Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny and bright but very windy here. Just got back from taking dog to the vets. Usual jabs, plus now have medicine for a weak bladder for her. X-ray on Wednesday for a limp - pain is in her ankle - to determine whether arthritis or a small fracture. She's 12 in the summer so my money's on arthritis but we'll just have to wait and see.

Had her for 9 years, she helped my children learn to walk and they adore her. I don't like these reminders that she's getting old
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Afternoon all,dry,cloudy and a bit nippy,been running ofspring around this morning,DR with MR,then shopping this afters,i got things to pot on,and plant out,i can see some long plot time comming up,more BB,spudz,brassicas,and not to forget the slug repelant this time,seeds are taking a lot longer to germinate this year,just hope we have a longer summer,sumats edible is bound to grow for us,or the farmers are in big trouble eh,Bgood2yrselves
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• We've just been on a 7 miles cycle ride, it's bright and dry but the wind is bitterly cold.

Comment

• We had a lovely day.
          Did my usual park walk.
          Filled in the goldfish pond when OH fixed it up with decking.
          Emptied lots of old compost into this new space.
          Found a sack of old leaves composting that I had forgotten about.
          Pure gold and broken down completely.
          Did lots of weeding and tidying.
          Just great to spend the day outdoors.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening All

Spent the day in the warm, felt more like January than the end of April today.

Productive use of the day though and managed to keep out of the OH's hair

Comment

• Today started cold and miserable but, as usual, the sun came out and I spent most of the afternoon in the garden with my little furry and feathered friends.
              So many plants emerging from winter hibernation, its like I-Spy, seeing what's growing and racking my brain cell to remember what it is.
              Hope May brings warmer weather tomorrow.
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 30-04-2018, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Glad to hear that the original half a brain cell has grown VC

Comment

• Its taken years to get this big, GL. You're lucky you didn't know me then.
                  Do you remember you sent me some Golden Gate CFBs? I potted them on today - their much sturdier plants than Hunter, Jimenez and Blue Lake - all of which were sown on the same day. 100% germination too. Showing a lot of promise - thank you.

Comment

• Evening all, I too was looking out at stupid o'clock like Jay and Rary and it was very frosty here as well. I managed to clear another sixteen tomato plants out of my greenhouse along with some sweet peas and some kelsae onion plants. My daughter and her brood got the onions sweet peas and 4 of the toms and the rest went to some friends at the allotments. Had a lovely fried breakfast at Tesco and then got the digging fork into gear, Oh my poor back but I do love to see the plot turning black

Comment

• Curse you VC and GL - I now want to buy another packet of CFB - they look really good
                      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Jay your neighbour could have been applauding she pidgins performance of kidding on she is not interested
                        it has been a lovely day today, lots of sunshine, though in the shade quite cold, and I got a lot of work done in the back garden a number of lilies up through and sweet peas planted, now need to move some trays of pansies out of the greenhouse to harden off, and of course every thing in the greenhouse covered as it is supposed to be even colder tonight, remember pass on a smile Goodnight
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All My it's cold! Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo n all. Still in bed with a cup of tea so no idea what's going on outside. Have a good day everyone
                            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Morning All

Cold and bright with a slight frost, currently +1°

Will pop over the plots later and see all is OK and think of something to do tomorrow when we are forecast heavy rain

Comment

• Morning n'alln'all
                                Domestics for me....we seem to be in for a bit of the old sunshine today....so, fingers crossed I might be able to have a chance to get my hands and knees dirty later...

Have a great day peeps.....and Happy May Day ...tis a bank holiday here (Labour Day)and the tradition is to give Lily of the Valley!

See ya later....
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X