Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Ice on the windscreen today. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
      A friend has given me a book to read to try and stop me from doing too much too soon with my back...it's The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.
      Goodness knows how long she thinks I need an excuse to rest, but by 'ek it's a massive book!
      Loving it already though, so I may get through it quicker than she expects!
      Not quite sure what today will bring but I do have a couple of friends over later to prepare more seed packets...
      Heard some very sad news yesterday that my swimming buddy has decided to move back to the UK later on this year . It's not the same on yr own...

Have a great day peeps-tis nearly weekend!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning its frosty and sunny here here Flo.
        Nicos I watched The Pillars of the Earth a few years back on TV there's clips on youTube if you fancy a peep.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning crew, I've been up since silly o'clock looking at the vacant plot and waiting list for all the allotments in our borough - It's going to be such an interesting meeting with the management company and the Local Authority on Monday!

Ice on the cars but very sunny here now.
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning,

Sun is out here. No allotment for me until the weekend. Going to try and sort the back garden out today. Need to get rid of my rabbit cage. Got lots of things to do before I start work next week.

Have a good day
            Carrie

Comment

• Good morning all.
              I was up at silly o'clock as well this morning.
              Blood test at the hospital.
              Home now and a free day ahead.
              It's a lovely still morning and the cold wind is gone for the moment.
              Think it will be a nice long walk in the park.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, sunshine here too
                Weight stayed the same, so no luck there
                The GG is still in bed and she's not even a teenager yet
                Have a lovely Friday
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Nearly the afternoon already. It's amazing how the hours pass and I've done nigh-on nothing but eat breakfast and brush my teeth.

Hope you all have a great afternoon.

Comment

• Morning. I’ve been up since silly o’clock thanks to the dogs. Hollie has a tummy upset (again!) and was sick on the bed. I couldn’t be @rsed to change the bed linen in the wee small hours so I finished my sleep on the sofa. Linen now in the wash.

I’ve had an interesting few days. On Sunday I met my new ggdaughter. She’s perfect. On Tuesday my son’s car broke down and I got a parking ticket for parking outside his house for a few minutes when I went to take him to hire a car to get to work.

On Wednesday I received an email purporting to be from my bank asking if i’d spent about £600 on something or other, Y or N? I nearly fell for it but realised that my bank wouldn’t be contacting me from a mobile phone. Yesterday, same scam on my credit card, this time £85. So be warned.

Today is usually the day I meet the girls in the local, but I can’t as i’m driving one of them into town later so i’ve been sitting here ordering gardening things, 2 propagators, a seed planter, planting guide wheel (really useful and I’ve lost mine). So I can now look forward to a parcel.

The weather’s lovely and I feel the need to grow things. Someone was supposed to come and do some remedial work that I can’t cope with in the garden this week. He hasn’t turned up or rung me. To be honest I don’t really blame him as the weather has been pretty foul until today.

Time to tart myself up. Laters.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Going to do some work on the 4th draft of my novel, which I've abandoned whilst putting out various fires this past week.

Also hopefully more cleaning of my Olivetti Lettera 25 typewriter purchased last week for a tenner.

Maybe read a letter received from an Australian penfriend who lives in Thailand.

Then a bacon sarnie and later, a manhattan on the rocks, two cherries, and listen to the silence.

Happy Friday, everyone!
                      Last edited by Aunty Social; 16-02-2018, 11:39 AM.
                      sigpic

From Planet of the Apes to Animal Farm: a record of our first year in a microscopic country village with more cows and stars than people -

Comment

• Afternoon, hope you are all well. Glad you are getting over the dreaded lurgy Snoop!
                        Took my mum to hospital yesterday for her checkup. They are quite pleased with her and she doesn't have to go back for four months! Because of her past health and her age they really have their hands tied as to what treatment she can have but they seemed to be not too concerned so that's good enough for me.
                        Aunty S, my son is writing a screenplay at the moment which, after reading it, I suggested he turn it into a book instead. He's not keen on the idea...can't imagine what it would feel like to hold a book in your hand which you have written!
                        Anyhoo, it's a beautiful sunny day, not too cold and the starlings are bickering over the bird food in the garden. They don't have make a racket! Had an early lunch but feel like a coffee...anyone else feeling like one, you are welcome to join me.
                        Hope you all have a lovely day...it's nearly the weekend!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon all from a sunny place,fairy been and worked her magic,so lunch then work on project,Bgood 2yourselves.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• good afternoon, nice to see the daylight lasting longer (was going to put days getting longer, but quite sure there would be a comment from a chick about the days always the same length) it has been a bit warmer today though quite cloudy and still a cold wind, did get out to the garden for a short time, our daughter took her mum out for a breakfast this morning as its OHs birthday today I went out for a walk then was told I could have been with them, no matter as said was in the garden for a time, and now going to get ready to take OH out for her tea to celebrate, now the question is do I let her pay for it or not I dont know if I will be able to reach down to my money right need to go and see if I can open my wallet, see this remembering all these P.I.N. or combination numbers it gets quite confusing
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all. Got to the heady temperature of 6c earlier but it still feels cold out there. Had check up at dentist this morning and no nasties there . Watching the Chase on Telly. A young guy just go 0, yes zilch. Some of his questions were awful mind

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                                .. now the question is do I let her pay for it or not I dont know if I will be able to reach down to my money right need to go and see if I can open my wallet, see this remembering all these P.I.N. or combination numbers it gets quite confusing
                                So what they say about those north of Hadrian's wall is true!

Safer to leave the wallet and phone at home, you might have contactless cards or one of those apps!

Got Apple pay but it's a bit of a pig getting a 27" iMac on the bus!
                                Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X