Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning it was a cool 1.3c in my GH at 7ish this morning but the sun soon warmed it up, so today I'll be out there potting on. and making the most of the sunshine.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      ^That's the problem with bespoke items. If the craftsman or woman charges a decent hourly rate for their work, the items work out extremely expensive in comparison with mass-produced things
      Over the years I've made/altered curtains or loose furniture covers, altered clothing and made Victorian-style dolls clothes - but everyone seemed to quibble about the price. They wanted a hand made service at factory prices.
      Trying to explain the cost of materials involved and the (sometimes) hours spent un-picking, tacking, sewing or embroidering seemed to fall on deaf ears Now I only sew for myself and immediate family - much simpler that way
      Should this be in the rant thread? LOL
      Coldish and grey this morning, seed sowing in the greenhouse for me, and then the allotment committee meeting later this after. More plot problems????
      Have a good'un ...

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
        Looks like we will have a bit of sun now for a couple of days at least...so I'm going to try a few hours of weeding.
        It'll be good to get a few more flowers beds cut back and weeded.
        Still o chance of lawn cutting though...far too soppy

Have a great day peeps!..see ya later...
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning, was out of it yesterday as I have a dose of food poisoning, I think it came from some blue cheese I had been eating, as that's the only thing that OH hasn't eaten similar to me as she doesn't like it, and of course I got the "I'm not telling you what to eat, but you won't be eating that again", still in bed so don't know what the weather is like, and hopping my seedlings in the greenhouse are all ok, going to have an other short nap might catch you later
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ^Get better soon.

Comment

• Hope your wallets safe rary

Hope it soon clears up

Comment

• At least you didn't waste the cheese Rary , hope you're feeling better
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Aww...poor rary..hope you feel better soon.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hope you soon feel better Rary.
                    What a lovely day weatherwise, lovely sunshine wall to wall
                    I, however, was at work. Even if you're not out in it, sunshine always makes you feel better doesn't it.
                    My chitting spuds will be planted this week I think
                    Have a lovely evening
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Get well soon Gary.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Awe poor rary,get well soon lad
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Hope you soon feel better Rary.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Where's the new chap that Gary teased about his username initials?
                            D+V...

As others have said, get well soon Gary.
                            sigpic
                            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Thanks for the good wishes folks, up out of bed now but still not venturing far from the toilet, and I am famished, OH won't let me have anything thing to eat, I suppose she is right (though wouldn't tell her that) I had suggested that I go out and check my plants women can be quite bad tempered, when you don't do as they want right need Togo again
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Glad your feeling better rary.
                                I had to Goggle Togo to see why you needed it again. Looks quite hot there - great for your tomatoes.
                                When will you be back?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X