X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happyhumph
    replied
    Evening all. Went to the local plant sale this morning to get tomatoes as didn't get round to sowing any this year. Also got some chili's, french tarragon and perrenial onions.

Finally managed some seed sowing today may have overdone it it on the squash front - 30 courgette and 30+ winter squash

OH took children to beach while I was out, and now have a large bowl of cockles purging in seawater in the fridge. OH off to the shops, think I'm meant to do some washing up. Have a nice evening all

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Evening all. It hasn't been hot and it hasn't been cold yet it hasn't been warm either. Well I guess it's still April and as Rary said, it's been a funny old day. I've done a bit of seed sowing - Tuscan Kale and the first sowing of Cauliflower for exhibition. Caulies are murder to try to time so multiple sowings needed.
    Also pricked out some Faulds parsley and potted on some tomato plants for my mates at the plots. Finally planted out the collection of penstemons I bought from Hayloft plants last year, 19 out of the 24 I bought survived the winter in the unheated greenhouse which given the weather we've had isn't too bad. Penstemons are one of my favourite flowering plants so i'm looking forward to seeing them in bloom

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good evening, its been a funny day here today, going from warm to cold, and one or two showers nothing heavy but enough to make you move inside, was down towards Ayr and noted that there is still snow on the Galloway hills, and also on Arran, and while the snow is there it will remain cool, watching the boy's today and just getting ready to go down to cover my plants with fleece as the forecast is for 2c overnight

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    My little dove 'friend' is still there...he now has another friend and she likes cooing to, Anyone any idea why they are hanging around in the one place cooing all day long...it's driving me insane!

sowed some grass seed on the bare patch under the bird feeders.[/QUOTE]
    You possibly provided the answer yourself with mentioning the feeders
    I had the same problem a couple of years ago, pigeons sitting on a lamppost and cooing from 4am, I squirted water at the several times, never ever hit them buttress enough to move them away, it was either that or the pile of stones I had collected, or again they may have seen me reading " how to make a pigeon pie"

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Oh and meant to day had our lunch in the garden today...first of the year!

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Afternoon/Evening all, turned out a lovely day here and summer is definitely on the way, the noise of the neighbours lawnmowers has been going all afternoon and we finally managed to get our lawn cut too!
    My little dove 'friend' is still there...he now has another friend and she likes cooing too! Anyone any idea why they are hanging around in the one place cooing all day long...it's driving me insane!
    Lovely being in the garden most of the day, sorted out the strawberries and sowed some grass seed on the bare patch under the bird feeders. Great day all in all. Hope you all had a lovely day too!
    Just reading above and had to say my Camelia has got its first ever flowers on...yay!
    Last edited by Jay22; 28-04-2018, 04:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    We have blazing sunshine and 12 degrees up here(now that is normal for June and July), so enjoying the rays, bit of very dark clouds around, but no rain yet. Minimum in the greenhouse last night was 10 degrees, now 24 in there with all the windows open.

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post

I've just picked the first of our lilac flowers....mmmmmm....mmmmm ( that should be on the Happy thread eh?)
    My lilac has just about got buds on it, so a week or 2 away from flowering yet.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    GL??...you got those chairs fixed yet?

OK?..if you are keeping up with me, it's window cleaning now....
    ( mine are covered with yellow pollen from one of the neighbouring trees. You should see my poor car!

I've just picked the first of our lilac flowers....mmmmmm....mmmmm ( that should be on the Happy thread eh?)

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Greenhouse was down at 5c overnight and that was even with a fire on, so must have been very cold last night, lifted some soil from a neighbour who is wanting to clear an area and was going to mix it with some compost as OH has some roses she wants put into tubs but the soil is just too cold to plant roses into also lifted some ferns that I had growing in a side bit of the garden clear them out while I can then maybe I will be able to join GL and Nicos and just sit about

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    Sitting in a Wetherspoons waiting for a friend who has her fortnightly visit to take her children out. I’ve had a coffee and would like a refill but don’t want to lose my seat and don’t want to leave my belongings unattended. If I lose my seat I will have to sit on one of those tall stools. Having short legs I have trouble scrambling on to them (inelegantly) and then they cut the blood off to my feet as the rungs are too low. Then I have to keep getting on and off to get rid of the pins and needles.

I have seeds to plant and I AM going to put my pt up even if I have to do it in the rain. I need to get my plants out of the kitchen, they’re taking over.

Morning all!

Leave a comment:

• Greenleaves
    replied
    Morning All

Grey, dank and cold 6°. Thankfully my weekends are 7 days long

I have so much to do over the plots but the weather is throwing a spanner in the works! That said I shall still find plenty to do, may even take a lead from Nicos and give the chairs a lick of paint.

Whatever your plans enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Morning all,wet here again,heating still on,going down the plot later on,to play with compost and seeds inside,plus bit more potting on,squash and melons just breaking the surface in the prop,in only a few days,am only using up the old seeds,waste not want not .
    Cad i do like them,put a little wire frame in 1 grow something blue and have a marge simpson,in fact the complete set,make a change from the gnome's .
    Bgood2yrselves

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    So, 5 mm of rain yesterday. Not much, but enough to make the surface muddy. And it'll be rain on and off till the middle of May, by the looks of the forecasts.

Not very sure what to do now. Was hoping to do a lot of sowing direct this year, but perhaps I should sow in modules and pots after all and keep them in cold frames. I was already behind but thought I'd be able to catch up. However, the weather has caught me out this year and now I'm very, very, very behind. Might have to scale back quite a bit... But I shouldn't be complaining really.

Better go and weed my overwintered onions while the weeds will slip out nice and easy.

Have a jolly day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good morning All Bright and sunny but chilly again. Plenty cooking again today, I'm having visitors tomorrow. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X