Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        Good Morning All Sunny again. Have a good day
        Morning, we're sharing the sunshine again Flo
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Sunshine here too!.....decision made...I have to go shopping

* wonders if OH will notice a few packets of seeds accidentally falling into the shopping trolley

Have a great day peeps-I heard on the radio someone mentioning that it's nearly officially Summer!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Another chilly night. Toms still having to come indoors to sleep. It feels like the seasons are two months behind at the moment. Hard to believe it's nearly officially summer, Nicos.

Anyway, main veg patch is starting to take shape thanks to Mr Snoop. Just have to hope everything catches up.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Morning all,warm 1 again,got some beans in the ground,hopefully can get down plot later one when it's cooled off again,have a good day and Bgood2yrselves.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                If you move that tub here and that one there oh and through out that old chair" I use the chair for sawing wood etc. now shes in the huff with me because I said I was keeping the chair, married for --- several years and she still wants to try and change me,,, women, still I don't know what I would do without her, I mean who would do the ironing
                A man after my own heart, love my little Triffid as I do (I call her that because she can kill a man at 10 paces with one blow of her tongue) SHWBO decided that she wanted to get rid of my good old timber garden furniture, the nice table I used as a saw horse and to sow and do all my potting up on etc. and get some fancy rattan woven light weight well "Crap" is the only word that truly describes it.

So now she can't even get out the back garden because of the steps she can't navigate them and due to the medication she is now on is like a vampire and can't go out in direct sunlight.

When she nags me I have this wonderful Reggie Perring image in my mind of her bursting into flame and then dust due to sunlight exposure.

The good news was that I took said table and bench to the allotment and made a potting station out of it

Click image for larger version

Name:	Potting Bench.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	2378266

I'm taking SWMBO to St Georges today to see the consultant and find out how the medication can be tweaked because the side effects are now kicking in a little and making it difficult for her to breath. Mind you might be easier if I took my hands off her neck I suppose
                Last edited by Cadalot; 15-05-2018, 12:24 PM.
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

• It's bright and sunny here, but N wind making it feel chilly. Got a new (to me) battery mower to play with today takes same batteries as my old strimmer, so I hope if all the batteries inc spares, are charged I can do it all in 1 go Here's hoping..
                  Means all the daises will disappear though but I can leave it any longer.

Have a good'un whatever you're up to!

Comment

• A late good morning from me this morning.
                    OH birthday so all running late.
                    Having a champne late breakfast and then we will see what the birthday boy wants to do for the day.
                    Family arriving in again this evening.
                    Birthdays in our family seem to go on forever in April and May.
                    This is the last one for a while now.
                    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, it was a nice warm morning but now turned cloudy and a lot cooler, watching the boys at present, though all they seem to want to do is go on their PlayStation or Xbox or whatever these game things are called now, me I would ban them, or am I just showing my age, I'm glad I'm not a youngster now, and just young at heart, I feel that I have stuck at 28 for 30 odd years. Need to go dads in
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Late afternoon All

Just left the plots to put plasters on my knuckles as they are dragging on the floor after spending an age watering.

Garlic and autumn planted onions are really enjoying this sunny weather and hopefully it will result in a good crop.

Time for a shower and dinner now

Comment

• Cut the grass and played with my new strimmer, not got used to the thing being cordless, I keep stopping and going to pull the cable round the corner!! First cordless bit of kit that I have actually been impressed enough with to go and buy one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                            Got a new (to me) battery mower to play with today takes same batteries as my old strimmer, so I hope if all the batteries inc spares, are charged I can do it all in 1 go Here's hoping..
                            Means all the daises will disappear though but I can't leave it any longer.
                            Didn't quite do it all with the mower, but the grass was long and I finished the job with the strimmer I think once it is all cut short, then keeping it short will be a doddle Good bit of kit IMO

Comment

• Very-local weather is being a pain in the butt at the moment - sea mist is hitting my village and the ones either side - go a mile and a half east or west along the coast and its lovely - here its been like something out of 'The Fog' by James Herbert
                              Last edited by Baldy; 15-05-2018, 08:01 PM.
                              sigpic
                              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Looks quite nice out there for me!
                                Think I may have helped 2peeps out last night....met a guy who is setting up a small coffee/bookshop in our village who is looking for donated books....and I have 2english friends heading back to the uk in a couple of months who , between them have stonks of books to dispose of....hopefully, if I'm not too late, I'll introduce him to them...

Having decided never to grow toms again (blight) guess who accidentally picked up two Crimean Black plants yesterday...we only went in for 3 trailing geraniums!
                                60 cents each (50p) and they are already about a foot high and very healthy looking!

First swim of the year this afternoon....not sure if I'm looking forward to it...need to kick start the ol' blubber loss again.....

Have a great day peeps-it'll be weekend before ya know it!
                                ....kettle's on!
                                See ya later....
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X