This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I say good midday all.
    Happy mothering Sunday to all those wonderful mother's, step mums and grans who,do a wonderful job day in and day out.This is your day.
    Champagne breakfast here to start the day off and then family arriving later.
    Have a great day all and hope all,you females are spoiled today.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Where do the weekends go? I have no idea. Anyway, chilly now but it was surprisingly warm last night. Even left the kitchen door open for the dogs to roam free. Not tonight, though. Due to get quite windy (gusts of up to 65 mph) tomorrow. Me, I'll be staying tucked up indoors I think.

Oh, I've got my veg patch plan all sorted, including assorted mulches, green manures and flowers. Now just watch as virtually none of it comes to fruition... In part for lack of water. I went and had a look at our well yesterday, expecting to see it much higher than it was. Not much higher than before the rainfall, to be honest... The pond at the end of our valley is full and the spring is flowing abundantly, so I was a bit surprised not to see more in our well.)

Anyway, there's plenty to be getting on with before doom and gloom hits. It's my best plan yet, so fingers crossed for the rain forecast for the end of this month and April.

Have a nice Sunday evening, everyone. Not long till next weekend!

Comment

• Morning All

Currently +7° with a little rain in the air. Back over the plots today. As I don't grow in the greenhouse and just use it for seeds and shelter, I have decided to gravel the floor. So first stop Wickies, then the plots.

Have a good Monday all

Comment

• Good Morning Gl and All Fine here at the moment. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning we've got rain and according to the met-office its here for the day. not a problem i'll be mostly in my GH sowing seeds
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Despite the heavy rain there's a big bumble bee on the honeysuckle and a blue tit eating the flowers.

Couple of days ago saw a robin ferrying old leaves into the ivy on a beech.
              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• I should've looked out the window Bren, it's raining here too. I was determined to use my day off to clear out the stayput and sow seeds so I hope it clears up. My eldest Golden Girl is taking her Momma to Chester Zoo for the day today, hope it's drier over by there
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning everyone, dull and grey here, but not too cold
                  Rain expected though
                  Had a nice afternoon and evening with family, even the lesser spotted Grandson turned up.
                  Lovely dinner, nice cards and a very lovely orchid in a pot.
                  Thoroughly spoilt
                  Back to the real world today, and back to work later
                  Have a great day
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• An unexpected day off - huzzah!

Its raining - boo!

Car brakes will doubtless be pricey to fix - boo!

Cost of railticket if car not ready for tomorrow eyewaterinng - boo!

Realised that wellies are in boot of car at mechanics - so wet feet if I do go to the plot - boo!

Think I will go as I'm already feeling a little stir crazt... have a good day folks...
                    sigpic
                    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      It's looking a little grey here but beginning to brighten up a bit.
                      Go in to sort the greenhouse out today and get rid of some clutter.
                      Need to get the garden ready for planting my early potatoes.
                      Sorting put the canes to stake up my Sweet peas.
                      Lots to do today.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,rainy day,hugs for poor baldy,lucky you NS,i must do something constructive today,think it will be up the attic and top room,still some sorting to do,and my project to complete,have to find mojo from someplace or an another,enjoy your day what ever your up to,and Bgood 2yourselves.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning, quite bright here today...the weather's nice too! Hope everyone is well. Spring looks to be on its way. I'm torn as I said I wasn't growing anything this year due to the bad results the last couple of years, now it's spring....

Hope you all have a lovely day. Was in Ayrshire this weekend...no internet...so off for a catch up. See you later!
                          Last edited by Jay22; 12-03-2018, 09:00 PM. Reason: Sp.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Quick update on my grey weather, it has been tipping it down ever since I wrote that post
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• G'dafternoon. Had house guests all weekend but they've gone now so I can relax. It's lovely to see them but it's lovely to get the place back to ourselves again too.
                              Been tipping it down since last night.
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	16 Hours of Free Labour.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	2376782

Nothing says "I love you" more than opening a 60th birthday card and finding a voucher giving you 16 hours of hard labour on your Allotment when you hate worms, earth and mother nature. Looking forward to some quality Dad Daughter time and making some memories for us both to keep (well for as long as we can)
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X