Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late evening all,switched on a bit earler,then my computor man came to get my e.mails up and running again,not had access for about a month,one chat let to another,and have got Alexa comming tomoz,plus a plug,and dots,when it's set up,we will be able to connect to another room,and tell the tv to turn on and off,It is a treat to ourselves,should save him shouting me when am out off ear shot,most important is,if he has a fall or gets stuck trying to do things,i can be contacted easier,she will be a home help,Cad would this set up help you,just a thought.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning All

Quite a mild 9 degrees in the greenhouse this morning.

I shall venture over the plots for a play later today as time is marching on and I still have loads to do on the new plot.

Have a good Monday all

Comment

• Morning everyone
        It's the start of my medical week, chest X-ray today then work this afternoon
        Rary, the poor little bank card was hit for 300 plus and that was just to look at him, take blood and give painkillers
        Today will be a whole lot dearer. It was 1500 to leave him overnight at the emergency vets, so he came home, doped up and will be seeing the local - and more reasonable hopefully - vet ASAP today.
        Well, what an end to the weekend!
        Although he is hurt, we were all so relieved to see him again
        Have a great day everyone
        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Nice choice of gardening frock there GL
          How's the new plot coming along?

We need to get hold of some more large pieces of cardboard to cover our prepared beds before the weeds start growing. The grass is still growing here, so no wonder the weeds are popping up!

NS.....ouch!...that's expensive Poor little thing must be glad to be back home in familiar surroundings.
          Hope he's sorted soon xx

Can't believe how quickly this month is passing by....I'll be needing to do my Xmas cards soon!:eek

Have a great day peeps.....sees ya later...
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Mornin n'alln'all

Nice choice of gardening frock there GL
            How's the new plot coming along?
            Dress is OK Nicos but the shoes are killing me

Plot is developing slowing but nicely. I will take some up to date photos this week.

When we had pets I was so glad we had insurance, it might not cover it all but certainly helps.

Comment

• Not sure if it's always the case, but some vet's will do a 'special rate' for those without insurance.

Over here, the vet bills are so much lower. It does make you wonder if prices are insurance led in the uk.
              Our cat had an MRI scan a couple of years ago and it was less than £300!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Late today - good book, Room Service and rain. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, a very wet start to the day here, but as I am up at my daughter's watching the boy's (schools on holiday) its not too bad, heavy rain keeps the older boy in, if he is out walking about I worry about what he is getting up to, (with that last bit I thought of what I did at his age, need to go and get a ball and chain)
                  Last edited by rary; 20-11-2017, 08:23 AM.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all,a miracle today,am actually up,fed and ready before lunchtime,nice to feel like i had a sleep,wet here,enjoy your day.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• NS I think that vets overcharge for any work that the do, they just play on people's attachment to their pet's. I also know what you mean about you paying I have a dog sitting beside me that cost me £300 in July, I think I posted before she is shared between my daughter and I, she picked her, she feeds her, she keeps her, I just walk her and pay the vet bills though she is now getting back to what she was like before her illness/injury, we still don't know what caused it, I have just had a toy dropped at me feet, somebody wants to play and its not me
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good afternoon, still a bit wet though the rain is off just now, had intended taking the boy's over to collect seaweed but the rain was too heavy and now that its off the tide is in, just have to make time after the next high wind, just spent some time going through the various threads on the Vine, my there are a lot of interesting posts and a number of Grapes that are never heard from nowadays along with some you could consider as friends, as long as we never meet while I am with OH not that I wouldn't like to meet you all, but it could be a bit dangerous for my well-being
                        Need to go that's my GD in so she will look after the boys

Comment

• I just can't get used to the amounts of money involved in everyday use. When I was in the army I was getting 3/6 a day! I remember getting paid the princely sum of L23 .12 .10 for 42 days leave.

Comment

• My first weeks wage as an apprentice engineer in 1965 was £2. 18. 0d that was for a 40 hour week, loadsa money(or so I thought at the time)

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                              Would this set up help you,just a thought.
                              I don't really know but I now know more about them having watched a load of YouTube videos about them, you will have to let me know how you get on with them
                              Last edited by Cadalot; 20-11-2017, 04:08 PM.
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by boatsman View Post
                                When I was in the army I was getting 3/6 a day! I remember getting paid the princely sum of L23 .12 .10 for 42 days leave.
                                Originally posted by burnie View Post
                                My first weeks wage as an apprentice engineer in 1965 was £2. 18. 0d that was for a 40 hour week, loadsa money(or so I thought at the time)
                                Please remember some of us on the Forum are only used to pounds and pence, or of course euro's though I do recollect my mother talking about the old money 1965 I am trying to remember year I was in at school

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X