X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Afternoon all. Cracking day up here today. Spent the morning in the plot or at tleast what was left of the morning after trailing 15 miles or so in a queue of traffic behind a pick up truck pulling a livestock trailer. Never got above 30 mph. 22 vehicles between me and the trailer and at least another 40 behind me by the time it turned off. Numerous lay by's passed but no attempt to pull in to let the traffic past. Grrrrh. Anyway, should maybe have put that in the rant thread but I honestly wasn't intending to rant until I'd ranted. Got my shallots planted out at last. They've been in trays at home for an age and taking up precious time being watered but no more of that.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Spent a fortune at the shops. Almost all of it for the veg patch... Not much more to come. Just all the pipes and hose and assorted other accessories for the automatic watering set-up...

I'm a jolly soul this afternoon. Or I will be when I've finished the last bit of work for the next few days. Proper gardening leave!

Leave a comment:

• KevinM67
    replied
    Afternoon All,

Absolutely beautiful here - stuck in the office all day.

Happy gardening everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Deano's "Diggin It"
    replied
    Hi Everyone!

Errands now run, the sun is trying in dribs n drabs, how uplifting is a little sunshine!

Been to the GC for some plant food, God I could spend a fortune in there, but resisted the temptation!

Right! On with pricking out and potting on!

Have fun and play nicely!

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morni g all.
    Beautiful day again.
    Spending it in the garden.
    Thinking of moving my tomatoes into the greenhouse.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Mornin n'alln'all

then guess what I'll be doing today?
    err no idea, gi's a clue

Leave a comment:

• Baldy
    replied
    Devon looks like its getting some lovely weather today (unless you live on the North coast, in which case a sea mist is enveloping everything)

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all

Just got to collect one of the repaired lawn mowers , then guess what I'll be doing today?

I'm also hoping to rub down and paint a couple of benches which are looking very worse for wear....
    See ya later peeps!

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Morning all,must go check on mine down the plot,looks like another scorcher then,Bgood2yrselves.

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
    Morning people another scorcher today and I've lost my brassica seedlings to the ball in the sky so looks like I shall have to re sow some. Doh!
    Fried a few of mine as well - and this was already my third attempt doh! will have to rig up some greenhouse shading as more potting on to do today.
    Another lovely sunny morning here, must get the garden lawn cut, it needs a good scalping as I've sort of forgotten about it trying to catch up on the allotment *blush*
    Have a good'un!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Bright but chilly again. Disposed of the wasps in the compost bin at 1.00 am, when it was too cold for them to fight back. Missed one, but it was still too torpid to do anything early this morning.

Sun's up. Tomato seeds are outside, hopefully feeling comfortable and warm. Bit of work, then shopping then more weeding today and start off my leek seeds at long last. Possibly a bit late for the mammoth ones I was thinking of starting off for a friend who likes outsize veg.

Anyway, on with the show. Catch you later. Have a good day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• happyhumph
    replied
    Morning all. Haven't had the heatwave here, just a nice dry 14 degrees. Minor crisis this morning, out of milk and the milkman hasn't arrived, so children having baguette for breakfast. Have a good day all...

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning, yesterday was the hottest yet for us at 34.8c in my GH.

Leave a comment:

• Greenleaves
    replied
    Morning All

14.3° and climbing....another trip to the plot is in order today

Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts

Leave a comment:

• Cadalot
    replied
    Morning people another scorcher today and I've lost my brassica seedlings to the ball in the sky so looks like I shall have to re sow some. Doh!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X