X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    A bit on the dull side but dry.
    No rain forecast so hopefully get some gardening done.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, sharp frost here again and more snow forecast, but as the suns out, I'm off out with the camera.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
        Morning All, no snow here either, just a bit of rain. Snoops, Mexican marigolds worked for me at keeping couch at bay from next doors. The roots are said to give off exudates that deter couch.

Enjoy your day folks
        Thanks, Mr Bones. Only Mexican marigolds or French or pot marigolds might do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          Thanks, Mr Bones. Only Mexican marigolds or French or pot marigolds might do?
          Mexican marigolds are apparently the ones to have. They're quite tall and some say they don't like the smell but I did, reminded me of an orangey citronella. When we took on our current lotty there was an area of couch that spread in from next doors. We cleared ours and planted the MM's along the border. I must admit to being rather surprised that we didn't get more invading back in.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• ^Brilliant. The problem is it's encroaching from the paths and the side of the track. So that might do the trick. Thank you.

Time for another flower order!

Comment

• Good afternoon, a mixed day here today, started off with a bit of frost over the car, but a bright Sun cleat d that before I needed to take the boys to school, but by eleven o'clock there were some light showers, then the back of twelve I got out to the garden for a time, managed to clear a bit of ground for the path around my raised bed and put in four barrow loads of sand, then had to stop and go and collect the boy's from school, I am also in the process of making a propagating bench, I really need to get this finished but will be out at a meeting tonight, wonder if OH could finish it for me, and cows might fly Looking out I see it is back to a light rain again. Well need to go and see about getting the boy's something to eat, keep safe if you are going out, and if staying in have a relaxing evening.
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all, hope this finds you well! Don't seem to get on as much these days and I've no idea why because I'm getting nothing else done! Managed to book a week away next month in the sun...first beach holiday in years, I've no idea what it will be like, what to wear etc, but looking forward to the break. A whole week of doing nothing! Yay!
                Nicos, hope you enjoy your birthday weekend, hope the cars are up to the job.
                Enjoy the rest of your evening folks.
                sigpic

Comment

• Meant to say that I think I mentioned the little Robin in our garden who can only use one leg. Well we now have a blackbird who has lost half of his upper beak. I've been a bit upset thinking about him as he was having trouble eating. (I'm a softie when it comes to any animal). Low and behold I put some food out this morning along with some grapes. One legged Robin appears, hale and hearty after all the snow, apart from his gammy leg and also half beak blackbird appeared...putting his head sideways on the ground and flicking the grapes etc into his mouth!! Aren't animals amazing?! I'll sleep tonight not having to worry about him.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Bit frosty here. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All

Relatively mild here today, what a difference a week makes.

Washing the greenhouse glass today and glazing tomorrow.

Have a super Friday all

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

We has wet stuff ....

Crazy day ahead-got to finish off handing out posters and flyers and popping into see a friend who's burpday it was yesterday, collect unwanted gardening stuff from a friend who is returning to the uk, collect my car or sort out and collect a hire car, pack for 4days away, clean one of the gites.

...and breathe.....

See ya later peeps
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning shipmates, looks to be dry here at the moment so now I've had breakfast off for a quick shave and shower and the sowing 20 varieties of tomatoes x 4 of each to go into my portable grow stations to kick me off as I'm behind on my schedule due to the snow and cold weather I delayed starting.

My Ikea mini greenhouse behind the patio door will be sown with brassicas in the next few days and the Catawissa Onions will be taken to the allotment and planted making space in the greenhouse.
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning, I couldn't see across the road first thing but the fogs cleared just need the frost to go then it'll be a good day here.
                            Cad I'm sowing my toms this weekend I've bought my compost doors to warm it up bit, then I'm all set
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, dull weather here.
                              Not that it matters much, I have a day off and am hoping to get creative in my craft room
                              Oh, and fat club this morning, not hoping for anything good there ...
                              See you all later
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Bright with a few hazy clouds up top. But bad weather blowing in soon. Trying not to get ahead of myself. It was like this last year and then we had a late cold snap in early May. Enough to kill young trees. Fortunately, I was behind and still at the in-out, in-out stage with my seedlings, so they survived. I just have to remember the lesson: no haring, lots of tortoising at this time of year for me.

Anyway, have a good day everyone, especially the tomato sowers. I'm not jealous. What me? No...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X