X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    I brought all my g/house stuff in because it felt as if it was getting cold last night but according to the thermometer the temp never went below 9C. Weird! Anyway back 'up' to 11C so it's all gone back outside again now.
    It's grey and drizzley so no gardening apart from moving the begonias into bigger pots now they have some big leaves

I broke my own rule and actually bought another dahlia collection as Mrs Raven offered them to me at half price, very kind of her, wasn't it? Now I'm wondering where the hell I'm going to grow them
    Plenty of time to do that today though, with the weather keeping me inside.

Have a good'un everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Cadalot
    replied
    Morning Crew, it has to be said I'm blinking fed up with the weather, rain rain and more rain and now the temperatures are dropping again after a leap from Winter to Summer we are now returning to the start of Spring no wonder my Rhubarb has bolted. I lost my brassicas to the heat and now more than likely the tomatoes to the cold. Tell me again why I bother growing my own grub?

I've bought Baby Groot to cheer myself up

Click image for larger version

Name:	Baby Groot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	2377484

I'm thinking sow Chives in his head pot and then trim as a crew cut
    Last edited by Cadalot; 28-04-2018, 07:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning, bright at the moment but big clouds moving in, not been outside yet as just having a lazy start to the day as we have two of the boy's from midday, parents are going to a wedding, and I have to pick them up about 1am. Well enjoy your day whatever the weather

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning we've got similar temps here MrB so my toms won't be spending the day in the GH.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning All. Well it slung it down all day yesterday, today it's 5.9 and just started raining again.

Happy Saturdays

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    Early start....garden chairs to fix today...funny how they become wobbly over the years!...bit like me I s'ppose!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon, glad I wore a coat it rained on the walk back from the shops and not stopped since. A bit of potting on but thats about it for the GH today.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Morning all,dull damp day here,fairy busy and home looking better for it,when she here,it makes me tidy up,before she cleans a room,right of to get the kitchen ready next room,said goodby to lottie friend,and the sun shone out,rest in peace.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning all, lovely sunny morning this morning and guess what...my little collared dove friend is still there cooing constantly, wish he’d find a girlfriend and get lost!!!
    Domestics for me today, oh great, other than that not a lot on. Wish the weather would warm up.
    Anyhoo hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are doing!

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    A dull wet morning here and temp just 8 deg. Seems to be going backwards.
    Not too bothered about the wet morning as I have to go to the hairdressers at eleven o'clock.
    Hoping for a better afternoon.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    Domestics and weeding for me today. Just got one more flower border ( the biggest) and the strawberry bed to finish off weeding then I can concentrate on the veggies!
    Looks like we are in for frosts next week so I'd like to get that done before then. Always flexible targets eh?

Have a great day peeps..see ya later.

Leave a comment:

• Greenleaves
    replied
    Morning All

Currently 8.5° and a chill wind, I have physio this morning on my arm so will no doubt be sore later. Loads of potting on to do so may give that a bash but whatever I do will be indoors looking at the afternoons forecast

I hope you all have a pleasantly rewarding Friday

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    No sun today and only 9C, so a plot visit is unlikely *sigh* Grumpy this morning cos next doors 2 little dogs are in barking mode, I wish they came with an off switch :eek

Right - finish cuppa and get all my babies off the dining room table and back out into the greenhouse for a start
    I still can't get it into my head that I might as well sow them all 2 weeks later and not bother with all this toing and froing Is it really worth it, just to get tomatoes 2 weeks earlier?

Have a good'un!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning, all. A bit of a later start today. Bright blue skies. Hard to believe we're due heavy thunderstorms in an hour or so.

Anyway, dogs a bit mopey this morning due to Mr Snoop's absence. One has decided he's on hunger strike. Wouldn't be a bad idea if I did the same!

One of the cats is obviously feeling sorry for me being on my own and left me a lovely present by the bed this morning: rat innards, back leg and tail.Only a country rat, so not a big city-dweller, but still... Just as well I didn't step in it. Yuk.

So, off to lift some more old brassica bits this morning. Then paid work and a bit of housework.

Hope you all have a jolly Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning its dry and cool here might have to wear a coat today

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X