ago and have just exploded. Unfortunately we need to use weedkiller on the gravel drive, its next to a field and the weeds are incessant! Just no idea which weedkiller to use as it's really got to be strong to keep the amount of weeds at bay.
    Weather wasn't too bad although not nearly as good as down South.
    Anyhoo, back to work tomorrow, will be thankful for the rest.
    Hope you all had a lovely weekend too.

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    evening all. Kitchen spuds all planted today. Red Doy for an early. Charlotte and Nadine for second earlies and Rooster and Cara for lates. Happy with Cara as it at least has some blight resistance but its a slug magnet so I think a purchase of nematodes will be necessary.

Tomorrow's first task is to make a second sowing of cauliflower as I hope to have an entry in the NVS National Championships at Harrogate in September. They are the worst vegetable to try to time for a show.

Watching Millionaire on telly at the moment. Guy just doubled his money to £32k on a guess after a fifty fifty. Think I'll have a glass of red

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    I have ground covered in cleavers

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X