Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS....they are for the seed and plant swap tomorrow.
    Free tea/coffee and cakes...up to 200 people turn up!
    Any left will go in the freezer-not that there was any left last time
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All. Proper snow here, got up at 4.30 (for a waz) looked out and realised it would be a good idea to sweep off the lotty tunnel. It's only a green budget one and might buckle under the weight. So at 5.00 am I was down there, brush in hand. Also did four others for lotty friends.
      Made quite a change to be out and about in the muffled hush.

Enjoy the day
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good Morning All We have about six inches of snow and it's still coming down! I might have a go at some cakes myself today Nicos, I'm pretty sure I don't have a Full English to cook today. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, we've got about the same amount of snow here Flo not much traffic around only a couple of tracks going up our road.

All the best for your plant swap Nicos
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Like most others we also have snow, about 4" and still coming down. -0.5° at the moment. I shall still be frequenting the plots as I have plenty of indoor stuff to do.

Have a warm and safe Sunday all
            Last edited by Greenleaves; 18-03-2018, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• I’m glad I got I lump of beef out of the freezer last night. I often go for a carvery on a Sunday, with friends or family. I won’t be going anywhere today bar down the garden for some logs for the fire.
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Here I am dressed for SubArctic conditions!!!
                Just need to cut some fresh willow, bay, Rosemary and garden daffs and then we're off!
                Have a warm day peeps..will see you later!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                  Nipped out, it's Baltic out there, 1 degree and snow flurries, the hills are a white out, but with the sun peeping through now and again it's 10 degrees in the greenhouse, mad.................
                  Thanks for the warning Burnie, I'd stay inside but I have to go out to the car boot to get the presents I have secreted in there for her ladyship's birthday. Brrrh at the thought.

Comment

• Bright blue but very breezy here. More rain due according to one forecaster, none according to the other.

Yesterday was a something and nothing day. Spent hours pondering on which regulator to get for the solar pump. Should just have decided to buy the more expensive one: as Mr Snoop pointed out, the amount of work I didn't do while making up my mind would have more than paid for the difference.

Amazing how grass just springs back to life. After last year's drought and the limited rainfall the year before, we were surrounded by brown stuff everywhere. Dead rosemary, dead juniper, dying trees, you name it. But the grass, which seemed to have disappeared completely, is now growing back. Lovely to see green again, just not in my beds that I didn't use last year. How has it managed that?

Anyway, along with all the other trees, our walnut tree looks to be dead. Not just dormant but dead. Great shame. If it springs miraculously to life, I shall be so pleased.

On the positive side, I spotted bees in among some rosemary flowers the other day. And a couple of butterflies even. Despite the cold temperatures. The dog bowls outside were full of ice this morning.

So, have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning Peoploids, the snow overnight is gradually going but early this morning it was very windy and bitter out there so I put my sad monkey face on as Snow stopped Allotment Play.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sad Monkey.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	2376850

I decided that as I have a first birthday party to attend, I'm an honorary Grandad as my youngest daughters best mate who we unofficially adopted and get called Mum and Dad had a smashing little lad a year ago, and so far my two daughters have resisted the urge to produce any grandchildren for us. I will not be going to the allotment, besides I have some seeds to sow that can be done in the warm and dry.
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good afternoon, its cold but bright here today, an occasional flurry of snow but OH had hung out a washing before we went to church and it was dry by the time we returned home, just going to get ready to go out for a meal as she wants to eat out today to celebrate our anniversary, was out at the greenhouse where the temp. is 13·5c and outside its 3c so when we return home I will nip out and put a fire on, I have some cauliflower and onions that need to be protected along with a number of flower seedlings along with begonia corms, oh plus potatoes and lilies in MFBs
                        Last edited by rary; 18-03-2018, 01:43 PM.
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Happy Anniversry Mrs and Rary. Who paid?

Snow us starting again
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                            Happy Anniversry Mrs and Rary. Who paid
                            I am shocked that you asked that question I paid of course it should be a wee face with a halo

Though she did want her change back
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning, no more snow since yesterday one thing we've spotted is that we have a fox visiting wouldn't have known without seeing footprints in the snow.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All. Half a degree above and the skies are brighter than yesterday
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X