X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    It's bright and sunny here, but N wind making it feel chilly. Got a new (to me) battery mower to play with today takes same batteries as my old strimmer, so I hope if all the batteries inc spares, are charged I can do it all in 1 go Here's hoping..
    Means all the daises will disappear though but I can leave it any longer.

Have a good'un whatever you're up to!

Leave a comment:

• Cadalot
    replied
    Originally posted by rary View Post
    If you move that tub here and that one there oh and through out that old chair" I use the chair for sawing wood etc. now shes in the huff with me because I said I was keeping the chair, married for --- several years and she still wants to try and change me,,, women, still I don't know what I would do without her, I mean who would do the ironing
    A man after my own heart, love my little Triffid as I do (I call her that because she can kill a man at 10 paces with one blow of her tongue) SHWBO decided that she wanted to get rid of my good old timber garden furniture, the nice table I used as a saw horse and to sow and do all my potting up on etc. and get some fancy rattan woven light weight well "Crap" is the only word that truly describes it.

So now she can't even get out the back garden because of the steps she can't navigate them and due to the medication she is now on is like a vampire and can't go out in direct sunlight.

When she nags me I have this wonderful Reggie Perring image in my mind of her bursting into flame and then dust due to sunlight exposure.

The good news was that I took said table and bench to the allotment and made a potting station out of it

Click image for larger version

Name:	Potting Bench.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	2378266

I'm taking SWMBO to St Georges today to see the consultant and find out how the medication can be tweaked because the side effects are now kicking in a little and making it difficult for her to breath. Mind you might be easier if I took my hands off her neck I suppose
    Last edited by Cadalot; 15-05-2018, 12:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Morning all,warm 1 again,got some beans in the ground,hopefully can get down plot later one when it's cooled off again,have a good day and Bgood2yrselves.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Another chilly night. Toms still having to come indoors to sleep. It feels like the seasons are two months behind at the moment. Hard to believe it's nearly officially summer, Nicos.

Anyway, main veg patch is starting to take shape thanks to Mr Snoop. Just have to hope everything catches up.

Have a great day everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all

Sunshine here too!.....decision made...I have to go shopping

* wonders if OH will notice a few packets of seeds accidentally falling into the shopping trolley

Have a great day peeps-I heard on the radio someone mentioning that it's nearly officially Summer!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    Good Morning All Sunny again. Have a good day
    Morning, we're sharing the sunshine again Flo

Leave a comment:

• Greenleaves
    replied
    Morning All

Wet also have the sun Flo but without yesterday's stiff breeze

Have a good Tuesday everyone

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Sunny again. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    good evening, as I couldn't power wash my patio I decided to do some weeding and general tidying up, OH decided to give a hand, why are women so fixated on everything being tidy, it was " if you move that tub here and that one there oh and through out that old chair" I use the chair for sawing wood etc. now shes in the huff with me because I said I was keeping the chair, married for --- several years and she still wants to try and change me,,, women, still I don't know what I would do without her, I mean who would do the ironing

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Concentrate, Nicos!!

Ooops - sorry for distracting you.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Evenin!
    Will someone please come and rescue me from my ironing pile?
    All the important stuff done....it'd be good to get the rest of it out of the way...maybe tomorrow depending on the weather/my sanity!

Looks like our blue tits and Robin nests are now empty..we've been watching the parents going in and out with grubs...and suddenly it's all gone quiet!
    Moi?...proud 'granny'? Yup!

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon, a lovely warm day today, have been out cleaning the patio, while using a pressure washer I could smell burning, so stopped washing and had a look round butt nothing to see, started washing again and again the smell so just kept washing but had a look round again and discovered that it was the pressure washer the smoke was coming from, had it just over two years used about six times and kaput, that's the third one I have bought from Ka-----, my son was on the phone asking me to do something with the boy's, and he offered me a loan of his, the one I bought from lidils and gave to him when I bought the one that burnt out

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Hi guys, Mr Snoop outside rotavating a bed. It was so bright and windy yesterday that one slightly raised patch has dried out just enough to get JT's lettuce seedlings in. So that's good news.

Me, I'm indoors at the computer. But I can't complain, as I spent a load yesterday on Amazon. Signed up for Prime... Plus, I can't get over all the stuff you can buy. When you live out in the sticks, it's a shock to discover you can have a carbon steel wok and accessories delivered to the post office in your largest nearby town (population all of 2,000). I hope the novelty wears off soon... Though I did spot some carbon steel frying pans and I am fed up of constantly buying non-stick ones...

So, forget all that. On with the show. Have a good day, everyone.

Edited to add: 537 calories for each of twelve servings! And one is never enough... I'd never be able to manage having that in the house, Nicos. Looks far too delicious.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-05-2018, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning, just a quick hello and then I'm off to the supermarket...will catch up later! It's a beautiful sunny morning but rain is on it's way for tomorrow so going to try mowing the lawn today too.
    Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Have a great day...glad to hear your youngest is over the chickenpox HH, not a nice thing as I remember with our two.

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Yes, cool this morning everything looks ok in the greenhouse except a mini-munch cucumber got munched to the stem. Slug pellets at the ready now!

Have a good'un

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X