• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Nicos and All Grey and windy. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All

Mix of sun and cloud here but definitely cooler.

Shopping today

Enjoy your Wednesday

Comment

• Morning All - Gray and cooler here as well, did my morning nip out in the PJ's as usual to check on things and water in the Space Saver Greenhouse. but decided I would leave the door closed and the Coldframe shut today unless the sun comes out.

Have a good one everyone
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning all, mix of sun and cloud here too, no wind either which is a bonus. Spent a couple of full days on the lotty enjoying the sun but have a guest arriving today so started a ciabatta loaf last night and now have it resting at the next stage.

Enjoy the day
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• So page 404, a number that will eventually take over from 13 as unlucky (error 404 not found)

Right, that's enough silliness.

Brightish today but a chilly start.

Hope today is as productive as yesterday. Got absolutely masses of paid work out of the way.

Not much other news. Half-price chicken/rabbit runs arrived yesterday from Amazon. Mr Snoop says they weigh a ton. Ordinarily we'd build our own, but there are too many other things to do before building work starts, and at half price they seemed good value.

Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

• Good morning,a lovely sunny morning at my daughter's and sitting near her patio doors and the Sun beating in and it is warm the overnight temperature was 4c, will be taking it easy today as legs are a bit sore after laying some slabs last night OH wanted a path altered so her request is my command, when she wants anything it's to be done right away, but if I want anything, I have to wait, the sooner we have equality the better, in fact I will start a campaign demanding this,,, if she lets me
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Quite cool here, 12C with a strong NE breeze, so I reckon it's a catch-up with housework and then read a book kind of day. Right now I'm trying to resist putting the heating back on again

Have a good'un!

Comment

• Morning all. Cooler here today as well. Taking dog for her laser therapy in a bit and expecting a massive bill to pay Lots of domestics to do, and a customer to visit. When will OH learn to put things away and not just dump them in a heap for me to do

Youngest much better, eldest has a sore elbow, bashed it at climbing last night. Right, got to move cars around on drive before vets. Have a good one whatever you're up to.
                  Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                    the sooner we have equality the better, in fact I will start a campaign demanding this,,, if she lets me
                    Well said that man tis really funny how things work like that, but I taught my little triffid early on that there are reasons men do things they way they do. I was installing some boarding in the loft and screwing it down, drilling pilot holes and countersinking and SWMBO informed me that her Dad would have just nailed the timbers, and that I was making a mountain out of a mole hill of a job and should be able to do it faster.

OK said I, I'll do it your way, I went and got a hammer and some nails and said to her "just watch the ceiling and you tell me when you want me to stop!"

She looked at me somewhat puzzled and then asked why she needed to look at the ceiling

"You'll see" I said, and proceeded to hammer a nail into the ceiling joist.

Stop Stop Stop!

Why do you want me to stop?

Because there are circles of ceiling falling off!

Yep that will be the skim over the fixing holding the plasterboard to the ceiling joists and that's why I'm screwing and not hammering nails. Shall I now return to the way I was doing it before ?

Well you can guess the answer and I left the damaged ceiling for some time before I repaired it, and often remind her of it when I get questioned why I do things the way I do.

It's far easier to train a puppy than a wife
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      12 deg and A little on the cool side.
                      Off into town to have an eye test.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,thankgoodness ti's cooler,plot calls,lunch sounds good into the bargain,maybe omlette with things in it,hope MR is up for it,had is hospital visit yesterday,got to go for a scan and biopsy,he says he does NOT want to talk about it,men and their feelings,so about 5 weeks before results off that test,time will fly as usual am sure,have a good day all.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Happy Wendsdy evening!
                          Been playing in the garden for most of it - nothing to show for it though!

Now, don't take this the wrong way, but I have a Great Tit in my cavity - or is it my vent?
                          Its a bit of a shock, I can tell you.
                          I was in the bedroom when I realised something was amiss - it was the cheeping - coming from somewhere it didn't ought to.
                          Thought I'd better go outside and get some fresh air and then I saw it - a Great Tit with a full beak, flying up to the ventilation grill in the wall under the eaves. Hope the chicks don't eat too much, they need to be able to squeeze out through the grill.
                          It explains why the dogs keep staring at the roof, they knew but they didn't bother to tell me. I suppose that's what they mean by Watch dogs?

On another note, has anyone else noticed that the Vine keeps going down - last night and this afternoon. Is there maintenance going on, does anyone know?

Comment

• No idea about the maintenance VC' but I've noticed a few times over the last couple of days that ,on occasion , it's taking ages to send a post or pm I've made.

Guess who went swimming yesterday -I'm aching all over at the moment!
                            Last edited by Nicos; 17-05-2018, 02:20 AM.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Cooler again but sunny here. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin all,warm again,had to water the home beds last night,they needed it,the vine is very slow at times,and a bit odd when posting,not planning today,what comes,gets done or not,but do need to sort more of the garden out,have a good day,and Bgood2yrselves
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X