X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rary
    replied
    Good morning a nice sunny morning blue sky with some light cloud, looks lovely till you look over to the west where there are big black clouds on the horizon, let's hope they stay there, is that VC trying a name that tune with her post last night, if so I need more clues as I am no good with these old tunes from way before my time. Well soon be the weekend so enjoy your day and pass on a smile

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All and Happy Friday Dry and cold here. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
    I'm going mad...for the past few days a turtle dove has been sitting on our neighbours roof coo cooing from about 4 am until dusk...continually! Is it just the time of year? It's a lovely sound but not all day long, it gets in your head! Aargh!!
    Is it the one that goes "Cuck coo coo cuckoo, cuck coo coo cuckoo"?
    It makes me think of Ella Fitgerald and I have to finish the song............

...But I can weather the storm, what do I care if icicles form, I've got my love to keep me warm".

No more clues.

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
    I'm going mad...for the past few days a turtle dove has been sitting on our neighbours roof coo cooing from about 4 am until dusk...continually! Is it just the time of year? It's a lovely sound but not all day long, it gets in your head! Aargh!!
    Pigeons sit on my chimney and coo. Since it’s the sort of chimney they used to send little boys up, it acts like a megaphone and the noise can get very irritating when you’re sitting next to the fireplace.

Leave a comment:

• nickdub
    replied
    "...I have made a tent inside the greenhouse from a frame of an old play tent from the grandkids.
    Can't bring them back inside as they are in large flower buckets."

I don't consider myself any sort of child care expert, but are the grandkids going to be OK if they are just left in large flower buckets ? seems an odd way of bringing them up, still I expect they have i-phones to keep themselves occupied ...

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good evening all.
    The weather has been much the same, showers and sunny spells.
    Most of my tomatoes and chilli are in the unheated greenhouse 10 days now
    I Have been covering them with fleece,and newspaper.
    I have made a tent inside the greenhouse from a frame of an old play tent from the grandkids.
    Can't bring them back inside as they are in large flower buckets.
    Keeping my fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Afternoon Folks, it had not been a nice day here today, some heavy showers and a cold wind blowing, was at another funeral to day, sadly a young neighbour, up watching the boy's just now, but hope to get out to the greenhouse after, I note a number of Grapes take their plants into the house at night, if I tried that I would get my "heid in ma hauns ta play wi" or if you prefer, my head in my hands to play with, as OH frowns on me bringing any plants or soil etc. into the house, just because I accidentally caused a laminated floor to blister I don't know why she complains as got a new floor out of it, right need to go and get ready To go to my son's as daughter will be in shortly
    Last edited by rary; 26-04-2018, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning all...Happy Birthday to Nicos' son! I can beat that, mine was 9lbs 8oz and arrive in 1 ½ hours!! He's now 6'3" but weighs just about the same...we call him the racing snake!
    Anyhoo, weather is not too bad here, sun in between the passing showers. Grass is growing so fast now but lawn is too wet to mow so garden is not looking at its best yet. Lovely to see all the blossom coming on the fruit trees though.
    Well, hope you all have a great day and glad all went well at the hospital Burnie!

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Morning all,9lb Nicos.owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwcha happy birthday,we also got that heating back on,no sence in being cold and misserable is there,will have a look at them teas,saying goodby to my lottie friend this afternoon ,sun and cold here,have a good day all and Bgood2yrselves

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Happy birthday to your son Nicos.

Good morning all.
    8 deg and a cool breeze but it's dry.l
    Off to the park for my walk and hopefully some gardening later.
    No other plans for today so playing it by the weather.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    I've been in the greenhouse this morning, overnight temp down to 5 last night but the tommies and French beans are ok in the blowaway in there. Hardier stuff like brassicas are outside the blowaway, but still inside the greenhouse, peas and broad beans will be hardened off outside later this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Morning, it was much cooler at 6.8c in my GH overnight glad I took my toms back into the house.
    Me too evening forecast said low of 9/10C, just as well I didn't believe them!
    Looks lovely out there, but it's only just 10C, so winter woollies on for an allotment visit after another cup of coffee and a bun

Have a good'un!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning, it was much cooler at 6.8c in my GH overnight glad I took my toms back into the house.
    Off to google Pukka teas and see what I'm missing out on.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning girls, rain here as well, need to try that tea Nicos, as I intend to keep that weight that I lost off, though the best thing I am doing for that is going to bed earlier so that I am not eating sandwiches about midnight, right off to make my porridge, enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X