Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was back out to the garden this evening, and have almost finished my new veg box just one more bin to empty and that's it, I must be a bit down as this is a project that I would have completed in a day, for some reason it has taken me a bit longer though while working in the back garden today I have seen my first bumblebee of the year also the first ladybird, and a couple of months, and VC was nowhere in sight I thought may be they had escaped from her purse. Well enjoy the rest of your week, remember an hour is twice as long when you are unhappy, though its three times as long when you are anticipating something,(like a long weekend) pass on a smile. Goodnight
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening n'alln'all
      Just about to hit the sac here too rary.
      I thought I'd check the weather forecast for the next few days and 2sites are saying back to back rain until at least next week!
      Please tell me they are wrong!

Funny thing is....I stopped weeding 5 hrs ago and my hands are still stinging from the nettles I touched!
      ...and that reminds me....I must try out some nettle recipes got VC's thread!

Night all...sleep tight....
      Last edited by Nicos; 26-03-2018, 09:27 PM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• moring all wet here,Nicos,rub toothpaste over the stings,i was tolled this a few years ago,ites helped on the times i needed,always keep a tube in my plot bag along with medical box and bugs keep away spay,have a good day.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning, damp but mild this morning, not been out yet but will need to move myself as I have a lot to do today, have a good day enjoy the garden if you can get into it
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              A bit on the dull side this morning but dry as we had the rain overnight.
              Grocery and Easter egg shopping this morning before they all vanish from the shops.
              Hopefully I will get out to the greenhouse later.
              I need to sow some flower seeds.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Cold and windy today. Not much fun out there for anyone, but seeing as I'm stuck indoors again at the computer, no fun at all for me. But I'm hoping to get going on Thursday, when it's a public holiday for my clients so I might as well take some time out too. Really looking forward to that.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all, won't say good as it's persisting down and has been all night long! Just treated ourselves to some bedding from a well known company...white. This is our second set, we bought the first several years ago. Both advertised as 200 thread cotton but the knew one feels so thin compared to the original. How come things are getting more expensive but the quality is going down? Really disappointed. Anyhoo, off to catch up in the Vine, hope you all have a lovely afternoon.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                    moring all wet here,Nicos,rub toothpaste over the stings,i was tolled this a few years ago,ites helped on the times i needed,always keep a tube in my plot bag along with medical box and bugs keep away spay,have a good day.
                    Really?...oh wow!...never heard of that before...will certainly give it a try
                    Thanks!

Comment

• Arfernoon n'alln'all

Whizzed out early again today...we've just been given a lovely 120 cm wide chest freezer!...offered to buy it but she refused!...must find something to give her instead as a thank you!

Wet and windy too here today-such a change from yesterday...very frustrating cos I'm back in the zone for weeding...ha!

Looks like I'll be doing more domestic stuff again...best light the fire first though...tis nippy again with this wind!

I've just been packing up Milka chocolate bunnies to post and actually started salivating!...not a nice sight...believe me!

See ya later...keep,warm!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                        A wise move there rary No good getting older if you don't get wiser as well!
                        Thelma, yes you are right with the getting wiser, but I am not getting older I seem to be in the 25 to 28 year old bracket its just the body that's a bit worn but I am working on that, the glasses help to see, the teeth help to chow the hearing aid helps of course to hear, and the replacement knees help me be mobile so with those one or two aids I am fine,,,, well apart from ¡¡¡¡

Comment

• Good afternoon, from a mild start it has now turned cold and yes, wet, I have a meeting tonight so might not manage into the greenhouse later, quite glad to be going out as granddaughter will be down helping Gran bake some cakes for a charity do that she has at her work,and of course she will be down on time to get her tea, this lassie has an uncanny knack of picking the night's that we will be having baked beans with our tea, and I like baked beans, need to go to pick up one of my he grandchildren from a club he has started to attend, catch you later
                          Last edited by rary; 27-03-2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• ^Two cans, Rary. That's the answer. Plus it means you can look forward to her visits on baked-bean night, as it means you'll get extra because of the extra half can.
                            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 27-03-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              ^Two cans, Rary. That's the answer. Plus it means you can look forward to her visits on baked-bean night, as it means you'll get extra because of the extra half can.
                              That sounds great Snoop, and at first I thought, imagine being married to someone like her, then reality dawned on me, better the devil I know

Comment

• Evening all.
                                Went out with a pal to Ikea today. Totally unexpected as I had completely forgotten even discussing it, let alone making an arrangement ..... Some times things don't even go into my inbox, they fall through the cracks of my brain.
                                Anyhow, we had a lovely day out, looking at ideas and buying the odd bits.
                                Had lunch and afternoon tea there. I will not be joining Nicos in the weight losing thing this week.
                                Did have a venture up the garden this afternoon, very, very wet.
                                BQ have 20% off garden plants from Thurs/Monday. I definately need some
                                Have a lovely evening
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X