This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening all.
    Got to spend the afternoon in the garden and the greenhouse.
    Cut off the withered leaves from the strawberries.
    Dead headed the geraniums and tidied them up.
    Did some weeding.
    Emptied some pots of dead chilli peppers that gave up the ghost.
    Bagged up the soil and cleaned the pots.
    Just lovely to be out and about in the garden especially as the evenings are getting brighter.
    Have a good evening all.
    Happy birthday to Mrs Rary.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all..
      Nice day off today including a trip to the cinema with the family...
      Just settling down for the evening when I got a phone call from a distraught Mum who had some cattle break in and who were busy trampling her lawn...All sorted now..
      Time for a glass of red..
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

• Well done Trip.
        Last edited by KevinM67; 16-02-2018, 10:11 PM.
        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Have to tell you about my nocturnal visitors!
          Just heard a dreadful racket in the garden, bit like cats fighting. Grabbing a torch, I went down the garden to see what was happening, there was the thudding of feet coming towards me and 2 badgers ran past my legs.
          I knew they were around but I've never seen them in the garden before. Hope they don't make a habit of it!

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyK View Post
            So what they say about those north of Hadrian's wall is true!

Safer to leave the wallet and phone at home, you might have contactless cards or one of those apps!

Got Apple pay but it's a bit of a pig getting a 27" iMac on the bus!
            What do they say about those north of Hadrians wall after all most of England's largest county in north of the wall and I always leave the phone at home, there is nowhere to plug it in outside
            As for leaving the wallet, you have no idea how difficult it is to undo the chains that lock it into my pocket, and how can you have contactless cards you have to touch them to put them in the wallet
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
              Must be weekend as it looks like I'm first in the kitchen.... kettle's on...help yourself!

Off to the tip this morning as OH spent most of yesterday sorting out 'stuff' (mostly relocating things more tidily) in our storage barn.

Not quite sure what the weekend will bring apart from not eating much
              I do have more chilli seedlings to pot on and some domestic goddess moments can no longer be excused....

Whatever you do peeps-have a great time
              See ya later....
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning Nicos'n'All Fine here. Lots of cooking for me today - pork and beef dripping to make. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, not sure what the weathers doing, hope the sun can make it out.
                  Lazy day for me today, may tackle of few domestics you never know.
                  Have a lovely day folks
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• Cor!...we have sunshine
                    The sun is warm through the windows, the birds are singing away, the daffs and crocus are in flower...from indoors it certainly looks like Spring is already here
                    ....until you go outside
                    Brrrrr....
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• It's raining here so laundry will be draped all over the house again. It will smell of cooking meat if I'm not careful!
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All

Just about to leave for a week on the Isle of Wight just one of those spur of the moment decisions yesterday.

Have a super weekend all

Comment

• Morning all,dry here,ooh err VC,have a good day all,and Bgood 2youselfs.

have a good one GL and enjoy.
                          Last edited by lottie dolly; 17-02-2018, 09:50 AM.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Getting boiler serviced and chimneys swept. Not thrilling but necessary.
                            Enormous amount of laundry and better half out of country so minimal help.
                            Slobby grown up children still in bed. Plus one friend. Honestly sometimes it’s like running a hostel.
                            Going to sow some seeds later.

Comment

• Out Digging a Veg beds this morning. Hope to get 2 (2.4 x 5m) completed. - 1st digging of year, so taking it easy.
                              have 12 beds to get done

in for 11's

Edit ********
                              Done......

In
                              Last edited by 4Shoes; 17-02-2018, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                                Morning All

Just about to leave for a week on the Isle of Wight just one of those spur of the moment decisions yesterday.

Have a super weekend all
                                Was going to say I'll wave, but it is the Isle of Man that I can see from my window. Just on the horizon.
                                For many web searches it is my local store.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X