X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burnie
    replied
    All my tommies now potted on, got a few swaps as pretty much every seed seems to have germinated.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon, it has turned cold and wet here now, though this morning I did manage to finish of the grass area the decking wood I have surrounding it for a path was capping so lifted it and drove in some posts to allow me to screw it down, I reckon by the time the posts rot the plan's will have weathered enough to stay flat, also got all the soil filled in level with the decking and grass seed sowed, and now plenty of rain to water it in, and tonight I will hopefully get the rest of my seedlings pricked out, still a couple of trays of marigolds, two of pansies and a tray of dahlias to do. Right need to go and feed the boy's and I think I will need to put they eating on as it has definitely cooled down

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Afternoon all. Been a day of showers and sunshine and some squally gusts as well. I spent a good while in the greenhouse pricking out some dwarf asters. 70 pricked out and there's 30 plus left in the tray so a really good value packet of seed. I've got to do the same with a tray of French Marigolds - variety Colossus and some annual Chrysanthemums. Costs a bomb to buy these numbers from a Garden Centre but it is very time consuming.

Leave a comment:

• Greenleaves
    replied
    Afters All

The weather has certainly cooled down significantly after the last few days but was nice to be able to do something without melting.

The warmth and rain have definitely got the onions and broadies going....even have a row of parsnips Showing!

Hope you have all had a good Monday

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    Enough that a friend of our host is selling her villa, we are seriously tempted.

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    No chat on the Rant thread so to Roitlet, get a watering system from Sr3wf1x. It’s far more reliable than people as my daughter found out last year. They are actually cheaper than any GC I’ve been to.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Good to see you Janie...and that you are having a great time...enough to go back again eh????
    Hope you feel refreshed/rested once you get over the journey home

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    Home today (later on). We’re trying to finish the food and booze. It’s soooo hard . Really, we’re here with the owner as his guests and he has his private part of the villa so anything keepable is going in his freezer/storage as we’re coming back in June.

I’m actually peeling without having got burnt. I’ve loved my holiday but I really want to get home to my dogs, plants, normal morning cereal.

Oh, and message to Snoops, thanks for the advice, the cake is a great success and they’ve sprayed cream over it and are finishing off as I type.

All nighter trip home. Tomorrow’s.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Dull start to the morning and the sky quite overcast,
    Nothing on the cards for today which makes a change,
    I am sure I will find plrnty to fill up my day.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
    Good morning people, looks to be another nice sunny day, have a good one
    Its the same here Cad I can get used to this

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Suns out having a lazy one today after chasing trains and climbing mountains on Saturday, have an Endoscopy tomorrow, so there's something to look forward too..........or not.

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Mornings, up and showered early today, bit of a shock to the system

Going shopping and coffee drinking with my daughter this morning, and would get told off if I wasn't ready in time

Have a good'un - see you later ...

Leave a comment:

• happyhumph
    replied
    Morning all. Not meant to be working today but raining tomorrow so looks like I will be. Lovely day yesterday, went to the beach for dinner - sausage and chips for children and fish and chips for OH and I (small portions though!)

Then all played on beach including dog. Looked for razor clams but tide not low enough. Did get some cockles which are currently purging in a bowl of seawater in the fridge, ready for eldest to try tonight - thinking butter, garlic, shallots, white wine and a bit of cream - yum!

Have a good day whatever you do, better get myself and children dressed now..

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Cloudy here. Perfect for gardening. Except I'm working even though I'm on holiday. How did that happen?
    What an idiot I am.

Anyway, good day yesterday at the fair. Bought some lovely olive oil and olives. Avoided all the usual fair tat. So well done me.

Today's plans: get some work done, more weeding, get shallots and the first early and main crop spuds in. Sounds a bit ambitious, to be honest...

Have a jolly day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    Today has been designated a gardening day for both of us....best get out there then!

Have a great day peeps...see ya later...

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X