X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Bones
    replied
    I'll join you for a cuppa Nicos. Morning all, sunny and bright with 8.5c not windy either. Wonder what's on the agenda for today..

Hope the working folk get decent bank holiday weather

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    Up early cos Hibou was bouncing around the bedroom
    Quite a surprise to see quite a heavy mist out there.

More domestics, then hopefully lots of gardening...and yes rary....the field looks lovely now it's been cut.
    This year we have cut wide swathes of walkways through the grass so it only takes a couple of hours to cut (as opposed to 3-5 depending on the length of the grass.)

One more garden lawn to cut as I managed to get the others done yesterday.
    Nice to have some warmer weather back eh?

Have a great day peeps...see ya later!

Kettle's on....

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good evening, it had been a dull and sometimes wet day here today, not long back in as I was out watching the boy's, though they were no problem ad they went to bed when I told them to, but before I went out I spent some time in the greenhouse where I am trying to set up a watering system for my plants as I would like to get away for a weeks holiday, so will need to try various things to see if I can get it to go a week without needing anyone to water them, so will give it some thought and see what I can do, enjoy the long weekend, and enjoy your garden. Goodnight

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    and you wonder why there us a 'no joke 'policy on here!

Yipppeeee...we have sunshine
    Some domestics, then a day of mowing once the grass dries up a bit!
    Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
    Morning...is there really a no joking policy?
    Jay when you see what Nicos posted about it being sunny, and her happy doing some domestics, and then cutting the grass, it does make you wonder about the no jokes policy

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
    Lovely sunny day for gardening, got people coming this morning to look at the 2 empty plots - fingers crossed they'll take them
    Both taken

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Cad the ban on jokes is part of the vines Guidance for Members [Incl. T&Cs] and has been since 2013.

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1109444

Joke Threads
    Hi all

We had to pull the long running 'Joke' thread for various reasons, mainly because there were more 'jokes' that had to be pulled than were appropriate to be posted on a family forum. And also because it needed constant moderating and we all have other things we'd rather do than read 'jokes' featuring such 'hilarity' as rasicsm, sexism, and all other isms and schisms.

Please desist from posting joke threads on the Grapevine as all will be pulled.

Although they start off harmless, they attract non-appropriate 'jokes' and to be honest, we don't find spending our spare time babysitting it all that much fun.

Kind Regards on behalf of the Moderators.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Didn't get time to say good morning so it's good afternoon from me.
    Spent the morning in the church.
    My grandson was confirmed in a lovely ceremony.
    Home now and time for lunch and then an afternoon of gardening.
    Beautiful sunny afternoon.
    Enjoy your day all.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    You didn't have to read some of the "jokes" that were posted here before the Ban - or deal with the flak that followed. People were often offended by the "isms" or they weren't suitable for a family forum. As a Mod, you have to read everything and some were just crude, not funny at all. I love a good laugh but some jokes are best told after a few drinks and in private.
    As for the adverts - I don't watch TV - don't have time as I'm always on here.

Leave a comment:

• Cadalot
    replied
    I thought you were joking What a bad idea to ban Jokes. VC have you seen John Cleese and his view on the subject https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klu1SCueDow Says it all really. Maybe you don't get the advert in Wales to understand the joke https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIfayRbEPDI
    Last edited by Cadalot; 04-05-2018, 11:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    ^^^^ Some people can't take a hint. https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...kes_90683.html

There are enough amusing things in my life to keep me laughing. I don't even understand your "joke" Cadalot.

Anyway, Happy Friday everyone - hope the sun shines on you and you have no need to use the Rant thread

Leave a comment:

• Cadalot
    replied
    Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
    yes Jay,it got stopped a while ago now,due to some peeps going down the really naughty root,a lot of us would have a good laugh,but NOT suitable for this forum,mmmmm sun comming out lovely now,
    How sad there is nothing like a good laugh. On the serious side though...

There's been some thug called Carl going round locally breaking in to people's houses near me for months, but the police couldn't catch him. The weird thing is he was breaking into people's houses just to ruin their washing machines by putting bricks in to them & turning them on. Really weird if you ask me...

Anyway, just read that he was killed today in a freak accident. It's never nice hearing of someones death, but on the bright side, washing machines live longer with Carl gone....

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    yes Jay,it got stopped a while ago now,due to some peeps going down the really naughty root,a lot of us would have a good laugh,but NOT suitable for this forum,mmmmm sun comming out lovely now,

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning...is there really a no joking policy? Notice on a shoe repairers window...I'll heel you, I'll save your sole...I'll even dye for you!

Dull this morning but dry...hopefully it will cheer up for the weekend! Supermarket this morning, which is one of those jobs I absolutely love...not!

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Morning all,still waiting a call from the hospital,then i can go out,promising weather again,i got domestics to do,as no fairy again,have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Cadalot
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    ^^^^^...and you wonder why there us a 'no joke 'policy on here!
    Really I didn't know that

I had a bowel scope screening done at the hospital yesterday.
    They gave me a sage and onion enema

it’s knocked the stuffing right out of me!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X