Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything is growing, but in slow motion, even the grass is being stopped by the low overnight temperatures of the past week, so it's not all bad news eh

Comment

• Loverly juberly Day here....
      All domestics done...now off to play in the garden! Yipppeee!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• We're having to mow every 5days at the moment burnie!!!
        That's cutting off at least 3" new growth
        If we leave it any longer the mower blocks.
        Good job I enjoy mowing in the sunshine! ( much more satisfying than vacuuming eh?)
        Last edited by Nicos; 05-05-2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• I had to do a major shop today. I pass a friend who is into gardening but lives on one of our new estates with minuscule outside space and really nowhere to propagate anything. So I potted up my excess plants and dropped them off. So 4 hrs, a trip to Ald1 with her and her partner and 2 olive trees and other plants later I’m home. Having waited all this time and a long cold winter, it’s currently too hot to work outside. The work will still be there tomorrow and I don’t need to go anywhere. Currently chilling on the patio with a cold Chardonnay.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

• What a great day.
            Spent the morning watering and potting up my plants.
            Dahlias, Zinnias, broccoli, beetroot,, and spring onions all outdoors now.
            I Sam relieved to say my tomatoes, sweet peppers and chillies made it through the cold spell in the unheated greenhouse.
            Spent the afternoon playing pitch and putt without coats or jackets for the first time this year.
            Home now and relaxing after a lovely day.
            Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Lovely, lovely day. I have been waiting so long to plant my seedlings, put up the pt, etc and the weather was too hot. I will carry on when it cools down again. I’m not complaining.
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

• Evening all. Been a gorgeous day here. Just perfect for mixing compost for show tatties. Still have 150 ltrs to shred and then 375 ltrs to mix. Tis a bit of a slog but I'm nearly there and then it wiill be all over for another year..l'm going to do the shredding bit after tea time and the rest tomorrow. ��

Comment

• Evening All

Full day over the plots and lots done in between ducking for shade. Second batch of beans sown so I can prolong the season a little.

Courgettes were sown Tuesday and just poking through today....only two plants this year! Hope you have all enjoyed the sunshine

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    You didn't have to read some of the "jokes" that were posted here before the Ban - or deal with the flak that followed. People were often offended by the "isms" or they weren't suitable for a family forum. As a Mod, you have to read everything and some were just crude, not funny at all. I love a good laugh but some jokes are best told after a few drinks and in private.
                    You are right VC some jokes are not funny, I considered would I say it in front of my children, before giving a joke. But must say the last part of your post above, surely it depends on who is paying for the drink, I don't think I would be in the mood to laugh if I was paying
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening,had a sesion down the plot this morning,got the BB's all in,ssooooooooooo hot we came home,had several winks,and i just come back from a second visit,potted more toms on,and enjoyed the cooler air,got given 2cape goosberry plants,a first for me,so need to to look up,how to look after them ext,said to be the same tomoz,so it will be diggin graves for tatties,try not earth up,sweet dreams all.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening, it looks like the weather here is as normal, dull with an occasional slever in the wind, OH wanted to take me out to lunch so we went to a GC where we had a nice plate of soup and a scone, then I decided to go to a wholesale animal food supplier for some bird food, then home to some gardening, got some seeds sowed and tatties planted, oh had also dropped in to an aldi's for some of their fuchsia, but didn't get round to opting them up, hope I will get that tomorrow, but we are watching three of the boy's, so may need to entertain them, though it might be an idea to get the to help me, I will think on that. Well have a pleasant day tomorrow, I hope the sun shines for you, and pass on a smile Goodnight
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Early Morning All

Very restless night so decided to get up....can always have a nap over the plots later looking forward to another sunny day of gardening

Have a wonderful Sunday All

Comment

• Mornin GLn'all!

Darn....I see you got the polka dot frock there.
                            Darn....right....grabs the floppy sun hat ....

Cor...looks like we're in for another wonderful day!...hope to wiz around a couple of Vide greniers for craft materials and then back into the garden!
                            Hard to think that 6days ago it was snowing!
                            Have a great day peeps...anyone having a BBQ?

Kettle's on...help yrselves!

Comment

• Morning all, Just having breakfast and catching up with the Vine before going off to the lottie

Have a good one people
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning all. Sunshine again, superb. Agree about catching a nap at the lotty GL, it'll probably be quieter on ours this afternoon than in the back garden.

Enjoy your day
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X