X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'alln'all
    Looks calm but cloudy out there today.
    More domestics for me...never ending is it?...pah...I'd prefer to out there weeding

Snoop..I really feel for you
    Makes my small grumble about the frost getting....yet again...to my mirabelles pale into insignificance.

Hope everyone has a great day...see ya later!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nearly forgot...kettle's on...

Comment

• Good Morning All Lovely day yesterday and started the same today. It was my wedding anniversary yesterday, forgot to mention it! Tea at my daughter's was delightful, she bought a China teapot and some cake stands especially. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Many Congrats for yesterday Flo'nMrFlo
          Afternoon tea?...how lovely!...very thoughtful.

Comment

• Talking of afternoon tea I had a sudden urge to bake yesterday (don't worry, it's not contagious...I think it was purely an evasive exercise trying to avoid the ironing pile!)

This is what I made....

http://www.alsothecrumbsplease.com/h...-torte-recipe/
            Gawd knows why, as I'm still on a diet!

Very fiddly....rediculously high in calories and a bit too sickly for my taste...but...I love the nutty , soft and slightly chewy meringue and will deffo make that as a base instead of pastry from time to time.
            The rest has gone into the freezer...hope it freezes ok!
            Last edited by Nicos; 14-05-2018, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Morning Crew Sunny and 18C forecast for here today, the sun has not hit the top of the garden yet and it's between 8.5 - 8.9C in the Space Saver Greenhouse but 9.7C in the cold frame! That's where my babies went yesterday after being potted on

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-13 Cold Frame 02S.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	2378256

As I have an empty boot, I may do a removal run from my Spencer Road plot to my Mill Green plot this morning, once my little Triffid is up and awake.
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning all. Nicos I'm impressed! Had a lovely day yesterday, youngest did well on bike especially as recovering from chicken pox and back to school today. Bought myself some dark chocolate cited stem ginger from sweetie shop - yum

Work today, looks like being lovely outside so should be good. New customer this morning. Right, off to make lunches as didn't do last night. Have a good day whatever you get up to.
                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Morning it was a cool 6.5c overnight in my GH I expected it being warmer so I'd left my toms in there, cucs still in the kitchen though.

That cake looks pretty Nicos its a bit to sweet for me but you do need a little treat even if you're on a diet.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yes, cool this morning everything looks ok in the greenhouse except a mini-munch cucumber got munched to the stem. Slug pellets at the ready now!

Have a good'un

Comment

• Morning, just a quick hello and then I'm off to the supermarket...will catch up later! It's a beautiful sunny morning but rain is on it's way for tomorrow so going to try mowing the lawn today too.
                      Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Have a great day...glad to hear your youngest is over the chickenpox HH, not a nice thing as I remember with our two.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hi guys, Mr Snoop outside rotavating a bed. It was so bright and windy yesterday that one slightly raised patch has dried out just enough to get JT's lettuce seedlings in. So that's good news.

Me, I'm indoors at the computer. But I can't complain, as I spent a load yesterday on Amazon. Signed up for Prime... Plus, I can't get over all the stuff you can buy. When you live out in the sticks, it's a shock to discover you can have a carbon steel wok and accessories delivered to the post office in your largest nearby town (population all of 2,000). I hope the novelty wears off soon... Though I did spot some carbon steel frying pans and I am fed up of constantly buying non-stick ones...

So, forget all that. On with the show. Have a good day, everyone.

Edited to add: 537 calories for each of twelve servings! And one is never enough... I'd never be able to manage having that in the house, Nicos. Looks far too delicious.
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-05-2018, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Good afternoon, a lovely warm day today, have been out cleaning the patio, while using a pressure washer I could smell burning, so stopped washing and had a look round butt nothing to see, started washing again and again the smell so just kept washing but had a look round again and discovered that it was the pressure washer the smoke was coming from, had it just over two years used about six times and kaput, that's the third one I have bought from Ka-----, my son was on the phone asking me to do something with the boy's, and he offered me a loan of his, the one I bought from lidils and gave to him when I bought the one that burnt out
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evenin!
                            Will someone please come and rescue me from my ironing pile?
                            All the important stuff done....it'd be good to get the rest of it out of the way...maybe tomorrow depending on the weather/my sanity!

Looks like our blue tits and Robin nests are now empty..we've been watching the parents going in and out with grubs...and suddenly it's all gone quiet!
                            Moi?...proud 'granny'? Yup!

Comment

• Concentrate, Nicos!!

Ooops - sorry for distracting you.

Comment

• good evening, as I couldn't power wash my patio I decided to do some weeding and general tidying up, OH decided to give a hand, why are women so fixated on everything being tidy, it was " if you move that tub here and that one there oh and through out that old chair" I use the chair for sawing wood etc. now shes in the huff with me because I said I was keeping the chair, married for --- several years and she still wants to try and change me,,, women, still I don't know what I would do without her, I mean who would do the ironing
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X