Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all from a rain soaked Dublin.
    It's been raining all night and it still hasn't stopped.
    What a gloomy day for an Easter Monday.
    Nothing planned for today
    Had all the family yesterday so we will just take it easy.
    Have a good gardening day those of you who have the sun and you know who you are even though you whispered.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well I’ve got sleet

Comment

• Morning,rain here again,silly weather,in the next few weeks we will no doubt be screaming for some rain,have a good day and Bgood2yrselves
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning, cloudy but dry, with a bitterly cold wind,had the dog out a walk and came back founnurt (frozen to the bone) I tried Mr Bones tip for keeping cats off the garden, now looking for a way to keep the dog off and stop her eating the curry powder
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ^Hotter curry powder?

Comment

• Madras curry powder.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thanks girl's, once we go shopping I will pick some up so that OH will pay for it
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                  Thanks girl's, once we go shopping I will pick some up so that OH will pay for it
                  RARY, you've just made my day.
                  It's a very long time since anybody called me a girl.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. Day got off to a bad start, I was still in bed at 8.00am lovely and cosey and then had to get up to put out the wheelie bin to be emptied. I don't often/ever lie in late but really felt like doing so today for some reason.

Anyway, I had intended having my first day of the year at my plot today but was reminded last night that I'm doing a talk to a National Vegetable Society District Association in Dundee on Thursday evening. Eeeek, I thought it wasn't until the end of the Month. No matter though, I had loads of photos taken on the subject - Growing Shallots for exhibition - last year so it was just a case of making up my slide show and then the narrative to go with it. Took me the best part of the day but the weather has been pants all day with snow at times so I didn't grudge the time it took.

Now watching Mary Berry making banoffee pie on playback. . I wasn't able to pay attention to her making French onion soup earlier but I'll play that back again tomorrow

Comment

• Dundee eh, hope you've got your inoculations up to date........................

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                        RARY, you've just made my day.
                        It's a very long time since anybody called me a girl.
                        You are welcome bramble, remember its how you perceive yourself, not how other see you
                        and I can think of another lassie on here who must think shes just a teenager but

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                        I'm doing a talk to a National Vegetable Society District Association in Dundee on Thursday evening. Eeeek, I thought it wasn't until the end of the Month. No matter though, I had loads of photos taken on the subject - Growing Shallots for exhibition - last year so it was just a case of making up my slide show and then the narrative to go with it. Took me the best part of the day but the weather has been pants all day with snow at times so I didn't grudge the time it took.
                        Well AP, glad to see it took you most of the day, which shows you are not one of those, You sow You grow and here's the photos, I remember going to a talk and it was basically that, when asked what the growth medium was, I just throw some things together with peat and mix it, and for feeding it was just a wee bit o this and that. The photos were good but the information was rubbish, all the best to you for Thursday, and if you are ever down this way I will let you give a talk free of charge
                        Knowledge is only good if you pass it on. Goodnight

Comment

• just been out the back with the dog, I think shes (feart in the dark)and its heavy sleety rain, just hope it doesn't turn to snow

Comment

• Good Morning All All the snow has melted! Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all. 9.8 and the sun's out. Better than yesterday
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning Flo et all 10 - 10.6 in the greenhouse been raining over night and light rain at the moment, I spent most of yesterday on the company accounts and I need to finish them off today. I should have kept on top of things but sometime life throws you a curved ball and something gotta give and it's normally those things that you find boring or a PITA.

Have a good one people.
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X