X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning, we had a bit of rain yesterday evening not enough to wet the soil though looks like a bit of a lunch time showers due but that's it for today. So I'll be wearing my shorts and t-shirt.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Well the nice morning didn't last now heavy rain, though the rain is warm

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
    Oooh a bit harsh VC
    No Thelma, I suppose I should be grateful getting advice from an much older person, as I am getting to an age where people much older than me are getting scarce, so keep going VC your advice is much appreciated

Leave a comment:

• Greenleaves
    replied
    Morning All

Tremendous thunder and lightning last night and significant rain. Today is sunny at the moment with outside temps of 18°

Off for a walk this morning and hopefully the plots later

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Afternoon Flo!

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Another sunny one. My daughter is in Portugal, so when ants invaded her home last night, the Golden Girls rang me at gone midnight for advice - luckily I was still up. When the phone rings so late you expect the worse. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Had quite a productive session yesterday, but got too hot and had to stop. Need to start getting up earlier if I'm to get much done. Didn't manage it today, mind... And Mr Snoop has just made me an absolutely fantastic frothy coffee, so that will hold me up a bit longer.

Agricultural fair this weekend, so will go and show my face and buy some of the local olive oil and goodness knows whatever else. Better not spend too much, after spending a small fortune on Friday.

Right, better get cracking on this coffee so I can go and get rid of some more weeds.

Have a good Sunday, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    You'd need a bucket of the stuff at your age.
    Oooh a bit harsh VC

Rain overnight didn't hear anything though T&L was forecast for last night and today. Sunny and warm atm though Washed quilts early and hope I can get them dry outside - fingers crossed.

More sowing and potting on to do today in the warm, after that I'll just be bumbling around in the garden - see if my back is up to a bit of weeding

Have a good'un whatever you're up to!
    Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 22-04-2018, 06:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good morning, still dry, but high cloud, hopefully it will clear up and stay dry, going to check the greenhouse, then get ready for church, enjoy the day whatever you are doing

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    We had wonderful flashing lights here for several hours last night....and not a drop of rain!
    Looks like the watering of tubs is going to be needed today, some of the plants have started wilting!
    Vide Grenier today for craft things...then veg plots...hopefully!
    Have a great day peeps....see ya later....

Leave a comment:

• jackarmy
    replied
    Hi all

looked for the footy banter thread but its been shut down , so, looking good for the south welsh derby back in the prem VC .
    cracking weather and loadsa work done the last few days, boogered up now though

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Originally posted by rary View Post
    it was a Rowan tree, now there's something about Rowan trees and certain people not wanting to walk past them, possibly the VC will know after all she has a lot of trees, though I don't recollect her mentioning a Rowan, perhaps she doesn't like them either
    Good evening everyone! Its been a bit cooler today but the sun still shone as usual.

Rary, I have a Rowan tree - as did my ancestor, Hebe, the Goddess of Youth who dispensed rejuvenating ambrosia beneath the rowan tree. You'd need a bucket of the stuff at your age.

Hope you've all had a good day.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    What a glorious day we have had in the Highlands 16 degrees might not break any records but up here in April we'll take that thank you.
    Some pictures:-
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BM1K6921.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	2377399
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BM1K7002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	2377400
    Winter still hanging on.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good evening, a lovely day here today, got a good bit of work done this morning then went out to a GC for a bite to eat, but was back home just after two so spent a bit more time in the garden, needed to move a tree, then remove a tree the one I was removing was at the gate into the back grass, and OH wasn't happy with it there, it was a Rowan tree, now there's something about Rowan trees and certain people not wanting to walk past them, possibly the VC will know after all she has a lot of trees, though I don't recollect her mentioning a Rowan, perhaps she doesn't like them either
    Anyway after I got the tree out along with a root system that was showing just at the grass level, we went out for a fish supper which we ate at the shore as it was a lovely night, once back home I,decided to redo the shelf I had made the other day, I decided to make it the full length of the greenhouse, now that is complete I am shattered, so of to,relax and read a book, enjoy tomorrow no matter what the weather, pass on a smile. Goodnight

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    ^^^^^ sorry to read the FF, but I would hold on a bit if you are going to reduce your hours you might want to spend a bit more time with the veg. there's not much funnier sitting watching grass grow, well we are talking lawn grass

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X