X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenleaves
    replied
    Evening All

Full day over the plots and lots done in between ducking for shade. Second batch of beans sown so I can prolong the season a little.

Courgettes were sown Tuesday and just poking through today....only two plants this year! Hope you have all enjoyed the sunshine

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Evening all. Been a gorgeous day here. Just perfect for mixing compost for show tatties. Still have 150 ltrs to shred and then 375 ltrs to mix. Tis a bit of a slog but I'm nearly there and then it wiill be all over for another year..l'm going to do the shredding bit after tea time and the rest tomorrow. ��

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    Lovely, lovely day. I have been waiting so long to plant my seedlings, put up the pt, etc and the weather was too hot. I will carry on when it cools down again. I’m not complaining.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    What a great day.
    Spent the morning watering and potting up my plants.
    Dahlias, Zinnias, broccoli, beetroot,, and spring onions all outdoors now.
    I Sam relieved to say my tomatoes, sweet peppers and chillies made it through the cold spell in the unheated greenhouse.
    Spent the afternoon playing pitch and putt without coats or jackets for the first time this year.
    Home now and relaxing after a lovely day.
    Have a good evening all.

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    I had to do a major shop today. I pass a friend who is into gardening but lives on one of our new estates with minuscule outside space and really nowhere to propagate anything. So I potted up my excess plants and dropped them off. So 4 hrs, a trip to Ald1 with her and her partner and 2 olive trees and other plants later I’m home. Having waited all this time and a long cold winter, it’s currently too hot to work outside. The work will still be there tomorrow and I don’t need to go anywhere. Currently chilling on the patio with a cold Chardonnay.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    We're having to mow every 5days at the moment burnie!!!
    That's cutting off at least 3" new growth
    If we leave it any longer the mower blocks.
    Good job I enjoy mowing in the sunshine! ( much more satisfying than vacuuming eh?)
    Last edited by Nicos; 05-05-2018, 09:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Loverly juberly Day here....
    All domestics done...now off to play in the garden! Yipppeee!

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Everything is growing, but in slow motion, even the grass is being stopped by the low overnight temperatures of the past week, so it's not all bad news eh

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Good morning all,quite hot out there now,shopping done and put away,Nicos i got some of them pukka tea bags,just had mint,they are nice,makes the other brands not nice,thaks for the heads up,magnummm LD dribles,Plot today see what i can get planted,before my back or the heat take hold,must add strimmer to my list of MUST take's with me,have a day and Bgood2yrselves,be carefull in the sun,easy to get cought out

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning on this mild but dull day no Sun showing here, the one good point for me is that I am now down 2st. 3lbs. from six weeks ago and still losing I had put some back on but has now come off, so quite happy with that. Enjoy your day whatever the weather and pass on a smile

Leave a comment:

• cariann88
    replied
    Good morning,

The sun is shining and I am dressed before 9am! Going to sort the front garden out(weed) and mow the grass and then just rest and enjoy the sunshine. Will be going down the allotment tomorrow.

Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Hello, hello on this bright and glorious morning.

Muck shifting this morning, but could be worse. All I have to do is load up a dumper truck parked right next to the pile and a friend will shift it closer to the beds. (I'm proper lucky with my friends!) Then shape a couple of beds for urgent plantings. Then... argue with Mr Snoop over where I want beds and he wants a roadway. I think I'll give in gracefully. I've got plenty of space this year. Starting so late, there will be no broad beans and not as many peas, so he can have his road. Plus, he's helping me to load the dumper truck, so it's only fair he gets a concession!

Then lunch with a friend. Home-made lamb-burgers. Hope they're good. Cheating on the pud, but who doesn't like a Magnum?

Afternoon nap might be in order after that. But some seed-sowing in the late afternoon.

So, what a great day ahead for me. Hope you all have one just as good if not even better.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Bright and sunny, feels warm. Shopping with my daughter later. Enjoy the sunshine

Leave a comment:

• Cadalot
    replied
    Morning Peeps, already 11.4 - 11.7C in the greenhouse and the sun has not made it down to it yet so off to open the door because if I don't it will be 40+ in there within about an hour. Major seed sowing day to day, sweetcorn and lots more to fill the Space Saver up to the brim.

Have a good one people.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning its sunny and warm out, cloches are of and my toms are out in the GH for the day

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X